New T-RackS Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Comprexxor

fceramic wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:30 pm It's such a shame that their customer service is terrible, their plugins crash regularly and the software installation is ridiculous, cause I really like how their stuff sounds. Hope they will improve.
No crashes on my end. For installation I use a virtual machine and then extract the individual dlls I need from that and then use the IK utility to activate them on my main machine.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:56 am
fceramic wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:30 pm It's such a shame that their customer service is terrible, their plugins crash regularly and the software installation is ridiculous, cause I really like how their stuff sounds. Hope they will improve.
No crashes on my end. For installation I use a virtual machine and then extract the individual dlls I need from that and then use the IK utility to activate them on my main machine.
thats an interesting idea. until they kill support for their old IKM utility and make you use the new Product Manager exclusively.

My favorite thing about that new product manager is that it allows you to install products to demo. But there is no functionality built in to uninstall the demo from your system if you don't like it. It's a big, buy it now and f**k you -- figure out how to remove it yourself you sucker! The Product Manager reveals a lot about who IKM really is as a company. They make NI and Arturia seem like class acts in this business.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:39 am I expect a lot of bashing from Distressor users.
Of course, anyone who paid $1500 for the hardware unit is never going to admit a $99 plugin sounds just as good or better even if it does.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:43 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:39 am I expect a lot of bashing from Distressor users.
Of course, anyone who paid $1500 for the hardware unit is never going to admit a $99 plugin sounds just as good or better even if it does.
I'm waiting more for the software vs software war, so against Sknote, Eli and Softube emulations :)
But somehow it's a very quiet release. No hype, no bashing, no first impressions besides the one in this topic. I expected a hot topic for Distressor emulation. Maybe if it was Waves or especially PA, it wouldn't be that quiet ;)

It is odd that IK has been quiet so far. Maybe it's because they still have the TRacks sale going on now.

I've got so many other compressors several of which are TRacks I'm not sure I'll go through the effort to demo this one. I'm sure it will require an update either to the Custom Shop, TRacks or both maybe even the Product Manager.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You’ve got UAD, Slate, Empirical Labs, SKNote, and Kush all with their own Distressor emulations. Most of those having been licensed. So with IK coming out late with an unlicensed version that doesn’t look like the hardware, it isn’t too surprising to me there isn’t more hubbub. Dave Derr has a trademark on the big white knobs and seems very protective of his IP. That could also be playing a factor on the low key release. Maybe they couldn’t come to an agreement.

pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:39 am Interesting... IKM didn't post about this plugin on Gearslutz. Somebody else did, unofficially. I expect a lot of bashing from Distressor users.
Gearspace posts new product threads themselves when they receive the PR. That's been the way for a long while. Nothing shocking there.

And about being quiet? I posted Comprexxor to the KVR database last night before the official release this morning and the news was posted in the admin area for approval yesterday as well. It should be published by now as I chose a time that was near the official PR release.

As for responding to snap judgments here so far, this isn't my first stop of the day and I agree with the sentiment that it is available to demo so people can come to a conclusion vs the opinion of others to see if they agree or disagree at this early point.

It's even better for the Weiss that's an actual codeport.
https://reverb.com/item/34248055-weiss- ... 2016-white
The difference between the hardware and the plugin is that the hardware have is own DSP that is used fully for process the sound, the plugin use the computer processor that, as you know, make a lot of operation at the same time and this make the plugin not detailed as the hardware.

Yes if you pay $6900 or whatever that guy paid for the hardware unit you're never going to admit the plugin sounds as good. Especially when you're trying to sucker errr I mean convince someone to buy your hardware unit. :hihi:

I like this part..... "the plugin use the computer processor that, as you know, make a lot of operation at the same time and this make the plugin not detailed as the hardware". :lol:

Ploki wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:21 pm
It's even better for the Weiss that's an actual codeport.
https://reverb.com/item/34248055-weiss- ... 2016-white
The difference between the hardware and the plugin is that the hardware have is own DSP that is used fully for process the sound, the plugin use the computer processor that, as you know, make a lot of operation at the same time and this make the plugin not detailed as the hardware.
I didn't read GS topic about Weiss but I got the impression from comments here and there that Softube/Weiss plugins are considered as great sounding. Not game changers because it's not PA ;) but still, they have good opinions.

pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:41 pm
I didn't read GS topic about Weiss but I got the impression from comments here and there that Softube/Weiss plugins are considered as great sounding. Not game changers because it's not PA ;) but still, they have good opinions.
Yeah - but there's still a few oddballs that insist digtal hardware sounds better. mostly saw it in Mastering groups tho.
Someone argued that it sounds different because it's different architecture.
I then asked if i can expect different sound on Apple ARM architecture and they blocked me.
But then again, there was a guy on GS that argued that Apple M1 does sum better in protools (Via rosetta no less)

I love people

Ploki wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:52 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:41 pm
Yeah - but there's still a few oddballs that insist digtal hardware sounds better. mostly saw it in Mastering groups tho.
Someone argued that it sounds different because it's different architecture.
I then asked if i can expect different sound on Apple ARM architecture and they blocked me.
But then again, there was a guy on GS that argued that Apple M1 does sum better in protools (Via rosetta no less)

I love people
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But the world is more colorful thanks to people like that :)
The only thing that eventually could be different, would be oversampling. Let's say hardware has x16 OS while plugin has none or x2 - then it's possible that there will be some/huge/tiny difference.

Nothing better than the feeling of being blocked for pointing out stupidity ;)

Better summing with M1 - this is great. I couldn't make this up myself :lol:

Sorry I did forget to address one thing from earlier in the thread, though. There was a video posted which was made before IK Product Manager and is talking about Total Studio 2 MAX so those concerns have been addressed.

Which, by the way, if you do have that you can get Total Studio 3 MAX for quite a deal, and note that we've added T-RackS Comprexxor to Total Studio 3 MAX for a limited time.
All current Total Studio 3 MAX users and those who purchase Total Studio 3 MAX before June 30, 2021 will receive a free copy of T-RackS Comprexxor.

Teksonik wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:16 pm I've got so many other compressors several of which are TRacks I'm not sure I'll go through the effort to demo this one. I'm sure it will require an update either to the Custom Shop, TRacks or both maybe even the Product Manager.
If you use the Tape Machines, the release notes for T-RackS 5.5.0 list a fix for the channel distortion bug with the A80 model.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:05 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:16 pm I've got so many other compressors several of which are TRacks I'm not sure I'll go through the effort to demo this one. I'm sure it will require an update either to the Custom Shop, TRacks or both maybe even the Product Manager.
If you use the Tape Machines, the release notes for T-RackS 5.5.0 list a fix for the channel distortion bug with the A80 model.
Thanks but I don't use tape machines.

Return to “Effects”