Creating Clips in Timeline

Official support for: raxntrax.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With most DAWs, it's fairly straightforward to create clips or pattern blocks for the timeline. With RaXnTraX 1 and 2, however, I can't seem to create an empty pattern/clip/block for the timeline. I can make a pattern with the keyboard, but I'm more of a step-sequencer person.

Also, the mono and poly units are kind of confusing. I try to get them to work, but making them make the sounds I want is like pulling teeth. What am I doing wrong?

DollyNipples wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:17 am With most DAWs, it's fairly straightforward to create clips or pattern blocks for the timeline. With RaXnTraX 1 and 2, however, I can't seem to create an empty pattern/clip/block for the timeline. I can make a pattern with the keyboard, but I'm more of a step-sequencer person.
Well, RnT2 isn't "most DAW's". :ud:
You can't create empty clips.
DollyNipples wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:17 am Also, the mono and poly units are kind of confusing. I try to get them to work, but making them make the sounds I want is like pulling teeth. What am I doing wrong
Is this a rhetorical question?
I want to sound like BACH but I end up like ABBA... :phones:

I see. Thank you for clearing up that first part. What I mean is, I don't know exactly how to work those mono and poly units. I've tried following the instructions, but I still get lost. And do I need to record the mono/poly units just to put them on the timeline? RnT is one extremely interesting DAW, from your explanation.

Also, ABBA is one of my favourite classic Europop groups. You've got good taste if you like ABBA.

DollyNipples wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:40 am What I mean is, I don't know exactly how to work those mono and poly units
RnT2 is all about experimenting!
P.e. In the "Mono" you have 4 rows.
Row-1=Time
Rox-2=Note
Row-3=Velocity
Row-4=Duration
So, dial in some values, left-Click on the leds to set begin of loop, right-click to send end of loop.
Think PolyRhytms...
DollyNipples wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:40 am And do I need to record the mono/poly units just to put them on the timeline?
Drag "Enable" or "Mute" of "Fade" from the "Mono" to the timeline by holding [CTRL]
DollyNipples wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:40 am You've got good taste if you like ABBA.
Still prefer BACH though :wink:

Very interesting. Still a wonky setup, though it is unique. Is it supposed to be like having an actual workspace filled with sequencers and FX units with blinky lights?

And is row 4 duration of note or duration of measure? I just feel so awkward in that program sometimes lol.

I guess I'm more of a Buzz/MOD tracker and sampler person. Still, RnT is a unique program. Maybe I can figure it out now that you've given me some help. Thanks!

Edit: WOW! It's working! Thanks for the help! Been trying to get that thing to do what I wanted it to do, and the features of those step-sequencers are very cool! It's like a cross between MPT, Buzz, and Tuareg!

Return to “RaXnTraX”