About the next MuLab 9

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rpagala wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:38 pm Mulab 8 runs fine on my M1 macbook air. I wish vst3 is supported though.
This is my wishlist as well. Native M1 and VST 3 support. VST 2 is being dropped by devs right and left anymore, and not just by new devs that can't get VST 2 licenses.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

We have 1st anniversary of this topic today :)
In that case, any nice updates?

I know, already a year since that announcement :oops:
Feeling a bit ashamed about that but cannot turn back the clock.
Life has flowed quite differently than i expected the last year.

M9 is about 2 main things:

1) Merge MuLab & MUX Plugin so MUX Plugin becomes MuLab Plugin. MuLab continues as stand-alone app too of course. This will also mean that the composer becomes a module, which gives new creative options. Of course it's the intention that MuLab 9 Plug-In can also be used as a pure synth/effect plugin like MUX Modular 8 Plug-In.

2) The live part aka clip matrix, which is something like in Logic Live Loops, Live Session View, Bitwig Clip Launcher.

From user pov it might seem logical to first do the clip launcher, but for technical reasons i'm now first implementing MuLab 9 Plug-In with the modular composer because it takes a very deep re-structuring. Last year i also already did a big job on the live part matrix, but paused it for now to first focus on implementing the new modular composer architecture. Lets say the plugin/composer job is 80% done.

It may be that M9.0 will be released with only the plugin/composer feature, and the live part matrix being released in M9.x. That's something still to be decided.

Hope this answers your question.

Stay tuned! Enjoy Making Music!

:love:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Thanks for the update.
So how exactly does a DAW work as a plugin? You can actually compose in MuLab even though it's host is say, reaper?

Keep tp the great work

I'm guessing it will resemble ReaWire, with Reaper hosting Mu. MUX on steroids!

Thanks for the update info. Patiently waiting for the next update. Right now I have enough toys to keep me entertained :)
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

sl23 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:45 am Thanks for the update.
So how exactly does a DAW work as a plugin? You can actually compose in MuLab even though it's host is say, reaper?

Keep up the great work
Energy XT used to work just like that, think of it like a super synth and tracks like multi sequences.

happy to read some news about you and the dev of M9.

mutools wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:16 pm Stand-alone & plug-in. And hopefully also tablet lateron.
Do you also plan to make Mulab phone compatible or just for bigger, tablet-like screens?

Rodulf wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:15 pm I'm guessing it will resemble ReaWire
Hope not. From what Jo is saying, it looks like it will pretty much be like MUX is now, but with the MuLab components such as the composer available as modules. Seems sensible.

mgiambro wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:05 pm From what Jo is saying, it looks like it will pretty much be like MUX is now, but with the MuLab components such as the composer available as modules.
That's it indeed.

humanboeing wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:55 am Do you also plan to make Mulab phone compatible or just for bigger, tablet-like screens?
That's not yet decided.

Any decisions yet about update pricing? I guess I am not the first to ask…

That's still to be defined.

Return to “MUTOOLS”