Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRer
9 posts since 11 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:37 pm

v1o wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:55 am
loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:11 am
masterhiggins wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:04 pm
imrae wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:02 am
Introducing BOOM BAP (VSTi / AU), a revolutionary sampler engine and massive sound library created with authentic hip-hop producers in mind.
That... doesn't sound like it would be very "revolutionary". Am I missing something?
Well, if they had marketed it as a “mediocre rompler made for idiots” it probably wouldn’t be as well-received.


In all seriousness how good is their hardware emulation? I also “assume” it will suck but I bought Decimort 2 hoping it can emulate the ASR-10 and other hardware samplers but people who own the original hardware say Decimort 2’s emulations sound nothing like them?!

I also can’t find a plug-in that can emulate the ASR-10 sampler tone and others. I’m at the point of trying anything!! *pulls hair out*


P.S. first post in 9 years…. :dog:

If you're looking for the Akai sound you should try Inphonik RX950 or Tal DAC.
Thank you! I am looking at RX950. Will look at Tal DAV. Any accurate ASR-10 plugs??
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram
OS Lion

Pro Tools 8.0.3 with various Waves Plugins
Reason 6.0.2
61-key Korg Triton Studio. M-Audio Uno MIDI to USB cable from Triton to iMac.

User avatar
KVRian
1264 posts since 6 Nov, 2002 from where moose mate, mate

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:44 pm

ciochi wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:22 am
telecharge wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:34 pm
ciochi wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:17 pm
I'm after a TO2 upgrade from TO to complete. Do you mean like bestservice?
Yes, that's one example. They just started a promo where you can get up to a 20% discount for signing up for their newsletter.

See: https://www.bestservice.com/deals/subsc ... _3403.html
Well, 30€ on 200 is 15% off, not that great.
Yeah not super, but you get a 10 EUR “BestCoin” bonus with your purchase too it seems, so if you shop there now and then, that could be worth something too.

KVRian
846 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:26 pm

pekadan wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:28 pm
Is 49 EUR for PA Bettermaker EQ232D a good price or is 29 EUR what one should be holding out for really?
$39.99 so you can use $25 voucher (min spend $32)....

KVRAF
3330 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:34 pm

loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:37 pm
v1o wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:55 am

If you're looking for the Akai sound you should try Inphonik RX950 or Tal DAC.
Thank you! I am looking at RX950. Will look at Tal DAV. Any accurate ASR-10 plugs??
You might also look at the Wavetracing SP950.
A well-behaved signature.

KVRer
9 posts since 11 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm

JerGoertz wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:34 pm
loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:37 pm
v1o wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:55 am

If you're looking for the Akai sound you should try Inphonik RX950 or Tal DAC.
Thank you! I am looking at RX950. Will look at Tal DAV. Any accurate ASR-10 plugs??
You might also look at the Wavetracing SP950.
Thanks a lot guys! I saw the SP950 earlier in a shootout:
https://youtu.be/u5r2O5d5HFk

I will be getting TAL DAC and RX950 since they’re so affordable. Maybe SP950 late. I just wish there was an ASR-10 emulation.

Any other suggestions for this chain? I’m using it for my Korg Triton plug-in so that it competes with my hardware Triton and 2000s hip-hop producers who ran it through hardware like the ASR-10.

Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram
OS Lion

Pro Tools 8.0.3 with various Waves Plugins
Reason 6.0.2
61-key Korg Triton Studio. M-Audio Uno MIDI to USB cable from Triton to iMac.

User avatar
KVRAF
12469 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:01 pm

loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm
Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
I’m enjoying reading the discussion here. Check out Beatskillz Samplex, as well. He uses vintage samplers every day and is really into that sound.

KVRian
1053 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:43 pm

loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm
I will be getting TAL DAC and RX950 since they’re so affordable. Maybe SP950 late. I just wish there was an ASR-10 emulation.

Any other suggestions for this chain? I’m using it for my Korg Triton plug-in so that it competes with my hardware Triton and 2000s hip-hop producers who ran it through hardware like the ASR-10.

Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
Yes, please start a new topic in Effects. And I'd like to hear the difference between the software and hardware Triton. Could you post some examples?

KVRer
9 posts since 11 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:05 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:01 pm
loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm
Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
I’m enjoying reading the discussion here. Check out Beatskillz Samplex, as well. He uses vintage samplers every day and is really into that sound.
Same here but I’ll start a new thread when I’m not too busy.

Thanks for the input I’ll check Beatskillz out.
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram
OS Lion

Pro Tools 8.0.3 with various Waves Plugins
Reason 6.0.2
61-key Korg Triton Studio. M-Audio Uno MIDI to USB cable from Triton to iMac.

KVRer
9 posts since 11 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:06 pm

Lotuz2019 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:43 pm
loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm
I will be getting TAL DAC and RX950 since they’re so affordable. Maybe SP950 late. I just wish there was an ASR-10 emulation.

Any other suggestions for this chain? I’m using it for my Korg Triton plug-in so that it competes with my hardware Triton and 2000s hip-hop producers who ran it through hardware like the ASR-10.

Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
Yes, please start a new topic in Effects. And I'd like to hear the difference between the software and hardware Triton. Could you post some examples?
Unfortunately my Triton is almost dead. It freezes often. I will try but at this point it’s risky. I’m trying to get all my internal beats onto a floppy or something lol.
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram
OS Lion

Pro Tools 8.0.3 with various Waves Plugins
Reason 6.0.2
61-key Korg Triton Studio. M-Audio Uno MIDI to USB cable from Triton to iMac.

User avatar
KVRAF
12469 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:07 pm

Lotuz2019 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:43 pm
Yes, please start a new topic in Effects. And I'd like to hear the difference between the software and hardware Triton. Could you post some examples?
If you tell me a specific patch, I can send both of you the patch I sampled from my hardware Triton, then you can compare.

KVRian
1053 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Post Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:35 pm

SampleX is an interesting hybrid concept, but we can discuss that in the new topic.

About the comparison, I usually sample a sound (a drum break for example) with the hardware sampler and then run the same sound through the software emulation. Of course sample rates and bit depths need to be the same.

If I look at the specifications of the Triton (48 kHz / 16 bit), I do wonder if an advanced bitcrusher is what you need to match the sound. It's probably more about tone and compression.

KVRAF
1522 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:41 am

loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm
JerGoertz wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:34 pm
loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:37 pm
v1o wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:55 am

If you're looking for the Akai sound you should try Inphonik RX950 or Tal DAC.
Thank you! I am looking at RX950. Will look at Tal DAV. Any accurate ASR-10 plugs??
You might also look at the Wavetracing SP950.
Thanks a lot guys! I saw the SP950 earlier in a shootout:
https://youtu.be/u5r2O5d5HFk

I will be getting TAL DAC and RX950 since they’re so affordable. Maybe SP950 late. I just wish there was an ASR-10 emulation.

Any other suggestions for this chain? I’m using it for my Korg Triton plug-in so that it competes with my hardware Triton and 2000s hip-hop producers who ran it through hardware like the ASR-10.

Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
would be a hassle but why not run your audio through your ASR-10, from memory they can do that

KVRer
9 posts since 11 Jun, 2012

Post Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:35 am

fairlyclose wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:41 am
loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm
JerGoertz wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:34 pm
loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:37 pm
v1o wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:55 am

If you're looking for the Akai sound you should try Inphonik RX950 or Tal DAC.
Thank you! I am looking at RX950. Will look at Tal DAV. Any accurate ASR-10 plugs??
You might also look at the Wavetracing SP950.
Thanks a lot guys! I saw the SP950 earlier in a shootout:
https://youtu.be/u5r2O5d5HFk

I will be getting TAL DAC and RX950 since they’re so affordable. Maybe SP950 late. I just wish there was an ASR-10 emulation.

Any other suggestions for this chain? I’m using it for my Korg Triton plug-in so that it competes with my hardware Triton and 2000s hip-hop producers who ran it through hardware like the ASR-10.

Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
would be a hassle but why not run your audio through your ASR-10, from memory they can do that
Yes they can do that and it would be ideal to get my Triton sounds to compete with the likes of The Neptunes. Producers ran the Triton through analog samplers to boost the sound. I always wondered why my Triton didn’t sound as “big” as theirs until I read this.

Problem is, I don’t have an ASR-10!! ($1,000+)
I have an old Triton that’s failing which is why I need the plug-ins. My main concern with the software is how it sounds and how I can saturate it to compete with big producers on a budget!

Thanks for the input.
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram
OS Lion

Pro Tools 8.0.3 with various Waves Plugins
Reason 6.0.2
61-key Korg Triton Studio. M-Audio Uno MIDI to USB cable from Triton to iMac.

KVRAF
1522 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:12 am

loveplastic wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:35 am
fairlyclose wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:41 am
loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm
JerGoertz wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:34 pm
loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:37 pm
v1o wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:55 am

If you're looking for the Akai sound you should try Inphonik RX950 or Tal DAC.
Thank you! I am looking at RX950. Will look at Tal DAV. Any accurate ASR-10 plugs??
You might also look at the Wavetracing SP950.
Thanks a lot guys! I saw the SP950 earlier in a shootout:
https://youtu.be/u5r2O5d5HFk

I will be getting TAL DAC and RX950 since they’re so affordable. Maybe SP950 late. I just wish there was an ASR-10 emulation.

Any other suggestions for this chain? I’m using it for my Korg Triton plug-in so that it competes with my hardware Triton and 2000s hip-hop producers who ran it through hardware like the ASR-10.

Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
would be a hassle but why not run your audio through your ASR-10, from memory they can do that
Yes they can do that and it would be ideal to get my Triton sounds to compete with the likes of The Neptunes. Producers ran the Triton through analog samplers to boost the sound. I always wondered why my Triton didn’t sound as “big” as theirs until I read this.

Problem is, I don’t have an ASR-10!! ($1,000+)
I have an old Triton that’s failing which is why I need the plug-ins. My main concern with the software is how it sounds and how I can saturate it to compete with big producers on a budget!

Thanks for the input.
there's no magic bullet, you are overthinking things. If you dont have an ASR-10, or even a few of them, then you dont really know what they sound like compared to the plugins. Any of the good saturation plugins will do the job well enough for you to "compete". In reality your social relations and production skills will do way more than some minor difference between the saturation used on any set of tracks - that's like thinking the sort of strings you use will make the difference between being a successful guitarist or mot.

KVRer
9 posts since 11 Jun, 2012

Post Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:31 pm

fairlyclose wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:12 am
loveplastic wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:35 am
fairlyclose wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:41 am
loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm
JerGoertz wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:34 pm
loveplastic wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:37 pm


Thank you! I am looking at RX950. Will look at Tal DAV. Any accurate ASR-10 plugs??
You might also look at the Wavetracing SP950.
Thanks a lot guys! I saw the SP950 earlier in a shootout:
https://youtu.be/u5r2O5d5HFk

I will be getting TAL DAC and RX950 since they’re so affordable. Maybe SP950 late. I just wish there was an ASR-10 emulation.

Any other suggestions for this chain? I’m using it for my Korg Triton plug-in so that it competes with my hardware Triton and 2000s hip-hop producers who ran it through hardware like the ASR-10.

Apologies if I’m hijacking this thread. Maybe I should start a new one in the appropriate category.
would be a hassle but why not run your audio through your ASR-10, from memory they can do that
Yes they can do that and it would be ideal to get my Triton sounds to compete with the likes of The Neptunes. Producers ran the Triton through analog samplers to boost the sound. I always wondered why my Triton didn’t sound as “big” as theirs until I read this.

Problem is, I don’t have an ASR-10!! ($1,000+)
I have an old Triton that’s failing which is why I need the plug-ins. My main concern with the software is how it sounds and how I can saturate it to compete with big producers on a budget!

Thanks for the input.
there's no magic bullet, you are overthinking things. If you dont have an ASR-10, or even a few of them, then you dont really know what they sound like compared to the plugins. Any of the good saturation plugins will do the job well enough for you to "compete". In reality your social relations and production skills will do way more than some minor difference between the saturation used on any set of tracks - that's like thinking the sort of strings you use will make the difference between being a successful guitarist or mot.
Thanks I tend to overthink things. I research how hardware sounds and do a lot of listening via YouTube.

So far my personal saturation plug-ins are:
Logic Stock
Softube Saturation Knob
Tube Saturator Vintage (another free plug-in)
Decimort-2

Buying:
RX950
TAL-DAC
SP950

In good hands?
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram
OS Lion

Pro Tools 8.0.3 with various Waves Plugins
Reason 6.0.2
61-key Korg Triton Studio. M-Audio Uno MIDI to USB cable from Triton to iMac.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”