Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:07 am
Which one is based on Plaits?
Rulos;

https://gumroad.com/delirios?recommende ... out#dAkqMj

EDIT: there seem ports for Plaits, Tides, Elements, a variant of clouds, Rings. and others.

live 10.0.5b5 is here, a beta, but also the Release Canditate, which means it will be available soon, as a stable (hopefully...) release/update;

overview;

https://www.ableton.com/de/release-notes/live-11-beta/

antic604 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:22 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:04 am...although if I could have anything from Reason it would be the pitch correction and quantise...editing audio like midi.
Indeed, it's pretty special! The quality of the algorithm easily rivals Melodyne and the workflow & integration are way ahead of e.g. Studio One where it feels "tacked on".

I really hope Bitwig & Live go the Reason route, especially if they'd try to extend it with some creative features like they usually do in their devices & workflow.
Yes, quantise to scales, probability, ratcheting and expression control on audio...so many possibilities. I also think Reason is a great implementation, I have Melodyne Studio but Reason is far easier to use and really feels familiar on first use which is the sign of a good design! I have never actually liked using Melodyne in S1 or stand alone, weird looking beast, but good results (eventually!) and far better than no integrated pitch correction!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

WasteLand wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:29 am
Rulos;

EDIT: there seem ports for Plaits, Tides, Elements, a variant of clouds, Rings. and others.
Very cool that they (Delerios) are also putting some VCV Modules as native MAX devices now- that opens up a whole new world!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

WasteLand wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:49 am live 10.0.5b5 is here, a beta, but also the Release Canditate, which means it will be available soon, as a stable (hopefully...) release/update;

overview;

Yes, as soon as this predominantly maintenance/improvements 0.5 update is out I suspect they will start to see a 'feature' update- 11.1 beta 1 here we come :-) Whatever else anyone may thing about Ableton, they have the most professional and accusable beta programs!

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:55 am
WasteLand wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:29 am
Rulos;

Very cool that they (Delerios) are also putting some VCV Modules as native MAX devices now- that opens up a whole new world!
yes one vult module, the name gives it away, the other one i don't know....

by the way owning reason for 3 years, or so... didn't know about the pitch capabilities, did know it was quite good, never work with audio in reason, but now i have a.. reason... o well Variaudio in cubase, is also quite capable, and nicely integrated.

shall try it.

but back on topic. VCV/MI in live 11 suite... nice, isn't it, bought them all...

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:56 am
WasteLand wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:49 am live 10.0.5b5 is here, a beta, but also the Release Canditate, which means it will be available soon, as a stable (hopefully...) release/update;

overview;

Yes, as soon as this predominantly maintenance/improvements 0.5 update is out I suspect they will start to see a 'feature' update- 11.1 beta 1 here we come :-) Whatever else anyone may thing about Ableton, they have the most professional and accusable beta programs!
the beta program of ableton is excellent, as is support. hope to see new features in the next update, mainly MPE for Simpler (not the way it works now), a full MPE implementation, although i do not encounter yet any problems with it, and MPE for more devices, Collision, Operator, etc..

I think Ableton are 'all in' with MPE (although I don't think the AAS devices that Operator etc are based on are MPE yet...not sure if that will be an issue or Ableton can do it anyway)

As I remember the 10.1 update it was pretty impressive! (vst3, automation shapes, zooming, new devices, user wavetables...) so lets hope 11.1 is the same...sometime I think that .1 update gets a few of the features that were not quite ready on a major release...so could be anything ;-)

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:40 pmAs I remember the 10.1 update it was pretty impressive! (vst3, automation shapes, zooming, new devices, user wavetables...) so lets hope 11.1 is the same...sometime I think that .1 update gets a few of the features that were not quite ready on a major release...so could be anything ;-)
MPE-enabled Analog, Operator, effects (e.g. Autofilter) and modulation devices (LFO, Shaper, etc.) :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Meanwhile.....whilst you wait here is always something new to play with with Live an MAX :-)

I cant believe I missed this one before 9applogies if it was already posted) - Made By Sonic State and DivKid! Lush frozen reverb 'instruments' and FX....just my thing!

https://sonicstate.com/shop/fm/

https://youtu.be/heL4AXHfGJM

Pathways by Dillon Bastan

Pathways is a sample-based Max for Live instrument that allows users to draw paths (made of small points) for sample playback over a spectrogram interface. The playback path (in blue) is based on which points were drawn first to last, allowing for all kinds of linear and nonlinear playback possibilities. It offers two playback modes that support a variable rate of playback (and freezing) without altering the pitch. This opens up options for approaching time-stretching and filtering. The position of a playhead on the spectrogram (orange lines) corresponds to the filtering and position of the sample that is being played by that voice. This gives users an intuitive understanding of a complex approach to playback.

Comes with the device, 68 presets (24 of which only work with Live 11+, the rest work with Live 10 and 11), 35 samples, and a User Manual.

Works with Live 10 and 11

FEATURES:
Basic drawing shape and transformation tools for drawing playback pathways
Ability to draw multiple playback paths separated by tabs (up to 8)
Overall pitch transposition and gain
Independent settings and functions per path drawing including:
--- Functions for naming, soloing, duplicating, clearing, and deleting a path
--- Maximum number of voices (up to 12 per path)
--- Trigger playback mode (automatically or with MIDI note input)
--- Rate of starting playback for a new voice (in case of auto playback), with a randomization option
--- Length of time it takes for a voice to play the whole drawn pathway, with a randomization option
--- Play direction (in terms of following the pathway): forward, backward, forthback, backforth
--- Randomize start position option
--- Choose between the Y position of a playhead corresponding to the filter center or the panning
--- 2 different playback modes: (FFT) Phase vocoder FFT based playback or (Grain) 3 short grains centered at the current playback position with a grain size option
--- Pitch transposition and fine-tuning
--- Panning with a randomization option
--- Filter width, resonance and gain

WALKTHROUGH VIDEO:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?view ... voiWHh2PVw

BUY:
https://gumroad.com/l/oIEsX

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:04 am
MuzikFreq wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:33 am Will admit that Live's M4L granular stuff is really good for mangling sounds while Bitwig kinda touches the surface. Even Grain from Reason is better granular synthesis than bitwig's stock devices
Yes, there is a lot of granular and left field stuff in Live now, a lot was introduced with the new 'inspired by nature' packs in Live 11. Reason also has some great instruments, although if I could have anything from Reason it would be the pitch correction and quantise...editing audio like midi.

Now Live and Bitwig both have comping, they both need this to be 'complete' in my opinion. Every other DAW can do this...Logic, Cubase, Studio One, Reaper, Reason and even FL Studio...I hope Ableton have this as a next priority and I hope it just shows up on the midi grid like Reason.

https://youtu.be/JBc2uFMz6n4
It's one of the reasons I keep going back to reason is that there's 3 timestrech algorithms with various uses and can get the sound I am looking for usually in a clean way vs elastique and many other types which I usually hear artifacts from

I suspect a lot of People don’t realise how good Reason is as a DAW as users seem to spend a lot of time complaining about it and Reason Studios only seem to be promoting Reason as a rack of instruments now. I must admit I only bought Reason for the rack as a VST and now find myself really liking the DAW! It wouldn’t replace Live for me (Max, Push, Racks, Session View etc) but if you were a singer/songwriter it may be ideal, it is well set up for recording guitars for example, even has a tuner on the audio input and dedicated dub tracks…

So many great DAWS and instruments available!

Reason was an amazing DAW, great time stretching, pitch-correction, midi/audio comping, SSL mixer, live sampling, full modularity. Then it started to run like crap on newer systems and the developer got super greedy. Users fled to other DAWs and now they seem to only promote the plugin version.
Back to topic: The stretching in Ableton is very basic and not reliable, so I started using Logic instead.

i only can concur that reason is a pretty good DAW. i am complainer on reason talk, subscription, haha... and small!! those RE's...

but not about the possibilties on the DAW side... but i never used audio in Reason, so i will check that out. i knew, as i already mentioned, about the great timestretch possibilities, not about pitch-correction... simply; never use audio in reason.
i do in other DAW's (recordings of own making or vocals), so it is timeeeeeee.

i started with Reason 10, bought 11 suite, and at that point it had a place in my workflow, because of the RRP, indeed, but i also use it more as a DAW...

ableton stretch, the warp i use mainly in Simpler, it is elastique, as in other DAW's.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”