Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

To me probably the coolest thing about Phase Plant is the polyphony option for any and all fx.

SirKen wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:01 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:02 pm
SirKen wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:59 pm Anyone has a spare redemption code for Slice EQ? I have been trying to get it from Computer Music since yesterday to no avail.

I got mine form CM, I seem to remember you log in to your user area to get it (where they post the magware), they didn't send it you. Unlikely people have free spares, they are quite valuable and sell quickly!

Yes, I went through the process and received my Carve EQ immediately. Still waiting for the Slice EQ though.

Ignore what i said, found it.

I have a couple of questions regarding upgrades and license transfer:

1. If I have a snapin that's part of a bundle to which I can upgrade, does the upgrade revoke that individual license and I am given the full version of that bundle? Or is the bundle license considered an "upgrade"?

2. If I were to upgrade as mentioned in #1, how does license transfer work?

Any help is appreciated.

As far as I know your Kilohearts account has no concept of you owning a bundle. You buy the bundle and receive any individual licenses you don't already own in your account. Licenses are always transferred individually (I got most of my Khs stuff from somebody who bought the multipass + all snapins EDM bundle way back when and they had to do like 20 transfers to get it all to me). The price for bundle "upgrades" are just calculated based on your owned individual licenses rather than any previous bundle purchases you've made.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:53 pm As far as I know your Kilohearts account has no concept of you owning a bundle. You buy the bundle and receive any individual licenses you don't already own in your account. Licenses are always transferred individually (I got most of my Khs stuff from somebody who bought the multipass + all snapins EDM bundle way back when and they had to do like 20 transfers to get it all to me). The price for bundle "upgrades" are just calculated based on your owned individual licenses rather than any previous bundle purchases you've made.
Okay, thanks so much. Makes sense and looks likely the case looking at the way their licenses are laid out in the account. Good to know that licenses obtained as a bundle can be transferred individually.

AFAIK it's not possible to have more than one license of the same plugin / snapin in your account. Please correct me.

At least you cannot buy a license you already own. I did purchase a snapin at some point and then I think I "lost" that license when purchasing a bundle, even though it wasn't an upgrade. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I didn't care enough to look into it further. The concept of having individual licenses is pretty nice though..

martinjuenke wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:46 pm AFAIK it's not possible to have more than one license of the same plugin / snapin in your account. Please correct me.
Yes, I think this is true based on a related FAQ I read on their website. So, I think the bundle upgrade should just add individual missing licenses to the account.

For example: If I have the Dynamics snapin and upgrade to Phase Plant + Toolbox Starter, it should add all the plugins (individual licenses) from that bundle except the Dynamics snapin.

I hope my understanding is correct.

One of the tings I liked most about the way Kilohearts work is the bundle price gets cheaper every time you acquire a snap (new, magazine ware, second hand licence, whatever)- the prices shown is always unique to you and what you already own (pay attention IK Multimedia and others, this is how its done!)

...this is how I ended up with the ultimate bundle :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:15 pm One of the tings I liked most about the way Kilohearts work is the bundle price gets cheaper every time you acquire a snap (new, magazine ware, second hand licence, whatever)- the prices shown is always unique to you and what you already own (pay attention IK Multimedia and others, this is how its done!)

Yeah, that's appreciable of them.

By the way, do you know if I upgrade to Phase Plant + Toolbox Professional through a couple of my existing snapins I will get all the missing products added to my account as an individual license instead of a bundle/upgrade license?

As per what Greenstorm33 mentioned above it seems so, but if you can confirm based on your knowledge that would be great.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:53 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:15 pm One of the tings I liked most about the way Kilohearts work is the bundle price gets cheaper every time you acquire a snap (new, magazine ware, second hand licence, whatever)- the prices shown is always unique to you and what you already own (pay attention IK Multimedia and others, this is how its done!)

By the way, do you know if I upgrade to Phase Plant + Toolbox Professional through a couple of my existing snapins I will get all the missing products added to my account as an individual license instead of a bundle/upgrade license?

As per what Greenstorm33 mentioned above it seems so, but if you can confirm based on your knowledge that would be great.
Yes, that's the way it goes.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:57 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:53 pm

Yes, that's the way it goes.
Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation.

Are there any news about a beta or whatever for Apple Silicon native?

EnGee wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:11 am Are there any news about a beta or whatever for Apple Silicon native?
^^^ This

I would love a smooth function on LFOs, for working with steps. I'm getting clicks a lot.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Instruments”