The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5
4%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
8
6%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
12
9%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3
2%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
3
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
16
13%
Metal (various sub genres)
14
11%
EDM (various sub genres)
16
13%
80s (various genres)
10
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
40
31%
 
Total votes: 127

User avatar
KVRist
74 posts since 31 May, 2004 from Columbus, Oh

Post Fri May 07, 2021 6:29 pm

Congratulations, I have enjoyed many of your songs over the years. You have always been willing to dive into all kinds of projects. I felt you were succeeding even before the royalty check. But, if that is your measure then may you receive many more.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20408 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Fri May 07, 2021 6:32 pm

rotku60 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:29 pm
Congratulations, I have enjoyed many of your songs over the years. You have always been willing to dive into all kinds of projects. I felt you were succeeding even before the royalty check. But, if that is your measure then may you receive many more.
For me it was a matter of being able to show all the naysayers (and there have been plenty over the years) that I could have some success as a songwriter. That's what I set out to prove. I proved it. And now I can die in peace.

In order to understand why this $74 check is so important, you'd have to know my life story regarding songwriting and that story is too long to get into here.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20408 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Fri May 07, 2021 6:33 pm

Oh, and to the 39 people who said my music sucks, up yours.

User avatar
KVRist
349 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Fri May 07, 2021 8:38 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:33 pm
Oh, and to the 39 people who said my music sucks, up yours.
Don’t know how many you can take for serious there. I laughed at the option because it sounded funny and felt it was a joke category. Could have been tempted just for the fun of it :party: :tu:
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154
"First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

User avatar
KVRian
1376 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Fri May 07, 2021 9:10 pm

I admire your passion and perseverance, Wagtunes. These are the things that count in life.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20408 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Sat May 08, 2021 1:54 am

excuse me please wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:10 pm
I admire your passion and perseverance, Wagtunes. These are the things that count in life.
Trust me, in most things, I'm not really like that and pretty easy going. But when it comes to my music, that's always been a sore spot for me because of all the ridicule I've gotten over the years. That's what made this success all the more sweet.

I can now die in peace.

User avatar
Boss Lovin' DR
7942 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Sat May 08, 2021 2:05 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:54 am
excuse me please wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:10 pm
I admire your passion and perseverance, Wagtunes. These are the things that count in life.
Trust me, in most things, I'm not really like that and pretty easy going. But when it comes to my music, that's always been a sore spot for me because of all the ridicule I've gotten over the years. That's what made this success all the more sweet.

I can now die in peace.
You need to carry on for a bit at least - sell a few more songs to get the cash for the funeral costs. :hihi:

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20408 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Sat May 08, 2021 2:16 am

donkey tugger wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:05 am
wagtunes wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:54 am
excuse me please wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:10 pm
I admire your passion and perseverance, Wagtunes. These are the things that count in life.
Trust me, in most things, I'm not really like that and pretty easy going. But when it comes to my music, that's always been a sore spot for me because of all the ridicule I've gotten over the years. That's what made this success all the more sweet.

I can now die in peace.
You need to carry on for a bit at least - sell a few more songs to get the cash for the funeral costs. :hihi:
Please, my father in law left us a fortune. I don't need the money. Hell, my last job was in 2001 just after 911. The music is just for the recognition. Nothing more.

But if you want to chip in for the "Let's throws Wags a big bash for his funeral" fund, I'm not proud. :lol:

User avatar
KVRAF
3790 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from Land of The Charity Shop

Post Sat May 08, 2021 5:19 am

wagtunes wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:32 pm
In order to understand why this $74 check is so important, you'd have to know my life story regarding songwriting and that story is too long to get into here.
Congratulations, well deserved. Your effort, commitment and output is spectacular, well done.

Does the cheque get framed or cashed?
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20408 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Sat May 08, 2021 5:27 am

The Noodlist wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:19 am
wagtunes wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:32 pm
In order to understand why this $74 check is so important, you'd have to know my life story regarding songwriting and that story is too long to get into here.
Congratulations, well deserved. Your effort, commitment and output is spectacular, well done.

Does the cheque get framed or cashed?
I haven't decided yet.

User avatar
KVRAF
3790 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from Land of The Charity Shop

Post Sat May 08, 2021 5:52 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:27 am
The Noodlist wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:19 am
wagtunes wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:32 pm
In order to understand why this $74 check is so important, you'd have to know my life story regarding songwriting and that story is too long to get into here.
Congratulations, well deserved. Your effort, commitment and output is spectacular, well done.

Does the cheque get framed or cashed?
I haven't decided yet.
I'd have to cash it to make sure it doesn't bounce.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

User avatar
KVRist
349 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Sat May 08, 2021 9:02 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:54 am
I can now die in peace.
Yup. Homecoming, as said. And yes, as long as you haven't ruined yourself along the way, money has the least to do with it. Incomparable values. :harp:
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154
"First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRist
481 posts since 23 Apr, 2017 from Eastern US

Post Sun May 09, 2021 2:31 am

Congrats wag on the royalty check! That’s incredible.
Synth1, PG8X, Dexed, Sound Canvas VA, FB-3x00 series, blooo, scrooo, qyooo, SQ8L, GTG FM4, DSK Asian and Indian DreamZ, and much more VSTs. Casio, Yamaha, Korg, Alesis HW.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20408 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Sun May 09, 2021 3:25 am

Music Bird wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:31 am
Congrats wag on the royalty check! That’s incredible.
Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. You write thousands of songs and something has to catch fire. :lol:

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20408 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Wed May 12, 2021 3:16 am

I started my current CD on 2/23/2021. On 5/11/2021, almost 3 months later, I just reached the halfway point. At this rate, it will take me close to 6 months to finish this one CD.

Return to “Music Cafe”