Beware of scammers selling unused reg codes!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

currently there's a new scam where people sell "unused" redeem codes aka registration codes for our products. In this scam, the redeem codes are not obtained legally, but by means of fraud.

At this point, there is no good reason for anyone to sell redeem codes from our NI sale anymore, because this time the bundle was not splittable. There never was any good reason really to resell a redeem code for a third party seller.

If you still wish to buy such a code, we highly advise to make sure you verify the identity of the seller, e.g. obtain their phone number, give them a call.

Cheers,

- Urs

Cue Song---- when theres something fake in your neighbourhood... who ya gonna call.... scambusters.... when theres a serial code and it don't look true... who ya gonna call....

SUPPORT!!!

Urs wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:15 pm At this point, there is no good reason for anyone to sell redeem codes from our NI sale anymore, because this time the bundle was not splittable. There never was any good reason really to resell a redeem code for a third party seller.
Well i have a good reason for having unused codes from the first NI sale, i wanted half the bundle to complete my U-he collection and was going to gift the others to my partner. However she changed her mind about using a daw and went back to just playing guitar.

I'd forgotten all about the unused codes, guess i wont find it easy to sell them now, :(
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Kypresso wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:37 pm
Urs wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:15 pm At this point, there is no good reason for anyone to sell redeem codes from our NI sale anymore, because this time the bundle was not splittable. There never was any good reason really to resell a redeem code for a third party seller.
Well i have a good reason for having unused codes from the first NI sale, i wanted half the bundle to complete my U-he collection and was going to gift the others to my partner. However she changed her mind about using a daw and went back to just playing guitar.

I'd forgotten all about the unused codes, guess i wont find it easy to sell them now, :(
Well, that's all okay. However be aware that there are scammers out there who found a loophole by selling unused registration codes. In case of doubt we can verify that your codes are from the first NI sale and I'll be happy to testify that then if you're selling g on KVR.

I really appreciate how much thought and care you put into protecting people buying (and selling) second hand licenses of your products, Urs.

This applies only to u-he codes, of course. I frequently sell other unused reg codes from other devs because I'm the world's worst impulse-buyer and frequently regret purchases seconds after hitting "submit" on the order page. :wink:

The scam is not specific to u-he reg codes. Please understand that I won't lay out how it's done, just be aware that this issue exists, some of our customers ran into it, and if you buy unused reg codes, please double check the seller's rep.

Is there a way for the seller to validate the code with u-he then send the buyer a proof of confirmation before proceeding?

Urs post is what makes U-he such a class act in this music software business.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I just purchased an unused code for Hive 2. If I was able to activate it in my account (which I was) and have the code sent back to me ok when I requested to have my serials sent (which worked), is it a legit unused code?

killmaster wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:20 am I just purchased an unused code for Hive 2. If I was able to activate it in my account (which I was) and have the code sent back to me ok when I requested to have my serials sent (which worked), is it a legit unused code?
I can't answer this in detail without unveiling the method, which I do not feel comfortable about.

But no, we do not immediately know if you, a shop, us or even the person who sold the code to you got scammed. We usually know a few weeks later.

Are there any specific seller names, places they’re selling, email addresses, etc. that could be shared that would help potential buyers identify these scammers in advance?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:00 pm Are there any specific seller names, places they’re selling, email addresses, etc. that could be shared that would help potential buyers identify these scammers in advance?
I don't have that information. I'm not even sure if we had it, it would be actual names of actual people.

As I said, I don't think it applies only to us, it's just an annoying next level of scam that occurred to a handful of long term customers of ours.

And you guys add 30 days before reselling because of this right? Good move. You protect your customers very well!
Roots, Rock, Reggae

jcolle wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:54 pm And you guys add 30 days before reselling because of this right? Good move. You protect your customers very well!
I think 6 weeks...

It's the time it usually takes for a credit institutes to process chargebacks.

Return to “u-he”