THREE features you'd pay upgrade price for?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic

Select THREE features you'd pay upgrade price for!

On-line collaboration
1%
Step recording
4%
Mixed track heights
2%
Resizeable mixer faders
2%
Proper feedback routing (tracks, sends, Grid)
2%
Alias / Linked Clips
3%
Automation clips
6%
Scene follow-actions
1%
Audio & MIDI Comping
10%
Retrospective recording
7%
Native pitch correction (ala Melodyne)
2%
Video track / playback
3%
Grid containers
5%
MIDI Grid
12%
UI builder (knobs, faders, buttons, X/Y as remote pages)
4%
FL-like piano-roll features
13%
Scoring / notation support
1%
Data zoom / logarythmic waveform view
1%
Apple Silicon native support
3%
Audio to MIDI
3%
ARA support
6%
MSEG
9%

Total votes: 578

RELATED
PRODUCTS

machinesworking wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:15 am
amg56 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:15 am +1 Groove Pool.
It doesn't have to be "great", just something on the lines of what Live offers.
Another one for added groove/swing/groove pool. BUT. It does have to be great. Make it the best there is with all options. Extract from audio, extract from midi. Different grooves per clip. Everything.

That said... I've already paid my update and will still be happy with Bitwig even if they just changed it to v4.0.

But.. another improvement I'd like to see is better mixer functionality.
  • Improved faders/meters.
  • Ability to link faders.
  • Ability to create new 'views' i.e. so can have a custom view with only selected groups
etc

_leras wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:35 pm
Select 2+ tracks and then move the fader (and some other selected parameters) in Inspector panel.
_leras wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:35 pm
  • Ability to create new 'views' i.e. so can have a custom view with only selected groups
You can enter / focus into any Group in top-left corner of the arranger window (there's a drop down). You can group groups, too.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

1 Release
2 The Update
3 Tomorrow
:)

I would pay for a standalone unit (like Akai Force, or NI Maschine+).

pc999 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:35 pm I would pay for a standalone unit (like Akai Force, or NI Maschine+).
Get a Surface Pro or wait for iPad port :)
Music tech enthusiast

Haven't found a DAW yet that works well with just a touchscreen....Bitwig is one of the best, but give me a laptop and mouse everyday!

Now a dedicated Bitwig controller...maybe? Bitwig must be one of the only DAWS that doesn’t have a dedicated controller. The scripts have made using generic or other DAWS controllers viable....but still, never quite the same!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Apple silicon should be a given, as with comping. ARA would make it more genre universal.

antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 pm
pc999 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:35 pm I would pay for a standalone unit (like Akai Force, or NI Maschine+).
I already have where to check my email, and do my spreadsheets :hihi: , I want a place where I can do all my music (without ever have the temptation to check my email :pray: )

pc999 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:30 am
antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 pm
I already have where to check my email, and do my spreadsheets :hihi: , I want a place where I can do all my music (without ever have the temptation to check my email :pray: )
That's why I have Elektron, MPC Live and a Polyend Tracker! I don't think you will ever see a 'DAW' in a Box...but plenty of other fun options.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:05 pm
Select 2+ tracks and then move the fader (and some other selected parameters) in Inspector panel.
You can enter / focus into any Group in top-left corner of the arranger window (there's a drop down). You can group groups, too.
Thanks! This is exactly what I do. select, ctrl + select - but still only the one channel fader moves.

With the 'mixers views', I mean really more of making an alternative mixer view with different channels. For the final mix I aim for some sub groups for processing and mixing, along with a Main and a Parallel Main that go out to Master. So I want a view of the mixer that ONLY has the channels I want, which will typically be 6-8 group or key channels, plus that main and parralel and the final master.

I get that I can collapse and expand group tracks - but what I really want is my compact cherry picked tracks/group tracks for mixing, totally separate to how I have my project setup. I don't want to collapse all the groups in arrange, just to see the groups only view in the mixer. Or at very least, be able to have a few configurations that I can jump between.

_leras wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:56 pm Thanks! This is exactly what I do. select, ctrl + select - but still only the one channel fader moves.
That doesn't sound right. If you select multiple tracks and then move fader IN INSPECTOR, all of the faders on selected tracks will move proportionally.

_leras wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:56 pmI get that I can collapse and expand group tracks - but what I really want is my compact cherry picked tracks/group tracks for mixing, totally separate to how I have my project setup. I don't want to collapse all the groups in arrange, just to see the groups only view in the mixer. Or at very least, be able to have a few configurations that I can jump between.
I don't mean collapsing groups (hiding tracks that are inside of it). I'm at work now so can't show it, but in the top-left corner of the Arranger there's this button - if you click it, you can 'focus' arranger and editors on selected Group only:

arranger.png

I know it's not the same as track visibility settings in Cubase or Studio One, but at least it's something :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:07 pm
_leras wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:56 pm Thanks! This is exactly what I do. select, ctrl + select - but still only the one channel fader moves.
That doesn't sound right. If you select multiple tracks and then move fader IN INSPECTOR, all of the faders on selected tracks will move proportionally.

_leras wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:56 pmI get that I can collapse and expand group tracks - but what I really want is my compact cherry picked tracks/group tracks for mixing, totally separate to how I have my project setup. I don't want to collapse all the groups in arrange, just to see the groups only view in the mixer. Or at very least, be able to have a few configurations that I can jump between.
I don't mean collapsing groups (hiding tracks that are inside of it). I'm at work now so can't show it, but in the top-left corner of the Arranger there's this button - if you click it, you can 'focus' arranger and editors on selected Group only:

I know it's not the same as track visibility settings in Cubase or Studio One, but at least it's something :)
Thanks for replying. I owe you a beer, you are always so helpful!

Weird, yep, I can only move a single fader at a time... ah Ok, in the inspector, on the very left... but only in that horizontal fader... Thanks that is something I guess, will be helpful. I'd rather have it work in the mixer itself if possible. Maybe I should email BW.

And, thanks - that 'focus on group' is something I had overlooked and could be quite useful at times. Something like that, but being able select multiple groups, and keep a few 'view' would be pretty neat.

But really, I just want a main mixing view, stems if you like - but without the collapsing/uncollapsing.

where's the groove pool ?

mosska wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:17 pm where's the groove pool ?
In Ableton. I heard it's fun :P
Music tech enthusiast

_leras wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:35 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:07 pm

Thanks for replying. I owe you a beer, you are always so helpful!

Weird, yep, I can only move a single fader at a time... ah Ok, in the inspector, on the very left... but only in that horizontal fader... Thanks that is something I guess, will be helpful. I'd rather have it work in the mixer itself if possible. Maybe I should email BW.

And, thanks - that 'focus on group' is something I had overlooked and could be quite useful at times. Something like that, but being able select multiple groups, and keep a few 'view' would be pretty neat.

But really, I just want a main mixing view, stems if you like - but without the collapsing/uncollapsing.
not the cheapest workaround but also working ...
officially supported from 3.1 https://www.bitwig.com/stories/announci ... dio-31-43/ at the bottom of the page
Many more controllers now work out-of-the-box in Bitwig Studio, such as Novation Launchpad Pro (using our new beat repeat API function), Arturia KeyLab MkII, PreSonus FaderPort 8 and 16, as well as Nektar SE25, SE49, GX and LX+.
the colors of the track selectors on it follow the Bitwig ones so looks nice at night :D gives the room a touch of color.

ps. modern workflow new possibilities :party:
https://youtu.be/11aNC1e6r9c?t=627
from 10:20
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Bitwig”