Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:44 am Does Steinberg allow license transfer of products that are not on a hardware/USB dongle? I have Padshop 2 (and an Expansion) and Retrologue 2 in my account (soft e-licenser) that I am thinking to sell. If yes, what's the process? Thank you.
Seems you can but need to transfer items via empty hardware/USB dongle(s).

Exact info: How to resell Steinberg software (Resale Wizard)

Etienne1973 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:05 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:44 am Does Steinberg allow license transfer of products that are not on a hardware/USB dongle? I have Padshop 2 (and an Expansion) and Retrologue 2 in my account (soft e-licenser) that I am thinking to sell. If yes, what's the process? Thank you.
Seems you can but need to transfer items via empty hardware/USB dongle(s).

Exact info: How to resell Steinberg software (Resale Wizard)
Oh, well. I will forget about reselling them then. Thanks a lot for the information. I sent a request to Steinberg a moment ago, so in case I get a different suggestion, I will post it here.

Otherwise, the steps are as follows for my case, which I think will be a good reference for everyone:
Resale Wizard for Steinberg Software
Done! You've provided all information that is relevant for reselling your product.

Your information
You are planning to sell Steinberg software that

already has been registered with a MySteinberg accounthttp://www.steinberg.de/mysteinberg
is copy protected by a Soft-eLicenser.
The Soft-eLicenser contains further licenses in addition to the license you are planning to sell.
If you want to correct information please click on the "Back" button of your browser.

Required steps before selling
At first it is necessary to separate the license of the program you are planning to sell from the other license(s) stored in the Soft-eLicenser. For this purpose the eLicenser Control Center is providing the possibility to transfer licenses from Soft-eLicenser to USB-eLicenser.

You can get empty USB-eLicensers from any Steinberg dealer. Within most European countries USB-eLicensers are also available in our online shop. If you are not resident in the scope of the online shop please contact your local distributor.

For each license you want to sell separately you'll need one USB-eLicenser. These are the necessary steps in detail:

Install the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center on the computer on which you've installed the software you are planning to sell.
Connect an USB-eLicenser to the computer.
Open the eLicenser Control Center (Windows: Start > Programs > eLicenser, Mac: Applications).
Th eLicenser Control Center will now list the Soft-eLicenser (hard disk symbol) with all licenses and the connected USB-eLicenser.
Click on the license you want to sell to grab it and drag it to the entry of the USB-eLicenser while holding down the mouse button.
Release the mouse button to start the license transfer.
Once the transfer is completed you can sell the program together with the license on the USB-eLicenser. The new owner can register the USB-eLicenser in his own MySteinberg account.
Of course, a license can also be transferred directly to an USB-eLicenser provided by the buyer.

In both cases it is not necessary to inform the Steinberg support team. The registration in your MySteinberg account will be updated automatically.

Recommended scope of supply
A complete offer should include:

Installation Media
If you want to sell a boxed version, make sure to include the original installation disk(s) (CD, DVD).
If you want to sell a product you've received as download (for example, via Download Access Code or by purchasing online), you need to provide the buyer with a backup of the installation file on CD, DVD or, for example, on a USB flash drive.
In case you don't have a CD, DVD or a downloaded installer, please contact our support team before offering the product for sale.
Important: unregistered USB-eLicenser holding the corresponding license!
manual(s)
original box

Sugar Bytes allows license transfers with a fee of $9, is that correct? Does license become NFR on transfer?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:03 am Sugar Bytes allows license transfers with a fee of $9, is that correct? Does license become NFR on transfer?
For new registered products, they allow reselling your activated licence after 10 weeks for the transfer fee mentioned. The licence does not become NFR after transfer, but it's likely the same 10-week rule applies. I bought a licence "second hand" myself and sold it again a year later without problems paying the transfer fee. Hope it helps. :)

ttb wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:12 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:03 am Sugar Bytes allows license transfers with a fee of $9, is that correct? Does license become NFR on transfer?
For new registered products, they allow reselling your activated licence after 10 weeks for the transfer fee mentioned. The licence does not become NFR after transfer, but it's likely the same 10-week rule applies. I bought a licence "second hand" myself and sold it again a year later without problems paying the transfer fee. Hope it helps. :)
Helpful indeed. Thanks for the information. :)

So, to summarize for Sugar Bytes: 10-week holding period | $9 transfer fee | No NFR

As their FAQ says nothing about this point, I asked to Pitch Innovations (Fluid Pitch) about their license transfer policy:

"Also, as of now, the licenses of our products are not transferable."

Could someone let me know the process for transferring a Cherry Audio product license? Thanks

ghostwhistler wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:04 pm Could someone let me know the process for transferring a Cherry Audio product license? Thanks
This is the reply from one of their customer support.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

We can make the transfer for you. Send the order number of what we are transferring and the email address of the user it will go to. The first transfer is complimentary and all future transfers are $10.
Sincerely,
Lois
Roots, Rock, Reggae

jcolle wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:53 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:04 pm Could someone let me know the process for transferring a Cherry Audio product license? Thanks
This is the reply from one of their customer support.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

We can make the transfer for you. Send the order number of what we are transferring and the email address of the user it will go to. The first transfer is complimentary and all future transfers are $10.
Sincerely,
Lois
Thank you, to be clear, you mean the confirmation number yes?

Thank you, to be clear, you mean the confirmation number yes?
I'm not Cherry Audio Customer Support.
Yes it is a confirmation number.
Roots, Rock, Reggae

I don't know if this is already been mentioned, but IK requires a 90-days period after buy before resell.

ciochi wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:06 pm I don't know if this is already been mentioned, but IK requires a 90-days period after buy before resell.
And apparently any transferred licenses become NFR.

It is impossible to understand what the IK reps say in this thread but that in itself should warn any potential buyers.

viewtopic.php?p=8136345
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:59 pm
ciochi wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:06 pm I don't know if this is already been mentioned, but IK requires a 90-days period after buy before resell.
And apparently any transferred licenses become NFR.

It is impossible to understand what the IK reps say in this thread but that in itself should warn any potential buyers.

viewtopic.php?p=8136345
Yeah, I find out that the hard way. I bought 2nd hand miroslav 2 and it's nfr.

fairlyclose wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:10 am They said to me they were no longer allowing transfers for products purchased after the terms changed. I thought that fair, if you bought under the old system you had the old system rules, if you bought since the rules changed you had the new rules. I would email them and ask the case for your situation
I recently enquired and got the same response. A nominal transfer fee of $5 should be implemented.
Due to misuse of our initial terms, we had to revise our licensing terms in 2019 – all licenses are now personal and non-exclusive, non-transferrable and non-sublicensable.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

A link to Knobcloud's database of developer transfer fees. (License Transfer Policies)
https://www.knobcloud.com/developer-database.php
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”