Bitwig is NOT a subscription

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

liquidsound wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:34 pm
wavedigit wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:12 pm Isn't the license a subscription on updates though?
Probably it's better to see it as a "Renewal of Membership for free updates" :wink:
I see where you're coming from, but are updates free if you paid for them? Perhaps a better term would be "Membership for an update period".
((( ~ )))

wavedigit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:37 pm
liquidsound wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:34 pm
wavedigit wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:12 pm Isn't the license a subscription on updates though?
Probably it's better to see it as a "Renewal of Membership for free updates" :wink:
I see where you're coming from, but are updates free if you paid for them? Perhaps a better term would be "Membership for an update period".
Well, there are no free updates (with exceptions), even though other vendors charge for a substantial update and they include "free updates", those are actually paid for in the update price if you will.

I think "One year Membership" (a friendly invite to) followed by "anything" provided by the vendor should remove the tendency to call it a Subscription.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

:lol:
anoise wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:51 pm It's Friday! Where is Bitwig 4? :x
In the future there will be robots!

oops double post... sorry
Last edited by theorize on Tue May 04, 2021 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

theorize wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:00 am :lol:
anoise wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:51 pm It's Friday! Where is Bitwig 4? :x
Where's my next year of upgrades? Last year wasn't good. I'm getting pretty annoyed as every time I open bitwig it asks for more money. OK maybe not every time but once is too much given most of the updates I've seen are largely bug fixes.

We should have a poll.

T71 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:42 am We should have a poll.
About?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:00 am
T71 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:42 am We should have a poll.

About?
A poll to vote on if Bitwig is a subscription or not. Sorry, I forgot the internet sarcasm tags. :hihi:

It's not even an update subscription. My plan has been ended since almost half a year and I've received all the updates because they are minor big fix updates. So yeah you obviously don't need to buy it as soon as it runs out. It's just a way to buy a major update whenever you want and then also get any major updates within a year from that point. You have to really not understand the situation to think it's a subscription. However in defense of those people, it isn't really so clear if you're not reading threads like this or if you don't already have Bitwig.

You only get updates while you are still on the same version. Mine is a few versions behind but still ver 3, I don't get any updates (bug fixes or anything), and can't really use it as a matter of fact, because it doesn't work well now. *I do get a notice to renew or ignore the latest version.

Return to “Bitwig”