ConvertWithMoss (prev. MultisampleGenerator) - convert multisamples from WAV,multisample,SFZ,SoundFont2,Decent Sampler

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Moss. What are the prospects for adding some check boxes to ignore/include the effects when exporting to DecentSampler format? I can comment them out in the XML file, it's just a bit tedious doing it manually every time, especially when doing batch work.

As a nice bonus, it would be awesome to have a checkbox for mono too, nothing fancy in the code behind, just a global setting for all groups in the preset.

Thanks!
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:09 pm Hi Moss. What are the prospects for adding some check boxes to ignore/include the effects when exporting to DecentSampler format? I can comment them out in the XML file, it's just a bit tedious doing it manually every time, especially when doing batch work.
Will add it to the wishlist.
PieBerger wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:09 pm As a nice bonus, it would be awesome to have a checkbox for mono too, nothing fancy in the code behind, just a global setting for all groups in the preset.
Not sure what you mean. The converter works basically with stereo files or tries to combine mono L/R to stereo as well. What would the Mono setting do?

moss wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:20 am
PieBerger wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:09 pm Hi Moss. What are the prospects for adding some check boxes to ignore/include the effects when exporting to DecentSampler format? I can comment them out in the XML file, it's just a bit tedious doing it manually every time, especially when doing batch work.
PieBerger wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:09 pm As a nice bonus, it would be awesome to have a checkbox for mono too, nothing fancy in the code behind, just a global setting for all groups in the preset.
Not sure what you mean. The converter works basically with stereo files or tries to combine mono L/R to stereo as well. What would the Mono setting do?
Sorry, I should have been more clear, by mono I was referring to monophonic playback i.e. polyphony=1. As described in the documentation monophonic playback can be implemented at multiple levels using tags. In the code example below, I manually updated the XML that CWM created to force all groups to play back with polyphony=1. If possible I would a check box option in CWM that would auto-generate the same code for me.

Code: Select all

<groups tags="monophonic">
        <group>
            <sample/>
            <sample/>...
        </group>
    </groups>
	<tags>
		<tag name="monophonic" polyphony="1" />
	</tags>
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:08 am
moss wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:20 am
Sorry, I should have been more clear, by mono I was referring to monophonic playback i.e. polyphony=1. As described in the documentation monophonic playback can be implemented at multiple levels using tags. In the code example below, I manually updated the XML that CWM created to force all groups to play back with polyphony=1. If possible I would a check box option in CWM that would auto-generate the same code for me.

<groups tags="monophonic">
        <group>
            <sample/>
            <sample/>...
        </group>
    </groups>
	<tags>
		<tag name="monophonic" polyphony="1" />
	</tags>
Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

ConvertWithMoss 2.2.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • New: DecentSampler creator got some additional options:
    • Make monophonic: Restricts the sound to 1 note, use e.g. for lead sounds.
    • Add envelope: Create 4 knobs to edit the amplitude envelope.
    • Add filter: Adds a low pass filter and creates a cutoff and resonance knob for it.
    • Add reverb: Adds a reverb effect and creates two parameter knobs for it.
  • Fixed: WAV detector: Upper velocity layer was not always 127.
Enjoy!

moss wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:19 pm ConvertWithMoss 2.2.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • New: DecentSampler creator got some additional options:
    • Make monophonic: Restricts the sound to 1 note, use e.g. for lead sounds.
    • Add envelope: Create 4 knobs to edit the amplitude envelope.
    • Add filter: Adds a low pass filter and creates a cutoff and resonance knob for it.
    • Add reverb: Adds a reverb effect and creates two parameter knobs for it.
  • Fixed: WAV detector: Upper velocity layer was not always 127.
Enjoy!
Thanks for adding in my feature requests :party:
Always Read the Manual!

Enjoy!
Doesn't open on OS X Mojave:
"ConvertWithMoss ist beschädigt und kann nicht geöffnet werden..."
Tried two different computers...

This line from console might give a clue?
Aug 28 11:27:08 Tjs-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x1000000d.ConvertWithMoss[2047]): Service exited due to SIGKILL | sent by CoreServicesUIAgent[513]

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:38 am

Enjoy!

Aug 28 11:27:08 Tjs-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x1000000d.ConvertWithMoss[2047]): Service exited due to SIGKILL | sent by CoreServicesUIAgent[513]
This message is actually total nonsense, it is Mojave keeping you now away from the software you want to use. :?

To fix it open a console and enter the application folder:

cd /Applications/ConvertWithMoss.app

Then remove the evil flag with:

sudo xattr -rc .

[Enter your password to execute the command]

Will add it to the manual...

moss wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:36 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:38 am

Enjoy!

This message is actually total nonsense, it is Mojave keeping you now away from the software you want to use. :?

To fix it open a console and enter the application folder:

sudo xattr -rc .

Doesn‘t work…
Its a different message than I usually get with non notarized apps. Had never a problem to open those…
And the previous version works fine…

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:51 pm
moss wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:36 pm To fix it open a console and enter the application folder:

sudo xattr -rc .

Doesn‘t work…
Its a different message than I usually get with non notarized apps. Had never a problem to open those…
And the previous version works fine…
Hmm, that's strange. I had the exact same error and could fix it that way. Have you checked that all special flags were really removed from all files?

I have zero knowledge about special flags. How should I check that???

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:59 am I have zero knowledge about special flags. How should I check that???
1. Open a terminal and enter the directory:

~ % cd /Applications/ConvertWithMoss.app
2) There should be only a Contents folder in there:

ConvertWithMoss.app % ls
Contents
3. This lists recursively all special incl. Quarantine flags of the files in the folder:

ConvertWithMoss.app % xattr -lrv .
./Contents/MacOS/ConvertWithMoss: com.apple.quarantine: 0181;612ce4d7;Firefox;EF001E1D-1CAF-4F48-88D2-D0CD1DDA5770
./Contents/MacOS: com.apple.quarantine: 0181;612ce4d7;Firefox;EF001E1D-1CAF-4F48-88D2-D0CD1DDA5770
./Contents/app/javafx-base-16.jar: com.apple.quarantine: 0181;612ce4d7;Firefox;EF001E1D-1CAF-4F48-88D2-D0CD1DDA5770
./Contents/app/sampleconverter-2.2.0.jar: com.apple.quarantine: 0181;612ce4d7;Firefox;EF001E1D-1CAF-4F48-88D2-D0CD1DDA5770
./Contents/app/javafx-web-16.jar: com.apple.quarantine: 0181;612ce4d7;Firefox;EF001E1D-1CAF-4F48-88D2-D0CD1DDA5770
4. Now clear the Quarantine flags on all files in the folder, this requires super access, therefore it has a sudo before the command:

ConvertWithMoss.app % sudo xattr -rc .
Password:
5. Check again for special flags, it should now return nothing:

ConvertWithMoss.app % xattr -lrv . 

There was just the contents folder, nothing to clear. Still claims its corrupted. Maybe it is.
As I said, the previous version opens fine...

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:11 am There was just the contents folder, nothing to clear. Still claims its corrupted. Maybe it is.
As I said, the previous version opens fine...
Yes, there is only the Contents folder. I only added the "ls" so you can see you are in the correct folder to execute the following commands (Step 3-5). Did you do this?

Yes, btw. even the first xattr -lrv did not list anything. And what should have changed between the previous version of ConvertwWithMoss and the new one except for your build? Apple doesn't update Mojave except for security issues...
I did update Java in the past, but then the old version wouldn't run either...
I wonder if others experienced the same problem...
I could try to build it myself from the sources, but have no experience with this...

Return to “Controller Scripting”