Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Norqa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:53 pm
beely wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:42 pm
Er, I'm not blaming anyone for anything?! Someone asked me what was happening with it, I said it's up, but due to response I'm probably not going to put much more effort into it. That's it - it's there for people to use if they want to.
Glad you acknowledge you aren't putting anymore effort in and things are as they are.
Perhaps update the thread? Make it final, make it clear, put some closure in.
Seriously though beely you come out of this like a halfway house.
i guess you are not considering what you come out of this like. :dog:

JamminFool wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:10 pm
i guess you are not considering what you come out of this like. :dog:
Cause and effect.
I know for sure if I bitchslap someone for whatever reason someone somewhere will take exception.
:)

Norqa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:53 pm Glad you acknowledge you aren't putting anymore effort in and things are as they are.
Perhaps update the thread? Make it final, make it clear, put some closure in.
Seriously though beely you come out of this like a halfway house.
I've PM'd you, as this is off-topic.

Wow this is so nice! I love all those 90s to early 2000s digital and VA synths. Now Korg Z1 please hehe Oh, the Prophecy also has polyphony, so is there anything missing in comparison to the Z1? Maybe it already is a Z1.

I think the prophecy VST needs a "boost +6dB" global option.

The miniKORG sounds amazing! :tu:

While I wish I could afford to get the miniKORG 700FS, I'm happy with the software version.

Remember the MS-20iC Legacy Controller?

Maybe demand isn't very high for those types of tailored-to-fit MIDI controllers, but a controller of the miniKORG to use with this software would be quite enjoyable I think, and wouldn't cost thousands. It's just such a cool looking keyboard.

joeyluck wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:40 pm Maybe demand isn't very high for those types of tailored-to-fit MIDI controllers, but a controller of the miniKORG to use with this software would be quite enjoyable I think, and wouldn't cost thousands. It's just such a cool looking keyboard.
I don't know... I've never had a real (/original) 700FS, but having (/operating) controls on the top & front doesn't seem very ergonomic. How about a few buttons on the bottom and some sliders at the back? :borg:

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:27 pm so is there anything missing in comparison to the Z1? Maybe it already is a Z1.
Some oscillator models are missing and 6 part multitimbrality.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:35 pm
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:27 pm so is there anything missing in comparison to the Z1? Maybe it already is a Z1.
Some oscillator models are missing and 6 part multitimbrality.
If you're comparing the plugin to the Z1 hardware synth, then it's also missing... the hardware. (I can imagine that if Korg ever released a Z1 plugin, they'd leave out the multitimbrality - because: not the same usefulness for a plugin in a DAW.)

Does Korg own UVI and AAS now?

I went to the Korg site to read more about the miniKorg 700FS and saw they're giving away UVI, iZotope and AAS instruments/effects if you buy certain Korg products.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthe ... org_700fs/

Korg.JPG

I can see them giving away Reason Lite and Ozone Lite, but not other instruments which might otherwise compete with Korg's own plug-ins.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Oberheim 8000 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:48 am Also, as mentioned in this topic, if PROG Digital is changed (on main menu) it is instant crash for Triton.
There are other bugs. Browse the Triton Extreme in Combi mode, select keyboard and then try to load some of the InitialCombi patches. Clicking many of them result in an instant crash.

They've also not fixed the ARP Global settings bug whereby the global ARP settings have absolutely no effect whatsoever.

Support said they've reproduced this bug "in certain environments." I'm curious to know which environments this doesn't happen in!

T-CM11 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:52 pm
joeyluck wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:40 pm Maybe demand isn't very high for those types of tailored-to-fit MIDI controllers, but a controller of the miniKORG to use with this software would be quite enjoyable I think, and wouldn't cost thousands. It's just such a cool looking keyboard.
I don't know... I've never had a real (/original) 700FS, but having (/operating) controls on the top & front doesn't seem very ergonomic. How about a few buttons on the bottom and some sliders at the back? :borg:
Lol true. Perhaps not the most ergonomic. But I guess that's one of the things that makes it look unique.

Maybe they could produce a miniKORG controller or module similar to the 2D layout of the software version...
Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 4.48.02 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Norqa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:16 pm
toitoi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:52 pm
In that way we could then call PPG Wave, Prophet VS, Korg DW's, Kawai K1, K3 synths "sample playback machines" too. :wink: They all use sampled waveforms for the oscillators. M1 has usual suspects single cycle waveforms and DWGS from Korg DW8000.
Anything that uses samples masquerading as oscillators falls into sample playback machines.
At this stage I am inclined to agree with Bones and Beely.
But I think they are both drilling down too far.
PPG WAve and Korg DW don't use samples. They use wavetables where there are some waves stored. PPG wavetables were createe using some sort of additive synthesis (no samples involved). The DW waveforms (just 16, use something of the kind (single period waveforms), although many of them come from sample analysis (kind of). The Prophet VS I'm not sure, but I think it uses something close to PPG Wave.
Fernando (FMR)

Still no videos or soundcloud demos 24 hours on. Where are the influencers this time? Korg does not have a social media strategy.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Z1, 01 / wfd and Karma are missing.

With of course the programs and performances of the original synths.

It would be a great thing if Korg released a version 3 update with these three machines in vst.

Better yet if not in three months.

Collection 3 would certainly sell much more.

In addition, Korg is lagging behind Roland and the cloud and the Arturia Collection which emulates anthology synths, just like UVI for that matter which does an excellent job.

Glad I ran into this thread. Just upgraded minutes ago from the M1 and was able to get my upgrade discount.

Return to “Instruments”