Why you left Bitwig?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:37 pm
docbot wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:57 amthat to me is exactly the kind of slightly fan boy tainted view that a lot of Bitwig Users seem to have and I think it stands in the way of Bitwig.
2 things...

what we talk about here has no influence on the development of Bitwig. It is just some users have some conversation and will not get in the way of anything.

second, just cause someone has a different opinion, you don't need to start getting personal.
didn't mean too, pardon

docbot wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:12 pm
pdxindy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:37 pm
docbot wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:57 amthat to me is exactly the kind of slightly fan boy tainted view that a lot of Bitwig Users seem to have and I think it stands in the way of Bitwig.
2 things...

what we talk about here has no influence on the development of Bitwig. It is just some users have some conversation and will not get in the way of anything.

second, just cause someone has a different opinion, you don't need to start getting personal.
didn't mean too, pardon
:hug:

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:54 pm No, seriously, you think you can read a trend about a DAW becoming unpopular out of the amount of Google searches? That's absolute nonsense. Check it for any DAW out there, and the result will be exactly the same.
Might be nonsense, but G is so big that it might even display trends accurately. Try trending Chrome and Firefox. Firefox will decline. Besides, everyone is using it now.

It’s pretty indicative I’ve found.

Thats the problem with Bitwig, if you start using it you can’t prevent becoming a fan girl/boy. Nothing wrong with this and for sure it doesn’t stand in the way...
I plead myself guilty... As well as being a fan boy for my LinnStrument, Max/MSP and my Tibetan bowls... And for advocating MPE, and for being a fan of Wittgenstein or Robert Fripp...

I supported Bitwig because they presented themselves as a small company relating on a loyal userbase. Sailliant detail: they even gave first hour users badges. At each occasion the fanbois were shouting for years: they are small company, just wait and see!

Now they've ganged up with companies like Waves, I ask the forum: is Waves a small company????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

excuse me please wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:45 amNow they've ganged up with companies like Waves, I ask the forum: is Waves a small ompany????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
How about a different explanation? They've stumbled on some unexpected issue with new features (on-line collab? Apple Silicon version? something else?) and in order for the users to not feel abandoned they've started releasing new videos, Electic Keys soundpack, the co-op with Harrison & Waves, etc. Not to mention bugfixes to 3.3.x

Last time I checked (just now), they're still a small company with 18 people, compared to Ableton's 635(!),Steinberg's 175, Reason Studios' 68 and Image-Line's 61.

If co-op with Waves is a reason to leave a DAW, then by all means go ahead :o :dog:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

' ganged up' seems a bit harsh, unless they have come to your house and roughed you up a bit! :wink:

Bitwig are small, IMHO they should us that to their advantage and talk a lot more directly with the user base (having their own registered user forums and not forums on KVR may help). Asa was mentioned, Image Line have 6-+ but still talk everyday (via posts) to their user base and it they get that 'small company' feel and buy in.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:25 am
excuse me please wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:45 amNow they've ganged up with companies like Waves, I ask the forum: is Waves a small ompany????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
How about a different explanation? They've stumbled on some unexpected issue with new features (on-line collab? Apple Silicon version? something else?) and in order for the users to not feel abandoned they've started releasing new videos, Electic Keys soundpack, the co-op with Harrison & Waves, etc. Not to mention bugfixes to 3.3.x

Last time I checked (just now), they're still a small company with 18 people, compared to Ableton's 635(!),Steinberg's 175, Reason Studios' 68 and Image-Line's 61.

If co-op with Waves is a reason to leave a DAW, then by all means go ahead :o :dog:
Oh c'mon don't be silly. People have been asking for basic DAW functions for years. To name one:

https://ask.audio/articles/comping-audi ... wig-studio

I obviously cannot say for certain, but I'd think it's unlikely that any cross-promotion between Bitwig and Waves will be taking up any developers time. If it's going to be anything it will be a marketing department thing. And to be fair, I suspect there will be a lot more of Waves customers who are now having Bitwig advertised to them (and the free 8-Track lets them get their hands on it, albeit a cut down version) than there are Bitwig users being advertised about Waves.

excuse me please wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:33 am Oh c'mon don't be silly. People have been asking for basic DAW functions for years. To name one:

What does that have to do with anything you or I said???

You're leaving because they "ganged up" with Waves.

THAT is silly :wink:
Music tech enthusiast

sbmongoose wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:29 pmI obviously cannot say for certain, but I'd think it's unlikely that any cross-promotion between Bitwig and Waves will be taking up any developers time. If it's going to be anything it will be a marketing department thing. And to be fair, I suspect there will be a lot more of Waves customers who are now having Bitwig advertised to them (and the free 8-Track lets them get their hands on it, albeit a cut down version) than there are Bitwig users being advertised about Waves.
Exactly. A pitch-tracking, dynamic EQ that's superior to what R-Bass is doing can be built using Bitwig's native devices in 2 minutes... I wouldn't be surprised if the initiative came from Waves, rather than from Bitwig.
Music tech enthusiast

excuse me please wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:33 amOh c'mon don't be silly. People have been asking for basic DAW functions for years. To name one:

Hey, you don't have to justify using another DAW... use whatever works for you and good luck with your music!

i left Bitwig, because i needed some cash.
"It dreamed itself along"

antic604 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:33 pm
sbmongoose wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:29 pmI obviously cannot say for certain, but I'd think it's unlikely that any cross-promotion between Bitwig and Waves will be taking up any developers time. If it's going to be anything it will be a marketing department thing. And to be fair, I suspect there will be a lot more of Waves customers who are now having Bitwig advertised to them (and the free 8-Track lets them get their hands on it, albeit a cut down version) than there are Bitwig users being advertised about Waves.
Exactly. A pitch-tracking, dynamic EQ that's superior to what R-Bass is doing can be built using Bitwig's native devices in 2 minutes... I wouldn't be surprised if the initiative came from Waves, rather than from Bitwig.
It's like the Harrison plugins as well, Bitwig already can do the same things as their EQ and compressor they gave away. Though it is nice to have them in other DAWs when I want to use them. :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”