Fuse Audio Labs releases the FREE VREV-666 Spring Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VREV-666 free Vintage Spring Reverb

Thank you. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

sjm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:08 pm I got the invalid token thing too, and I could neither log in at that point, nor would I receive another email if I resubmitted my data.

And then, 3 minutes later, I was able to log in. So maybe there's a delay between the server receiving the confirmation and the account actually being accessible.

I would suggest some sort of alternative message if you resubmit the same data to create another account (hoping for an email with a link that works). The default states that you will receive an email, which is misleading (none is sent). "An account with the same information already exists" or something along those lines. Possibly with a note that it may take a few minutes after following the confirmation link for the account to be available for log in. I'd also suggest that you add something to the email to make it clear that you might need to just be patient for a minute or two after clicking the link, if the issue isn't an easy 3 minute fix.
Thanks for the comments, sjm. We're always open to suggestions on how the sign up / log in workflow could be improved, because that portion of the UX is really critical to drawing in new users or potential customers. Most of the time it's like, "well, it doesn't work on the first attempt, so I'll just give up and move on".

Regarding the wording of the error messages: I get your point, but this has to do with security/GDPR related issues, e.g. you don't want an attacker to implicitly gather information about who's registered and who isn't. So there's a tradeoff between using an easy to understand wording that discloses information about a potential user of the service and a more obscure one which still gets the point accross, but which doesn't do so.

Most of the time sign up issues are due to ISP/email providers' strict blocking rules, so the account confirmation link doesn't come through. We have taken the neccessary measures to make sure our transactional email server isn't black-listed, but unfortunately there's still a significant amount of cases in which the account confirmation email doesn't make it and in which case the account must be activated manually by us.

Thanks for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience.

Everyone who's still having issues, signing up or loggin in, please read the following FAQ and get in touch via the support form

fuseaudiolabs wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:01 pm Thanks for the comments, sjm.

Regarding the wording of the error messages: I get your point, but this has to do with security/GDPR related issues, e.g. you don't want an attacker to implicitly gather information about who's registered and who isn't.
Fair enough.
fuseaudiolabs wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:01 pm
Most of the time sign up issues are due to ISP/email providers' strict blocking rules, so the account confirmation link doesn't come through. We have taken the neccessary measures to make sure our transactional email server isn't black-listed, but unfortunately there's still a significant amount of cases in which the account confirmation email doesn't make it.
Just in case it wasn't clear, the email came through fine (the first time), it was the confirmation link that didn't seem to work. It was only subsequent attempts to sign up that resulted in no email being sent (presumably because the account had already been validated at your end).

At any rate, you could still add a little something to the email about it sometimes taking a few minutes for the account to be available after clicking the link, even if you don't want to change the sign-up message.

I think I have a problem with the GUI on Windows 10. Half of the GUI image disappeared after closing and opening the VST3 GUI. No doubt a OpelGL problem with my system. I get these errors sometimes with Softube and Plugin Alliance as well, so I don't think it has anything to do with FAL. Might try installing the VST2 version later on. That will probably work as expected.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:08 pm I think I have a problem with the GUI on Windows 10. Half of the GUI image disappeared after closing and opening the VST3 GUI. No doubt a OpelGL problem with my system. I get these errors sometimes with Softube and Plugin Alliance as well, so I don't think it has anything to do with FAL. Might try installing the VST2 version later on. That will probably work as expected.
If you're using Ableton Live, yes, this is a known issue and either sticking to the 100% scaling or using VST2 should fix that as a workaround.

Best,
Ray
Last edited by fuseaudiolabs on Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Ray. Good to know it's an Ableton problem. :tu:

sjm wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:06 pm Just in case it wasn't clear, the email came through fine (the first time), it was the confirmation link that didn't seem to work. It was only subsequent attempts to sign up that resulted in no email being sent (presumably because the account had already been validated at your end).

At any rate, you could still add a little something to the email about it sometimes taking a few minutes for the account to be available after clicking the link, even if you don't want to change the sign-up message.
Gotcha. I'll try to improve the wording here.

I was trying to make a general case and provide helpful information for others who encounter issues during the sign up process :wink:

Thanks for this! I have a real spring tank that I can run stuff through but I don't recall seeing a nice quality spring reverb plugin like this for free.

P.S. You may want to revisit the last part of your FAQ now that you require an account to download the free plugins. Not complaining, as I'm tempted to pick up the TCS-68. Only thing that's holding me back is wondering if it could end up getting as little use as my other channel strips.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:34 pm Thanks for this! I have a real spring tank that I can run stuff through but I don't recall seeing a nice quality spring reverb plugin like this for free.

P.S. You may want to revisit the last part of your FAQ now that you require an account to download the free plugins. Not complaining, as I'm tempted to pick up the TCS-68. Only thing that's holding me back is wondering if it could end up getting as little use as my other channel strips.
Thanks for the heads-up, updated. :tu:

Nice, can't wait to try it out. Is this possibly the little brother of a soon-to-be-released bigger plugin?

fuseaudiolabs wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:52 pm That's a Logic feature, so it's not a part of the plugin, Sorry.
ah ok, thanks.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

When new plugins come out, often many will report high CPU load issues. I never have these problems. But with VREV-666 it causes my audio to break-up like it would with high CPU load. Odd. 2010 macpro 12core 3GHz macPOS10.13 Reaper 6.

666 sounds like a cross between a plate and a spring. Nice! I like the effects limiter too.

plexuss wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:44 pm When new plugins come out, often many will report high CPU load issues. I never have these problems. But with VREV-666 it causes my audio to break-up like it would with high CPU load. Odd. 2010 macpro 12core 3GHz macPOS10.13 Reaper 6.

666 sounds like a cross between a plate and a spring. Nice! I like the effects limiter too.
Yep, the CPU load is fairly high on this one, which is a trait that some algorithmic reverbs have in common. We tried to optimize the load as much as we could using SSE/NEON intrinsic wrappers, but it still takes up about 8% per stereo instance on my quad core i7.

Hope that helps and glad you’re digging the sonic properties.

Best,
Ray

ariston wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:39 pm Nice, can't wait to try it out. Is this possibly the little brother of a soon-to-be-released bigger plugin?
No intention of releasing something full blown anytime soon, sorry.

fuseaudiolabs wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:49 am
ariston wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:39 pm Nice, can't wait to try it out. Is this possibly the little brother of a soon-to-be-released bigger plugin?
No intention of releasing something full blown anytime soon, sorry.
Ah okay, that's fine, thanks for the excellent freebie! It sounds positively ancient, I paired it with a Novachord and it was a perfect fit! Also good for some Dead-Man-Soundtrack guitar playing. :tu: Certainly not for every source, but a welcome addition to the palette.

Return to “Effects”