Sonic Academy ANA 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

Question too hard or ?
Teksonik wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:41 pm Ummmm......
Teksonik wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:25 am I notice the Wavetables I've created using DUNE 3 do not work properly in ANA 2. When morphing through the WTs ANA steps through each position rather than smoothly interpolating between the waves.

Those WTs work just fine in Hive 2, Vital and of course DUNE 3 and can be swept smoothly.

Here's a test WT with only 4 slots to keep it simple.

Test WT 051421-1.zip

Am I missing some Interpolation parameter ? I didn't see one in the manual.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:27 am Question too hard or ?
Teksonik wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:25 am I notice the Wavetables I've created using DUNE 3 do not work properly in ANA 2. When morphing through the WTs ANA steps through each position rather than smoothly interpolating between the waves.

Those WTs work just fine in Hive 2, Vital and of course DUNE 3 and can be swept smoothly.

Test WT 051421-1.zip

I will look at that file when I’m in my studio… can’t open zips on my phone.

I suspect that there’s no interpolation baked into that file. ANA doesn’t do interpolation so they need to be complete wavetables.

What would be considered a "complete" wavetable ? Like I said those WTs work just fine in other WT synths.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:24 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:27 am Question too hard or ?

Test WT 051421-1.zip

I will look at that file when I’m in my studio… can’t open zips on my phone.

I suspect that there’s no interpolation baked into that file. ANA doesn’t do interpolation so they need to be complete wavetables.
And my issue about the lost favourites which I reported from two versions before and still happens in this version?
rsp
sound sculptist

A complete wavetable for Ana contains all 256 frames in the file.

Other synths you don’t need all the frames as they have built in interpolation.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:04 pm A complete wavetable for Ana contains all 256 frames in the file.

Other synths you don’t need all the frames as they have built in interpolation.
Ok thank you that answers my question. I'll remember that when creating WTs for ANA 2.

Would Sonic Academy Node be able to take the various waves that Teksonik has and provide the interpolation and output the full 256 frames?
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:10 pm Would Sonic Academy Node be able to take the various waves that Teksonik has and provide the interpolation and output the full 256 frames?
No… but defo a good idea to add it.

I’ll chat with the guys and see if we can add it.

This issue with the presets being messed up is really annoying. The presets are different all the time. Seems like the filters are messing things up, but not as simple as just a cutoff being low or something. Changing the filter types often make it audible, but not as the preset was intended. And closing and opening again and then going to that preset sounds normal again and all the settings are the same. An then other presets will be messed up. I can't find anything predictable or figure a common thing that is messed up. No midi signal or parameters being unintentionally out of place that I can see.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:04 am This issue with the presets being messed up is really annoying. The presets are different all the time. Seems like the filters are messing things up, but not as simple as just a cutoff being low or something. Changing the filter types often make it audible, but not as the preset was intended. And closing and opening again and then going to that preset sounds normal again and all the settings are the same. An then other presets will be messed up. I can't find anything predictable or figure a common thing that is messed up. No midi signal or parameters being unintentionally out of place that I can see.
Yeah its a really weird one...

would you be up for a screenshare so i can have a look and see if i can spot anything?

surreal wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:18 pm
Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:59 pm Nice one! Glad you are digging it. We have good trance heritage at Sonic Academy with me (Coast 2 Coast) Chris (Agnelli and Nelson) and Nate (who also works at KVR now) as Protoculture and Shadow Chronicles.

I always had trance as a major pillar when designing ANA 2. We spent a lot of time on make a really good super saw with minimal phasing.

Let me know if there are any psy sounds you are struggling to create and I can have a go for you
Hi Phil! I would like you please to help me with the main sounds of astrix beyond the senses and also binary finary.. the 1999 kaycee version.. it is on YouTube. .. I am also lookimg for those classic vox stabs of the trance era like in binary finary and Sunbeam Outside world.. if you could guide in in the making of those sounds that would be awesome if you can please?
Hi Phil sorry to bother you, I just wanted to hear if you will have time to check these requests omce you have sorted out the niggles presently in Ana2

Kind Regards

surreal wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:34 am
surreal wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:18 pm
Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:59 pm Nice one! Glad you are digging it. We have good trance heritage at Sonic Academy with me (Coast 2 Coast) Chris (Agnelli and Nelson) and Nate (who also works at KVR now) as Protoculture and Shadow Chronicles.

I always had trance as a major pillar when designing ANA 2. We spent a lot of time on make a really good super saw with minimal phasing.

Let me know if there are any psy sounds you are struggling to create and I can have a go for you
Hi Phil! I would like you please to help me with the main sounds of astrix beyond the senses and also binary finary.. the 1999 kaycee version.. it is on YouTube. .. I am also lookimg for those classic vox stabs of the trance era like in binary finary and Sunbeam Outside world.. if you could guide in in the making of those sounds that would be awesome if you can please?
Hi Phil sorry to bother you, I just wanted to hear if you will have time to check these requests omce you have sorted out the niggles presently in Ana2

Kind Regards
If you could link me youtube videos with time stamps of the sounds it would be easier to pick out which sounds you are interested in and i will see if i can make them.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:10 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:04 am This issue with the presets being messed up is really annoying. The presets are different all the time. Seems like the filters are messing things up, but not as simple as just a cutoff being low or something. Changing the filter types often make it audible, but not as the preset was intended. And closing and opening again and then going to that preset sounds normal again and all the settings are the same. An then other presets will be messed up. I can't find anything predictable or figure a common thing that is messed up. No midi signal or parameters being unintentionally out of place that I can see.
Yeah its a really weird one...

would you be up for a screenshare so i can have a look and see if i can spot anything?
Happy to. PM me and we can work out a time.
Cheers

Am I writing in invisible ink?
Do others see my posts here? :)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:55 pm Am I writing in invisible ink?
Do others see my posts here? :)
rsp
I don't think the internet runs on ink, pal.

Return to “Instruments”