Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Generate Pendulate

I'd also personally appreciate some half-way brightness color scheme (between the current very dark and extremely bright themes).

Anyway, I finally got Generate last week... absolutely phenomenal, in part thanks to the latest update.
Anyone enjoying the freebie should seriously consider the "full version".
It's Pendulate on steroids.

DGillespie wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:04 am
Spring Goose wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:49 pm Quick question for Dan: Is the Elevate bundle 4 things or 3 things? The PB page and the Eventide page aren't clear. (edit: i watched the your video and i understand now Elevate bundle is 4 things)

edit: Question 2/ Can Equivocate, Punctuate, and Saturate, be purposed for mixing not just mastering? Thanks Dan. (edit: i read a review and i understand now the 3 plugs are intended for mixing)
Yes, sorry for the lag in response, I've been crushed this week. 4 plug-ins, initially intended for mastering, but also great for mixing.
Thanks Dan. I've been trying the demo the last few days, and i'm very impressed.

When it was first released I didn't dig in deep enough, now that I've spent a little time with Pendulate it's a very powerful and easily tweakable synth. Once you get used to the workflow I find it very intuitive.

Is there a way to remove the constant lit up update button on Pendulate ?
I've updated and the light is still on.
Dirk

Dirk Diggler wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:05 pm When it was first released I didn't dig in deep enough, now that I've spent a little time with Pendulate it's a very powerful and easily tweakable synth. Once you get used to the workflow I find it very intuitive.

Is there a way to remove the constant lit up update button on Pendulate ?
I've updated and the light is still on.
Dirk
it must be version 1.2.1.

but i think you mean the UPGRADE button, is also lit in my case (although i have Generate...).
for upgrading (yes..) to Generate.

Yes I had that problem too but I solved it by deleting Pendulate ;) (realised I probably don't need it anymore)

aMUSEd wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:36 pm Yes I had that problem too but I solved it by deleting Pendulate ;) (realised I probably don't need it anymore)
yes you can load presets you made in Generate. but still have projects with Pendulate, and i am lazy, and they work. only need some attention.

another solution; load only Generate......... :D

perpetual3 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:14 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:37 pm If it ever goes as cheap as when they launched it, I'll give it another look.
$69 vs $79?
Someone is selling it on KVR for $75 I believe:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=560054

killmaster wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:36 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:14 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:37 pm If it ever goes as cheap as when they launched it, I'll give it another look.
$69 vs $79?
Someone is selling it on KVR for $75 I believe:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=560054
Cool. I bought it upon release as an upgrade from the elevate bundle.

Yep that's the kicker, I just updated to 1.21 the other day, and yet it still shows the yellow UPDATE.
The mouseover says there's an update of 1.21, nothing better than logical looping. :)
And there's no indication I can find on the GUI of what version it is.

No need for a poly version (elevate), the mono version fills the spot I needed in my setup.

Thanks for the help in any case.
Dirk

I was already impressed with Newfangled Audio's effects and decided to get the full version of Generate after a couple of weeks of experimenting with Pendulate . I'm glad I did. This synth is very unique and has a sound that immediately makes it stand out. Another feature that I'm really digging is the 'randomize' button. I wish every synth and effect had that kind of capability. It makes for great "happy accidents". Just make sure you have a limiter on to protect your monitors or headphones!!

I wholeheartedly agree with any praises that have been sung here for Generate. It's probably my favourite purchase of the last few years, and definitely in the running for my favourite ever! I absolutely love it. Incredible sound, very easy to use, and patches just spill out of it. Huge kudos for coming up with this masterpiece! :clap:

I think the new generators have elevated it! Now it seems quite a bit better, like it's really come into it's own now.

Just gave this a real going thru last night with the demo. This has become a contender for the next purchase for all the great reasons mentioned.

I appreciate the long demo period as I can see how it fits between some modular stuff and UA Lion. I’m on the search for ‘modular goodness/mayhem’ without always having to wire everything up from scratch. :)

really nice concept. However, I think that 2 parallel activations (according to the information on the Eventide site) is too restrictive. You should at least offer 3 - then I would probably buy it. I would buy it without hesitation it it just were a simple serial number (without challenge/response or dongle). Maybe, worthwhile a consideration to switch to simpler serials.

Version 1.3 is available on the eventide or newfangled audio website, however tried to download it various times....seems corupted. Contacted them already

1.3.0:

1. New SATURATE wavefolder type is based on the soft clipping algorithm from the SATURATE plug-in, with some twists. Does really great PWM sounds.

2. New BENT 259 wavefolder type is a "model bent" version of the Buchla 259 wavefolder that produces smoother sounds.

3. FX Modulation: Added modulation targets for some of the EQ, Chorus, Delay, and Reverb controls

4. Updated Sequencer with Randomization, Pulse Width output, and new UI

5. Added Triplets to LFOs, Sample and Hold, and Delay Modules.

6. Added a new Stereo Voicing algorithm to the poly mode so single notes don’t get panned hard left or right

7. Delay WARP mode creates BBD style warping sounds when you change or modulate the delay time.

8. Subtle usability improvements to the modulation system.

9. New artist presets from Matt Lange, DATABROTH, SonalSystem, and Hunnidyard

Return to “Instruments”