E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:50 pm There's a weird behavior with the envelopes; when setting the ENV1 attack really high and you modulate cutoff with ENV2 with 0 attack and a short decay you can hear the high frequency content revealed by the ENV2 modulation at a much higher volume than expected, given that the sound is just beginning to go up in volume because of the long attack. Hope I was able to get my point accross.
Thanks! Can you maybe create a preset that demonstrates this issue? Makes it a bit easier for me to look in to the issue.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:31 am Some additional suggestions:
Thanks! :tu:

PierreJoseff wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:47 am Maybe it's already been mentioned but is there any plan to add mpe compatibility?
Maybe later. I first want to resolve the last bugs. And I'll need a mpe keyboard haha.

PierreJoseff wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:47 am on my side I find the interface great, really very readable and beautiful, it's very chic!
This synth is excellent in its simplicity and it's exactly the counterpoint I need when I'm a bit sick of/overwhelmed by my super modern and complex synths like Phaseplant.
Thanks! That's exactly why I created it. :tu:

How does the Aftertouch wheel work?
When I select the filter frequency and move the AT wheel with the mouse, nothing happens...

e-crooner wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:54 pm How does the Aftertouch wheel work?
When I select the filter frequency and move the AT wheel with the mouse, nothing happens...
You still need to transmit aftertouch messages for it to respond. But assuming you are, it acts as an Aftertouch depth parameter. So you set LFO1 to modulate pitch for example, then use the Aftertouch wheel assigned to LFO1...when you send it Aftertouch messages, you'll hear the modulation.

e-phonic wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:23 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:31 am Some additional suggestions:
Thanks! :tu:
One more workflow suggestion/feature request: hold Alt while turning the OSC frequency snaps to semi-tones. Would just make dialing intervals with the mouse much faster.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:13 am One more workflow suggestion/feature request: hold Alt while turning the OSC frequency snaps to semi-tones. Would just make dialing intervals with the mouse much faster.
Agree, this would be better. However, I'm running in to an issue with this.

Currently this parameter has an exponential response curve. I'll have to change it to linear to make the stepped response possible, but... I made a stupid mistake with the way I store presets that would cause incompatibility with old songs & presets.

I think it's better to change this now while it's still in beta. But, it will take some time to fix and, like I mentioned, cause incompatibility.

I will keep the current version of the plugin available after the update, so any songs made with this version can still be loaded in the future.

Or you could split the frequency control into a semitone and a fine tune control... I never liked the integrated ones, Diva has them too if I remember correctly.

e-crooner wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:14 pm Or you could split the frequency control into a semitone and a fine tune control... I never liked the integrated ones, Diva has them too if I remember correctly.
Separate Coarse and Fine Tune knobs are always my preference, but wouldn't be if one knob was always hidden (e.g. a new knob would need to be added, wouldn't want to have to switch the existing Freq knob between coarse and fine tune modes).

e-crooner wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:27 pm
Everglide wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:14 pm Loving the diff delay, creates a beautiful pocket for the sound. The presets are fab. Congrats on an amazing release.
I noticed that one can use it as a kind of chorus, too.
To do so I used the Diff Delay with the tempo sync symbol lit, and with these slider settings from left to right:
min, 50%, 75%, max, 50%.
Diff. Delay, Chorus, pseudo Reverb… so good. I would love to have the Delay as separate effects plugin. Run other synths into, one can dream :D

Working on the parameter update... takes a bit more time than expected, as always :-)
I'm currently writing some code to keep all saved patches from 1.0.3 compatible with the new version. The good news is that this seems to work properly so far.
Saved songs will not be compatible unfortunately. In the worst case you will need to save the patches used with v1.0.3 and load them again in v1.0.4. So, no work will be lost.

Hi, E-phonic
Did you consider the addition of a BandPass filter (in one of the LPF, so we would have the choice between LPF or BPF)?

sinkmusic wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:02 am Hi, E-phonic
Did you consider the addition of a BandPass filter (in one of the LPF, so we would have the choice between LPF or BPF)?
Definitely considered, and I might add it in the future.
After the next release it will be easier to add new features again.

Amazing, thank you!

Return to “Instruments”