The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congratulations, I have enjoyed many of your songs over the years. You have always been willing to dive into all kinds of projects. I felt you were succeeding even before the royalty check. But, if that is your measure then may you receive many more.

rotku60 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:29 am Congratulations, I have enjoyed many of your songs over the years. You have always been willing to dive into all kinds of projects. I felt you were succeeding even before the royalty check. But, if that is your measure then may you receive many more.
For me it was a matter of being able to show all the naysayers (and there have been plenty over the years) that I could have some success as a songwriter. That's what I set out to prove. I proved it. And now I can die in peace.

In order to understand why this $74 check is so important, you'd have to know my life story regarding songwriting and that story is too long to get into here.

Oh, and to the 39 people who said my music sucks, up yours.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:33 am Oh, and to the 39 people who said my music sucks, up yours.
Don’t know how many you can take for serious there. I laughed at the option because it sounded funny and felt it was a joke category. Could have been tempted just for the fun of it :party: :tu:
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

I admire your passion and perseverance, Wagtunes. These are the things that count in life.

excuse me please wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:10 am I admire your passion and perseverance, Wagtunes. These are the things that count in life.
Trust me, in most things, I'm not really like that and pretty easy going. But when it comes to my music, that's always been a sore spot for me because of all the ridicule I've gotten over the years. That's what made this success all the more sweet.

I can now die in peace.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:54 am
excuse me please wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:10 am I admire your passion and perseverance, Wagtunes. These are the things that count in life.
Trust me, in most things, I'm not really like that and pretty easy going. But when it comes to my music, that's always been a sore spot for me because of all the ridicule I've gotten over the years. That's what made this success all the more sweet.

I can now die in peace.
You need to carry on for a bit at least - sell a few more songs to get the cash for the funeral costs. :hihi:

donkey tugger wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:05 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:54 am

I can now die in peace.
You need to carry on for a bit at least - sell a few more songs to get the cash for the funeral costs. :hihi:
Please, my father in law left us a fortune. I don't need the money. Hell, my last job was in 2001 just after 911. The music is just for the recognition. Nothing more.

But if you want to chip in for the "Let's throws Wags a big bash for his funeral" fund, I'm not proud. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:32 am In order to understand why this $74 check is so important, you'd have to know my life story regarding songwriting and that story is too long to get into here.
Congratulations, well deserved. Your effort, commitment and output is spectacular, well done.

Does the cheque get framed or cashed?
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

The Noodlist wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:19 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:32 am In order to understand why this $74 check is so important, you'd have to know my life story regarding songwriting and that story is too long to get into here.
Congratulations, well deserved. Your effort, commitment and output is spectacular, well done.

I haven't decided yet.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:27 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:19 pm

I haven't decided yet.
I'd have to cash it to make sure it doesn't bounce.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:54 am I can now die in peace.
Yup. Homecoming, as said. And yes, as long as you haven't ruined yourself along the way, money has the least to do with it. Incomparable values. :harp:
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

Congrats wag on the royalty check! That’s incredible.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:31 am Congrats wag on the royalty check! That’s incredible.
Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. You write thousands of songs and something has to catch fire. :lol:

I started my current CD on 2/23/2021. On 5/11/2021, almost 3 months later, I just reached the halfway point. At this rate, it will take me close to 6 months to finish this one CD.

Return to “Music Cafe”