donkeyt-a little local difficulty-indie rokk

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:07 pm
always love a bit of mbv widdle.
I cheated of course - hate playing with the tremolo arm, there's enough shit to get wrong without that as well. Used the FL peak controller (envelope thingy) to control the whammy effect in geetar rig, so there's wobble tied to the strumming.. :love:

One is quite techy for an old sausage-fingered guitarist.

As usual, you have put together a great song here, but I think the vocal level before 1:50 is a little too low. Maybe they could come up by a couple of dB.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:49 pm As usual, you have put together a great song here, but I think the vocal level before 1:50 is a little too low. Maybe they could come up by a couple of dB.

I was thinking about those bits and how I could make them a bit different (without something too obvious like distortion or telephone eq) so I've gone a bit of a Lennon stylee slapback delay, and upped them a bit. Quite like it.

I enjoyed that very much.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:38 am
seismic1 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:49 pm As usual, you have put together a great song here, but I think the vocal level before 1:50 is a little too low. Maybe they could come up by a couple of dB.

I was thinking about those bits and how I could make them a bit different (without something too obvious like distortion or telephone eq) so I've gone a bit of a Lennon stylee slapback delay, and upped them a bit. Quite like it.
So do I. They are more distinct/distinguished now :)

eassae wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:44 pm I enjoyed that very much.
Cheers, glad you enjoyed it!

seismic1 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:06 am
donkey tugger wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:38 am

So do I. They are more distinct/distinguished now :)
Thanks for checking, appreciated, I'm always a bit crap on getting vocal levels right first time. Think I'll stop tinkering now for a bit!

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:28 am One of me more rambling 'pseudo-epic attempt' numbers (well..it's 5 minutes long anyway).
Game of about 5 halves with no real verses/chorus to speak of and quite minimal vocals. Some jaath-y chords at the start, 60s organ, bombast drums in the second half, wibble guitar in the faux MBV stylee, solo x2 (the second one is the first one chopped up and reversed, but f**k it, I'm 'avin it), and the kitchen sink...

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... iculty.mp3
Slowly starting epic song with slightly psychedelic vocals. That reminds me
of the great works of the 1970s. Very nicely done, perhaps a bit like Peter
Gabriel. The song is very soulful and well produced - I really enjoyed
listening to it! :clap:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Listening for this for a week. Great song to end a busy day!

I like the contrast of mellow 70's rock building into high-energy middle section with that "grungy" feeling.

Great instrument selection. A whole universe of sounds to explore. The strings feels "alive" and very expressive, blended with synthesizers it is such a cool idea. The guitars goes from clean to screaming distortion. It is hard to imagine such aestheticly different instruments in one arrangement.

Also great vocals. The voice timbre fits the song's vibe.

It is hard to find such detailed and carefully crafted kind of music nowdays...
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

enroe wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:32 am
donkey tugger wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:28 am One of me more rambling 'pseudo-epic attempt' numbers (well..it's 5 minutes long anyway).
Game of about 5 halves with no real verses/chorus to speak of and quite minimal vocals. Some jaath-y chords at the start, 60s organ, bombast drums in the second half, wibble guitar in the faux MBV stylee, solo x2 (the second one is the first one chopped up and reversed, but f**k it, I'm 'avin it), and the kitchen sink...

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... iculty.mp3
Slowly starting epic song with slightly psychedelic vocals. That reminds me
of the great works of the 1970s. Very nicely done, perhaps a bit like Peter
Gabriel. The song is very soulful and well produced - I really enjoyed
listening to it! :clap:
Cheers. Seem to go through phases. Appear to be in a 1970s one now!

VCA-089 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:12 pm Listening for this for a week. Great song to end a busy day!

I like the contrast of mellow 70's rock building into high-energy middle section with that "grungy" feeling.

Great instrument selection. A whole universe of sounds to explore. The strings feels "alive" and very expressive, blended with synthesizers it is such a cool idea. The guitars goes from clean to screaming distortion. It is hard to imagine such aestheticly different instruments in one arrangement.

Also great vocals. The voice timbre fits the song's vibe.

It is hard to find such detailed and carefully crafted kind of music nowdays...
:oops: Cheered me up no end. Very kind!

er
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

hgg
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:13 pm Just in case you are wondering where I get these Brendan Perry references from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8mNYVPoEa4

I can see you doing a track like that.

This track hits the mark.

I'm providing critique here. You don't need to stop doing that voodoo that you do so well.

More writing, more recording. More sharing what you come up with.
'Voyage Of Bran' eh? I always like to hear a nice number about the passage of a good, firm stool. :o

Cheers as ever for the words. I shall continue on - who knows with what next....

fu
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”