Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekadan wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:28 pm Is 49 EUR for PA Bettermaker EQ232D a good price or is 29 EUR what one should be holding out for really?
$39.99 so you can use $25 voucher (min spend $32)....

loveplastic wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:37 pm
v1o wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:55 pm
If you're looking for the Akai sound you should try Inphonik RX950 or Tal DAC.
Thank you! I am looking at RX950. Will look at Tal DAV. Any accurate ASR-10 plugs??
You might also look at the Wavetracing SP950.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:34 am
Thank you! I am looking at RX950. Will look at Tal DAV. Any accurate ASR-10 plugs??
Thanks a lot guys! I saw the SP950 earlier in a shootout:
https://youtu.be/u5r2O5d5HFk

I will be getting TAL DAC and RX950 since they’re so affordable. Maybe SP950 late. I just wish there was an ASR-10 emulation.

Any other suggestions for this chain? I’m using it for my Korg Triton plug-in so that it competes with my hardware Triton and 2000s hip-hop producers who ran it through hardware like the ASR-10.

Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram
OS Lion

Pro Tools 8.0.3 with various Waves Plugins
Reason 6.0.2
61-key Korg Triton Studio. M-Audio Uno MIDI to USB cable from Triton to iMac.

loveplastic wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:37 am Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
I’m enjoying reading the discussion here. Check out Beatskillz Samplex, as well. He uses vintage samplers every day and is really into that sound.

loveplastic wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:37 am I will be getting TAL DAC and RX950 since they’re so affordable. Maybe SP950 late. I just wish there was an ASR-10 emulation.

Any other suggestions for this chain? I’m using it for my Korg Triton plug-in so that it competes with my hardware Triton and 2000s hip-hop producers who ran it through hardware like the ASR-10.

Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
Yes, please start a new topic in Effects. And I'd like to hear the difference between the software and hardware Triton. Could you post some examples?

Uncle E wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:01 am
loveplastic wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:37 am Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
I’m enjoying reading the discussion here. Check out Beatskillz Samplex, as well. He uses vintage samplers every day and is really into that sound.
Same here but I’ll start a new thread when I’m not too busy.

Thanks for the input I’ll check Beatskillz out.
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
OS Lion

Reason 6.0.2

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:43 am
loveplastic wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:37 am I will be getting TAL DAC and RX950 since they’re so affordable. Maybe SP950 late. I just wish there was an ASR-10 emulation.

Yes, please start a new topic in Effects. And I'd like to hear the difference between the software and hardware Triton. Could you post some examples?
Unfortunately my Triton is almost dead. It freezes often. I will try but at this point it’s risky. I’m trying to get all my internal beats onto a floppy or something lol.
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
OS Lion

Reason 6.0.2

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:43 am Yes, please start a new topic in Effects. And I'd like to hear the difference between the software and hardware Triton. Could you post some examples?
If you tell me a specific patch, I can send both of you the patch I sampled from my hardware Triton, then you can compare.

SampleX is an interesting hybrid concept, but we can discuss that in the new topic.

About the comparison, I usually sample a sound (a drum break for example) with the hardware sampler and then run the same sound through the software emulation. Of course sample rates and bit depths need to be the same.

If I look at the specifications of the Triton (48 kHz / 16 bit), I do wonder if an advanced bitcrusher is what you need to match the sound. It's probably more about tone and compression.

loveplastic wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:37 am

I will be getting TAL DAC and RX950 since they’re so affordable. Maybe SP950 late. I just wish there was an ASR-10 emulation.

would be a hassle but why not run your audio through your ASR-10, from memory they can do that

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:41 am

would be a hassle but why not run your audio through your ASR-10, from memory they can do that
Yes they can do that and it would be ideal to get my Triton sounds to compete with the likes of The Neptunes. Producers ran the Triton through analog samplers to boost the sound. I always wondered why my Triton didn’t sound as “big” as theirs until I read this.

Problem is, I don’t have an ASR-10!! ($1,000+)
I have an old Triton that’s failing which is why I need the plug-ins. My main concern with the software is how it sounds and how I can saturate it to compete with big producers on a budget!

Thanks for the input.
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
OS Lion

Reason 6.0.2

loveplastic wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:35 pm

Yes they can do that and it would be ideal to get my Triton sounds to compete with the likes of The Neptunes. Producers ran the Triton through analog samplers to boost the sound. I always wondered why my Triton didn’t sound as “big” as theirs until I read this.

I have an old Triton that’s failing which is why I need the plug-ins. My main concern with the software is how it sounds and how I can saturate it to compete with big producers on a budget!

Thanks for the input.
there's no magic bullet, you are overthinking things. If you dont have an ASR-10, or even a few of them, then you dont really know what they sound like compared to the plugins. Any of the good saturation plugins will do the job well enough for you to "compete". In reality your social relations and production skills will do way more than some minor difference between the saturation used on any set of tracks - that's like thinking the sort of strings you use will make the difference between being a successful guitarist or mot.

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:12 pm

Thanks for the input.
there's no magic bullet, you are overthinking things. If you dont have an ASR-10, or even a few of them, then you dont really know what they sound like compared to the plugins. Any of the good saturation plugins will do the job well enough for you to "compete". In reality your social relations and production skills will do way more than some minor difference between the saturation used on any set of tracks - that's like thinking the sort of strings you use will make the difference between being a successful guitarist or mot.
Thanks I tend to overthink things. I research how hardware sounds and do a lot of listening via YouTube.

So far my personal saturation plug-ins are:
Logic Stock
Softube Saturation Knob
Tube Saturator Vintage (another free plug-in)
Decimort-2

Buying:
RX950
TAL-DAC
SP950

In good hands?
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
OS Lion

Reason 6.0.2

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:12 pm

Thanks for the input.
BINGO, BINGO, BINGO!!! this may be the best comment Ive ever seen here. I guess I'm really old, I've used or seen my friends use all of these samplers when they were cutting edge and they're all crap today. Its the song or track that counts and the production, not the "vintage vibe" sounds.

loveplastic wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:31 pm So far my personal saturation plug-ins are:
Logic Stock
Softube Saturation Knob
Tube Saturator Vintage (another free plug-in)
Decimort-2

Buying:
RX950
TAL-DAC
SP950

In good hands?
Although I like the plugins you want to buy a lot (my favourite bitcrushers are Decimort 2, TAL-DAC and SP950), I have the feeling you are going to be disappointed. None of these will instantly give you the ASR-10 sound and punch you're after, certainly not RX950 and SP950 as they emulate the very different sounding S950 and SP1200. Have you already tried the demo of TAL-DAC to see if you can get that sound out of it?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”