Where is the API for BitWig 3.x? I need the references to the API & Commands etc

KVRist
191 posts since 11 Apr, 2019 from UK

Post Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:38 am

Hi,

Anyone know where the API docs & host command docs etc for BitWig 3.x are?

Thanks
BitWig & FLStudio
Web Developer by day, DAW tinkerer by night...

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:48 am

PS. Are there default CC values for BitWig play, stop, rewind, etc and are these documented anywhere?
BitWig & FLStudio

KVRAF
2876 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:09 am

In Bitwig open the Settings, click on the Help tab and select Documentation. Then scroll to the bottom.

Check out my tutorial series, which should get you started: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... O3luQCFQR2

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:52 am

Thanks Moss, I've actually watched quite a few of your videos already ;) Nice, you should be on their payroll, shame there's no VSCode extension for intelisense for WigBits JS API lol

I found the file in the bitwig install folder, mostly a java reference so far but I'm still looking, but there is a folder of js scripts which is a bit, lets go hunting for code which looks like it does what I want it will do (bit like the day job lol)...

Quick question for you, I'm programming a controller, mapping buttons and sliders, I got all the buttons working so far but getting the sliders to pass through and usable via midi learn / map to controller I have yet to get there (I'm on video 5 I think of your videos and am sifting through your github repo).

Any pointers?

Thanks
BitWig & FLStudio

Return to “Controller Scripting”