Bitwig Studio 4 announced (+beta available)!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:20 pm
worldshaker wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:32 pm Did BitWig 4 add or already have key & scales like Cubase/Ableton?
Bitwig Dev's felt microtonality was more important than regular key/chord and scale stuff. It has advantages like tuning modulation, but probably not as useful as standard scales for most users.

It may be in their next update, it may be never...there is no road map for Bitwig.
A false dichotomy just so you can complain. Your posts about Bitwig have become pretty negative, seems like at this point you might be better served to sell Bitwig and move on.

I wish that Bitwig team concentrate more now on the arrangement area tools and borrow more from Logic/Cubase than Live.

It's better than Live as a traditional linear DAW IMO, but not there yet for someone got used to Cubase/Logic.
I know my opinion is not popular, but I wish they developed a better markers system and add midi review than implementing a waste of time (probabilities) tools!

Anyway, maybe they know what they are doing and those probabilities tools can sell the software better. For me, it is useless. However, Bitwig is still my 2nd best DAW overall and it can be an excellent choice for a minimalist as it contains everything to make excellent music with unlimited ceiling for sound sources.

EnGee wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:47 pm I wish that Bitwig team concentrate more now on the arrangement area tools and borrow more from Logic/Cubase than Live.

It's better than Live as a traditional linear DAW IMO, but not there yet for someone got used to Cubase/Logic.
I know my opinion is not popular, but I wish they developed a better markers system and add midi review than implementing a waste of time (probabilities) tools!

Anyway, maybe they know what they are doing and those probabilities tools can sell the software better. For me, it is useless. However, Bitwig is still my 2nd best DAW overall and it can be an excellent choice for a minimalist as it contains everything to make excellent music with unlimited ceiling for sound sources.
There's only one thing they added with them that is neat and that's the beat slicing operation. Makes making zips and stuff way easier and faster

MuzikFreq wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:38 pmThere's only one thing they added with them that is neat and that's the beat slicing operation. Makes making zips and stuff way easier and faster.
Let's see what 4.1 brings. I'm under the impression that a lot of v4 effort was to port it to Apple Silicon - I mean it's currently the best implementation on the market, as neither Logic or Reaper allow user to mix Apple Silicon native and Rosetta2 plugins.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:01 pm as neither Logic or Reaper allow user to mix Apple Silicon native and Rosetta2 plugins.
Do not know Reaper but with Logic you can.

Reaper can too.

ozinga wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:24 am
antic604 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:01 pm as neither Logic or Reaper allow user to mix Apple Silicon native and Rosetta2 plugins.
Is it new? I'm sure early reports suggested you need to choose.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:40 am
No, it was always this way. Logic from the start hosts its non-native plugins in a different process.

But many plugins may not work this way.

Serhii Kot wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:42 am
No, it was always this way. Logic from the start hosts its non-native plugins in a different process.

Ok, so I was wrong. Still, it's a pretty exceptional achievement - and lots of work - for Bitwig to only be behind Apple & Cockos with native port.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:18 am

Ok, so I was wrong. Still, it's a pretty exceptional achievement - and lots of work - for Bitwig to only be behind Apple & Cockos with native port.
The main difference is that if Logic's x64 container crashes - logic crashes. If Bitwig's x64 container crashes - Bitwig does not.

Serhii Kot wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 pm The main difference is that if Logic's x64 container crashes - logic crashes. If Bitwig's x64 container crashes - Bitwig does not.
That is a huge difference... and that is why Bitwig is my main DAW. It is by far the most stable DAW I have ever used.

Serhii Kot wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 pm

The main difference is that if Logic's x64 container crashes - logic crashes. If Bitwig's x64 container crashes - Bitwig does not.
This is a huge plus for Bitwig, hopefully other DAW's will learn from them.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:02 pm
Serhii Kot wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 pm

This is a huge plus for Bitwig, hopefully other DAW's will learn from them.
It's not so simple. I found it uses more cpu so if you have a big project it can potentially struggle

"It's better than Live as a traditional linear DAW IMO, but not there yet for someone got used to Cubase/Logic."
I beg to differ. That's my bread and butter and I far prefer Live. It takes a while to get used to Live, but it's extremely efficient once you're used to it. There are tiny little things in Bitwig that absolutely drives me nuts.

Yes maybe! This is what I feel when editing/arranging in the arrangement window in Live. I felt more at home with Bitwig.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”