Delay plugins that can load 3rd party plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That dub delay technique unfortunately doesn't seem possible in Maschine. Good tip though.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:48 am That dub delay technique unfortunately doesn't seem possible in Maschine. Good tip though.
try seeing if you can do the feedback via NuGen SigMod.

https://nugenaudio.com/sigmod/
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Melda MXXX can load all Melda fx modules - but it might be kind of an overkill (also price-wise). Other than that, maybe, DDMF Metaplugin might serve you.

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:49 pm
jens wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:36 pm
Grodada wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:06 am yes, voltage modular does that.
Voltage Modular is in no way a delay plugin. It is a modular host that can load 3rd party plugins (including delays, of course) - just like VCV, Reason, Magma and others...
Well, in a way it is, but you have to patch it together, certainly more than no way… And much more than any fixed plugin could possibly be…
Sorry but that is nonsense. A modular host is not or is a delay plugin just as much as it is a compressor, a reverb an EQ - or whatever else or any mixture of those. It's not what the OP asked for. And even if that would suit his needs, it is pretty disingenious to arbitrarily mention just one out of the many modular hosts there are without a word about a) that it is a modular host, not a delay plugin and b) that there are numerous other modular hosts, several of whichg - unlike VM can load VST plugins - reeks of fanboyism.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Well, it can solve the problem. That is what counts…
Btw. I am much more a fanboy of Bitwig, but that would not solve the OPs problem…

It wasn't you who first suggested it after all... and of course you're right in a way.... there might have been a reply like this:

"while not being a delay-plugin in and of itself, a modular host does pretty much offer the functionality you look for.
You can load a delay, plus you can load a myriad of other modules and connect them in various ways. You also can save patches that can serve as pre-configurations. There are a number of modular hosts that can serve 3rd party plugins. Some of them load VST plugins directly, while others load their own proprietary plugin format. And while Cherry Audio Voltage Modular belongs to the latter category, I prefer it for... [this and that reason]."

But that was in no way what he/she wrote - instead it was just a single simple line:

"yes, voltage modular does that. "

See the difference?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I appreciate all the suggestions, but yes, I'm looking for a delay plugin that I can give colour and character by adding the plugins I already own. Especially in the feedback loop, because that makes the repeats come alive. An entry level Late Replies perhaps?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:41 pm That is a cool feature, but I make all my beats in the Maschine standalone. Maybe if they'd let you load Bitwig as a plugin like FL Studio or Reason...
Just wanted to list, which DAWs could do it, but just saw, that you are limited to Maschine.
Can't you just route two tracks into each other in a loop with a simple delay in the first and the colorization in the secon one on Maschine? It's not the most convenient solution, but it works.

AKJ wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:52 am Melda MXXX can load all Melda fx modules - but it might be kind of an overkill (also price-wise). Other than that, maybe, DDMF Metaplugin might serve you.
I think you can buy MXXX Core which can use all the free Melda plugins and then just buy whatever of his plugins that suit you and they become available in MXXX.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

SamDi wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:38 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:41 pm That is a cool feature, but I make all my beats in the Maschine standalone. Maybe if they'd let you load Bitwig as a plugin like FL Studio or Reason...
Just wanted to list, which DAWs could do it, but just saw, that you are limited to Maschine.
Can't you just route two tracks into each other in a loop with a simple delay in the first and the colorization in the secon one on Maschine? It's not the most convenient solution, but it works.
No, it doesn't seem possible. I guess the developers of Maschine limited the routing to prevent feedback.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:55 pm
SamDi wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:38 pm
No, it doesn't seem possible. I guess the developers of Maschine limited the routing to prevent feedback.
bidule mentioned on the previous page.
it is (before jens chases me down to murder me to death) a modular host as oppose to a delay, but! can be used as a plugin also.

:lol:

Nah, you're safe... (for now) :hihi:

:hihi:

What's wrong with Late Replies?

Note that once you have it set up there's an "easy view" (labelled EZ) you can turn on that gets rid of all the clutter and just let you adjust delay time, feedback and a couple of other key controls. It makes it much easier, but you do have to go to the main screen to get at the hosted plugins.

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:52 pm
AKJ wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:52 am Melda MXXX can load all Melda fx modules - but it might be kind of an overkill (also price-wise). Other than that, maybe, DDMF Metaplugin might serve you.
I think you can buy MXXX Core which can use all the free Melda plugins and then just buy whatever of his plugins that suit you and they become available in MXXX.
The Melda Free Bundle does not work in MXXXCore
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MXXXCore

Return to “Effects”