Plugin , midi out

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Colin , I am not sure you can answer this , but I'll give it a shot anyway
Lately I've been into making sysex editors .
When loaded as a plugin in renoise , the midi out connection to my Roland integra is made IN architect (plugin ) only and not via renoise midi output and it works , it communicates directly to the hardware ( usb midi )
Somehow renoise is able to establish a connection .
I tried this in other hosts like reaper and cantabile , and there the connnection has to be from plugin (architect ) to host , and from host to midi out in order for the hardware to receive the sysex data .
Picture shows NO mdi connection inrenoise , only in architect

Do you have any idea how this is possible
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

At a guess, it could be because Windows opens MIDI devices exclusively. This means that once one application has opened a MIDI device, no other applications can access it until the first application has closed the device. (This was an issue in earlier versions of Architect where if you used a MIDI device as a clock sync, say, you couldn't also use it as an input into the graph. That was fixed a few version ago.)

So it could be something to do with the order that you choose the MIDI devices in different applications?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Yep that was it
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Loomer”