2021 - Favorite Drum Software?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I use (Melda) MDrummer. With the (free, 2020) Drum Empire expansion it covers every possible scenario in really high quality. Like most Melda Plugins, the amount of tweakability can be overwhelming at first, but worth the effort and is consistent within the plugin range. If picked up on sale, with a discount code, you can get it really cheap for what it does (bonus: file based license and free updates for life! :O).

It took me a while to get along with the rhythm generator/player, but it's really slick once you understand the structure.

Just an update to say that if anyone is looking at MDrummer, it's on 50% sale now, and you can stack it with another 20% discount by using referral codes (for first time purchases from Melda). You should be able to find a referral code by googling "melda discount".

https://www.meldaproduction.com/

for real drum i uses
SSD 5
AD2
Kontakt One Kit Wonder series
and PRISM POP for any other genres

I just picked up AudioThing's SR-88 and that got me a discount price on Latin Percussion. Some really cool lofi sounds. I really like AudioThing's random generator functions.

Check out my rambling post here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=564486&start=15

microtonic, battery, kontakt, jamstix, avenger, icarus2

I’ve got a bunch that I use...

Maschine. I’ll go to this when I’m live improvising an entire track from scratch. It’s ability to host VSTs and give them knobby interfaces is awesome.

Drumcomputer. It’s great for weird stuff and I love it’s randomization abilities.

JamStix. If I just feel like turning on my computer and jamming, JamStix is great. Throw a style and drummer together with a core rhythm I made up and adjust until I hear something cool and just go.

MDrummer. I’ve not used it in a while, but it used to be one of my main go-tos. Super flexible.

Microtonic. An oldie, but a goodie. I still love it’s reimagined TR sound.

Analog RYTM. OK, not a plugin, but the way I use it with Overbridge it seems like it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

mixyguy2 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:45 am viewtopic.php?f=1&t=564486
Sure but he wants to make acoustic drums and I stated in the OP that I make house..so, no.

Anyway to update, I have demoed a bunch of stuff. One sure winner has been XLN XO. Wow, this is a monster in so many ways. It kind of makes an MPC feel dated..lol. Amazing feel out of it as well, in fact this feels better than any hardware machine I have owned. Really love that you can slide around different samples in a pattern.Crazy fast way to make a bunch of differernt variations.

Rendering and then dragging audio into ableton's session mode almost feels like cheating, it's so easy to make a beat, add fills and change the drum sound to a similar but different sample. Just incredible.

CrystalWizard wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:58 pm i use Microtonic, Battery 3, Stylus RMX (often with 3rd party samples), Tremor and Reaktor. Yep all old.
Oh, I still dig into Reaktor from time to time. I love Newscool.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I'm trying to add FL Studio as a "super" beat maker to my setup.
I have installed both the Rewire and VSTi versions, but only tested the VSTi version (not multi).

I don't know how practical is such setup as I haven't seen many use it this way. Most users are using it as a standalone DAW only.

O yeah, i forgot jamstix. I like to feed the midi from jamstix to Battery 3
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

XO with my massive sample library! :)

acYm wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:57 pm can't wait for Nerve 2
Nerve is so good. in a normal world, Nerve would have Serum's popularity and vice versa.
Nerve 2 is cancelled sadly :( I also really love it. Such a great plugin.

Still Geist. And then superior Drummer.

Return to “Instruments”