VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:21 am
BuddySpencer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:40 pm
Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:02 am
BuddySpencer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:11 am I am using ANA 2 from the Slate All Access Bundle. The version that can be downloaded from the Slate page is 2.0.94. How can I update ANA 2 to the recent version? Do I need to register at Sonic Academy? My old version is crashing C11 Pro from time to time
The slate version will be coming soon. They are just doing a bit more testing.
Alright thx! I really really like Ana2, but it is unusable for me in Cubase 11 because it randomly crashes or freezes the DAW. Hopefully it´s fixed in the recent update :pray:
Drop me an email.. phil@sonicacademy.com

Would love to track down and fix your issue.
Thx! Just wrote you. Hope you can figure this out

sqigls wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:09 am Just noticed a v2.0.97 update...
Release Notes:

v2.0.97

Anyone else lost all their favourite/star tags after this update?

(Cubendo 11, Mac 10.14.6)
rsp
sound sculptist

I also seem to have lost all my own presets but I am not working on my main computer at the moment so it might just be that they didn't copy over properly. I'll have a look on the big boy later and see what's what.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I might have found a buglett....

1. Click on Menu and select INIT PRESET
2. Create a patch, doesn't matter as long as you can hear the difference between it and the INIT.
3. From the Menu select SAVE AS PRESET
4. Make sure to change the name, select a category say Poly for example and SAVE the patch.
5. Now go back to Menu and select INIT PRESET again. It does not load the INIT patch but keeps the last saved sound.
6. Load another instance of ANA 2 and select INIT PRESET and it's back to the factory INIT patch.

So once you use INIT patch you can't use it again until you reload the plugin. Confirmed on two systems both running Win 10 and in two different DAWs everything 64 bit.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I just tried that and can confirm it happens that same way here on my Windows 10 PC:

I also tried it this way and it worked:

Followed Tek's steps first.
Switched to a different factory preset.
Switch back to my own creation (that was from INIT originally).
Click INIT and then it works correctly.
Last edited by Examigan on Tue May 04, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok thanks!! Will have a look at this.

Teksonik wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:17 pm I might have found a buglett....

1. Click on Menu and select INIT PRESET
2. Create a patch, doesn't matter as long as you can hear the difference between it and the INIT.
3. From the Menu select SAVE AS PRESET
4. Make sure to change the name, select a category say Poly for example and SAVE the patch.
5. Now go back to Menu and select INIT PRESET again. It does not load the INIT patch but keeps the last saved sound.
6. Load another instance of ANA 2 and select INIT PRESET and it's back to the factory INIT patch.

So once you use INIT patch you can't use it again until you reload the plugin. Confirmed on two systems both running Win 10 and in two different DAWs everything 64 bit.....
Confirmed here as well
Reaper 6.27
Win 7
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Looking forward to the new retro preset pack released today@!

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:31 pm I just came across ANA 2 late last year. Wow what a well thought out synth. Sounds great as well. It is perfectly suited for my particular work flow.

I do have a question. I have noticed that the square wave oscillator sounds clean at higher notes but as soon as you adjust the pulse width you can hear aliasing. I tried this on some other synths....some did some didn't.
My question....is this because ANA 2 is using wave tables to provide the changes in width?
Did this get resolved?

Which synths aliased and which didn't? For my curiousity...

The Aliasing in ANA 2 is managed at the OSC sample level. I.e. before we apply the pulse width so you will get some aliasing at extreme settings and pitches.

The built in pulse width and sync are just manipulating that waveform. So not wavetables.

My preference is to use the 3D wavetables that have pulse width... like the Jupiter PWM etc... these are more accurate to the classic analog synth sound.

I’ve added a few new PWM wavetables... Juno 106 and Aplha Juno saw... also the main OSCs from OB6 have a pulse width bit too.

@biscuitdough
The new pwm tables solved the aliasing in high notes for me. Inserting a square wave then modulating the width isnt exactly pwm. It shifts both the positive and negative sections of the wave leaving a very short spike at the negative to pw transition. I think this is where the aliasing is coming from. The new pwm WT just shorten the positive section. They sound great. Exactly what I was trying to achieve. Clear a bell in the high registers.
Last edited by Scrubbing Monkeys on Fri May 07, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Are there plans to bring the the updated version into demo?
Also is the lost presets/favorites fixed?

Hi All

V2.0.98 available now in your Sonic Academy account area

- FIXED: Issue where some waveforms would not load into OSC 1/2/3 on Windows
- FIXED: DAW Freezing issues
- FIXED: Bug with GUI load / memory use
- FIXED: Some issues with GUI assets

v2.0.97
- 57 New Waveforms added to the Factory Bank

v2.0.97b
- FIXED: Preset ordering not being recalled
- FIXED: VST3 not outputting audio behaving oddly on Windows
- FIXED: Font scaling issue
- FIXED: Tooltip display bug on M1

Great, I just bought Ana the other week :)

Really enjoying the synth btw, I used to think it was redundant over Spire/Serum/Dune3 but couldn't resist the discounted price. There's something about the sound which I like a lot, making classy psytrance leads with Ana is a piece of cake. I spotted soundsets by Lunatica and Burn in Noise, so apparently psy pros do actually use Ana.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Nice one! Glad you are digging it. We have good trance heritage at Sonic Academy with me (Coast 2 Coast) Chris (Agnelli and Nelson) and Nate (who also works at KVR now) as Protoculture and Shadow Chronicles.

I always had trance as a major pillar when designing ANA 2. We spent a lot of time on make a really good super saw with minimal phasing.

Let me know if there are any psy sounds you are struggling to create and I can have a go for you

Return to “Instruments”