The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

damn good live too!
saw them once before diff class, at some little festival in sheffield, only caught a couple of tracks but was impressed.
then after different class at glastonbury, they smashed it!

and jarvis is pretty cool for a nerd.

vurt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:27 pm

This always makes me laugh, and the fact that Jarvis is in it is even better;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxNyyZpP3GM

:hihi:
brass eye was something we wouldn't see made today :lol:

damn good live too!
saw them once before diff class, at some little festival in sheffield, only caught a couple of tracks but was impressed.

Anyone who has the bravado to 'moon' Michael Jackson live on TV gets my vote! :)
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

vurt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:58 pm do you ever play just for the sake of it?
noodling?

or is it always working? on music or sound design?
That's the funny thing. I used to. In fact, in the early years, that's all I did. I'd sit down at the piano and just play. I'm sure most of it was crap but I had so much fun. I don't think I've sat down to just play since the first song I wrote in 1977. After that, it became my obsession to become a hit songwriter. And when I say obsession, I mean obsession. I spent thousands of dollars on equipment, professional demos, you name it. None of it ever got me anything but deep in debt.

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:45 pm
noodling?

That's the funny thing. I used to. In fact, in the early years, that's all I did. I'd sit down at the piano and just play. I'm sure most of it was crap but I had so much fun. I don't think I've sat down to just play since the first song I wrote in 1977. After that, it became my obsession to become a hit songwriter. And when I say obsession, I mean obsession. I spent thousands of dollars on equipment, professional demos, you name it. None of it ever got me anything but deep in debt.
yup, im sure ive spent a fair amount over the years on getting nowhere :lol:

been fun though, sometimes :hihi:

maybe try that, just noodle on your controller, im not suggesting you need to buy "real" instruments or whatever...
you have the keys and the sounds!
just jam!! 8)

ChameleonMusic wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:39 pm
damn good live too!

Anyone who has the bravado to 'moon' Michael Jackson live on TV gets my vote! :)
:hihi: :tu:

vurt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:55 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:45 pm
noodling?

yup, im sure ive spent a fair amount over the years on getting nowhere :lol:

been fun though, sometimes :hihi:

maybe try that, just noodle on your controller, im not suggesting you need to buy "real" instruments or whatever...
you have the keys and the sounds!
just jam!! 8)
Give over you crazy fool. I'll wager that Wags has the same affliction as me; "I'll just have a bit of a noodle on the guitar whilst the pizza is in the oven.." . Luckily the oven has a timer, plenty of cold pizzas though.. 20 seconds into noodling, signwriting brain takes control, every time. :scared:

lsd is such a fun tune, did you try it ?

The melody on it is echanting

Jesse Gorter wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:40 pm lsd is such a fun tune, did you try it ?

Jesse, I never did drugs. Not even sure how I got the inspiration to write that tune. It just came to me, like most things do.

Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:07 pm Give over you crazy fool. I'll wager that Wags has the same affliction as me; "I'll just have a bit of a noodle on the guitar whilst the pizza is in the oven.." . Luckily the oven has a timer, plenty of cold pizzas though.. 20 seconds into noodling, signwriting brain takes control, every time. :scared:
you sure about that? :?

wagtunes wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:06 pm
Jesse Gorter wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:40 pm lsd is such a fun tune, did you try it ?

Jesse, I never did drugs. Not even sure how I got the inspiration to write that tune. It just came to me, like most things do.

Thanks for the listen and the feedback.
I never did either. Not sure if i ever wrote a tune before actually doing the thing

Part of the problem I'm having is because of the nature of the project itself.

Long story short.

In 1977, my first album was Gas: A Rock Opera. It was done on a Teac A3440. So I had 4 channels. That was it. One channel for Keys, one for guitar, one for drums and one for vocals. It was very bare bones. I didn't like bouncing because it didn't sound good. So it really sounded like it was recorded in someone's basement.

Well my current project is Gas II: A Rock Opera. It's the sequel. I wanted to maintain that basement feel but just make the recording a lot better and the playing and singing a lot better.. So no full blown arrangements or anything like that.

Trying to strike a balance between simplicity and excellence is proving to be a major challenge for me because once I was able to record more than 4 tracks (took a few years) none of my arrangements were simple anymore. So scaling down is just against my nature and I'm fighting it. Thus, the songs are suffering because of it.

That's my problem in a nut shell.

... nfm
Last edited by jancivil on Thu May 06, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”