Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian
902 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Post Tue May 11, 2021 11:57 pm

I'd also personally appreciate some half-way brightness color scheme (between the current very dark and extremely bright themes).

Anyway, I finally got Generate last week... absolutely phenomenal, in part thanks to the latest update.
Anyone enjoying the freebie should seriously consider the "full version".
It's Pendulate on steroids.

KVRAF
2355 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Wed May 12, 2021 2:11 am

DGillespie wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:04 pm
Spring Goose wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:49 am
Quick question for Dan: Is the Elevate bundle 4 things or 3 things? The PB page and the Eventide page aren't clear. (edit: i watched the your video and i understand now Elevate bundle is 4 things)

edit: Question 2/ Can Equivocate, Punctuate, and Saturate, be purposed for mixing not just mastering? Thanks Dan. (edit: i read a review and i understand now the 3 plugs are intended for mixing)
Yes, sorry for the lag in response, I've been crushed this week. 4 plug-ins, initially intended for mastering, but also great for mixing.
Thanks Dan. I've been trying the demo the last few days, and i'm very impressed.

KVRist
191 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Post Wed May 12, 2021 5:05 am

When it was first released I didn't dig in deep enough, now that I've spent a little time with Pendulate it's a very powerful and easily tweakable synth. Once you get used to the workflow I find it very intuitive.

Is there a way to remove the constant lit up update button on Pendulate ?
I've updated and the light is still on.
Dirk

KVRAF
1803 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Wed May 12, 2021 5:32 am

Dirk Diggler wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:05 am
When it was first released I didn't dig in deep enough, now that I've spent a little time with Pendulate it's a very powerful and easily tweakable synth. Once you get used to the workflow I find it very intuitive.

Is there a way to remove the constant lit up update button on Pendulate ?
I've updated and the light is still on.
Dirk
it must be version 1.2.1.

but i think you mean the UPGRADE button, is also lit in my case (although i have Generate...).
for upgrading (yes..) to Generate.
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

KVRAF
32510 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Wed May 12, 2021 5:36 am

Yes I had that problem too but I solved it by deleting Pendulate ;) (realised I probably don't need it anymore)

KVRAF
1803 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Wed May 12, 2021 5:39 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:36 am
Yes I had that problem too but I solved it by deleting Pendulate ;) (realised I probably don't need it anymore)
yes you can load presets you made in Generate. but still have projects with Pendulate, and i am lazy, and they work. only need some attention.

another solution; load only Generate......... :D
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

KVRAF
1782 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Wed May 12, 2021 6:36 am

perpetual3 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:14 am
Dirtgrain wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:37 am
If it ever goes as cheap as when they launched it, I'll give it another look.
$69 vs $79?
Someone is selling it on KVR for $75 I believe:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=560054

KVRAF
1736 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Post Wed May 12, 2021 7:07 am

killmaster wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:36 am
perpetual3 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:14 am
Dirtgrain wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:37 am
If it ever goes as cheap as when they launched it, I'll give it another look.
$69 vs $79?
Someone is selling it on KVR for $75 I believe:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=560054
Cool. I bought it upon release as an upgrade from the elevate bundle.

KVRist
191 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Post Wed May 12, 2021 9:29 am

Yep that's the kicker, I just updated to 1.21 the other day, and yet it still shows the yellow UPDATE.
The mouseover says there's an update of 1.21, nothing better than logical looping. :)
And there's no indication I can find on the GUI of what version it is.

No need for a poly version (elevate), the mono version fills the spot I needed in my setup.

Thanks for the help in any case.
Dirk

KVRist
425 posts since 30 Oct, 2003 from Pacific NW, USA

Post Wed May 12, 2021 11:50 am

I was already impressed with Newfangled Audio's effects and decided to get the full version of Generate after a couple of weeks of experimenting with Pendulate . I'm glad I did. This synth is very unique and has a sound that immediately makes it stand out. Another feature that I'm really digging is the 'randomize' button. I wish every synth and effect had that kind of capability. It makes for great "happy accidents". Just make sure you have a limiter on to protect your monitors or headphones!!

KVRist
425 posts since 8 Jan, 2012

Post Wed May 12, 2021 2:45 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with any praises that have been sung here for Generate. It's probably my favourite purchase of the last few years, and definitely in the running for my favourite ever! I absolutely love it. Incredible sound, very easy to use, and patches just spill out of it. Huge kudos for coming up with this masterpiece! :clap:

KVRAF
1782 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Wed May 12, 2021 4:28 pm

I think the new generators have elevated it! Now it seems quite a bit better, like it's really come into it's own now.

KVRist
144 posts since 13 Jul, 2005 from Longview, WA

Post Sun May 16, 2021 7:52 am

Just gave this a real going thru last night with the demo. This has become a contender for the next purchase for all the great reasons mentioned.

I appreciate the long demo period as I can see how it fits between some modular stuff and UA Lion. I’m on the search for ‘modular goodness/mayhem’ without always having to wire everything up from scratch. :)

AKJ
KVRAF
1898 posts since 2 Mar, 2004

Post Wed May 19, 2021 3:58 pm

really nice concept. However, I think that 2 parallel activations (according to the information on the Eventide site) is too restrictive. You should at least offer 3 - then I would probably buy it. I would buy it without hesitation it it just were a simple serial number (without challenge/response or dongle). Maybe, worthwhile a consideration to switch to simpler serials.

Return to “Instruments”