No thread for MusicDevelopments Syne?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syne

Yes, I managed to fix Detune as well! I am going to upload an update soon.
In addition I have a working FM module ;)

Thanks again for reporting these bugs! :tu:
I don't know why, but I experienced the same with other software that there are people who stumble on several bugs in a short time, while others are using the same software without issues.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

WasteLand wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:58 pm why not also bin, so to say, algorythms, or more... like Michael Norris Spectral Suite, in a way, those a quite 'standard' algo's... o well i am robbing and rambling, but that is me!
Wow, I did not know about the Spectral Suite. He used FFT. I will try to figure out what each plug-in does by analysing the audio examples...

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:34 am Yes, I managed to fix Detune as well! I am going to upload an update soon.
In addition I have a working FM module ;)

Thanks again for reporting these bugs! :tu:
I don't know why, but I experienced the same with other software that there are people who stumble on several bugs in a short time, while others are using the same software without issues.

Thanks,
Attila
i think mainly workflow, another focus, for example i do beta test modules, for some soft modular, for more developers, but one takes the most time.. i was the only beta tester, tackled bugs and workflow issues, but gladly, you always need more testers, someone tackled some issues we had (the developer and me) never encountered.
and i did, and will do, beta testing again for a soft synth, not all bugs i can tackle, again workflow/focus.

the envelope problem i encountered, but passing time, got my focus, so i thought, well it is me, it does something other. i didn't check it. focus/workflow. because passing time, works for me so well..

by the way, 2 modules are very additive, they get the main focus..

also genre, how one makes music, makes a difference. to catch bugs, or workflow issues.

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:06 am
WasteLand wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:58 pm why not also bin, so to say, algorythms, or more... like Michael Norris Spectral Suite, in a way, those a quite 'standard' algo's... o well i am robbing and rambling, but that is me!
Wow, I did not know about the Spectral Suite. He used FFT. I will try to figure out what each plug-in does by analysing the audio examples...

Thanks,
Attila
we crossed... it is MAC only, it seems VST is in the making, i asked it, no response, so i think it is bit.. well..

he is indeed using FFT, and those algorythms you can easily find, for FFT, or SuperCollider can do also a lot... (don't master it yet, SuperCollider, it is more to learn possibilities.. so, a noob in that way)

but, for example, SuperCollider, you can of course check the classes, and see how it works..
but my knowledge stops at the functions, or algorythms, that are presented for a user..

but bin manipulation, partial manipulation... well, i think, there are of course the simple things; transform, for example. mirror partials, low will be high, and highs low. and all in between, transforming..

this isn't clear. but i hope it will give you some ideas, because it is Syne, it are partials (not bins of course, but in a way...), partial manipulation, can lead to... well, imagination! and now your technique (the latter a lack, and therefore also the imagination, because, well the techniques dictate the possibilities. and if you know them, then you can have imagination...)

EDIT: indeed wow! but only for MAC, and well only windows, i have.. but that kind of stuff i miss, and it seems more people.. for windows.. well in a synth like Syne, it would be great, the Syne way of course...

Another bug
In renoise we have the ability to render a note ( or plural ) to selection , this is like rendering to audio .
Syne does not apply the modulation to the rendered selection , or at least it's broken
A smooth lfo to filter results in stepped modulation when rendered , and pasing time is not even rendered
Midi cc control is rendered ( that's good ) 8)
p.s. .. you need the full version of renoise to render to selection
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I am not sure I understand what "render a note to selection" means. Is it some kind of offline processing? Using the synth plug-in non-realtime? If so, that may not work.

It's just rendering a selection to audio
Eyeball exchanging

I see. At the moment offline/non-realtime rendering won't work reliably. Anything using 'time' will definitely not work :(

So this basically means that it can't be used in production , since almost every daw renders offline
Is this correct ?
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:51 pm So this basically means that it can't be used in production , since almost every daw renders offline
Is this correct ?
:o :o :o :o
Nah, that would be insane :lol:
I'm impressed by you gentleclockdivider that you report those bugs. I tried the demo right after start and gave up because it was so buggy. I do not have the patience to report to devs which are not beta testing. Most obviously bugs where not addresses or found before release.
rabbit in a hole

I'm also glad that Gentleclockdivider has gotten attention to Syne, cause it's a very promising product. I especially like that it can create inharmonic sounds. I tried it with Cubase 11 and it randomly crashed the daw. That is Cubase just disappeared. And tried it with Renoise, but it complained that some patches could not be loaded. I have to try and install it again. Maybe things run better if i run the daws in administrator mode? Will try it.

Autobot wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:57 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:51 pm So this basically means that it can't be used in production , since almost every daw renders offline
Is this correct ?
:o :o :o :o
Nah, that would be insane :lol:
Sadly enough it is true
Just tried in reaper and renoise , rendering a song (lfo applied to filter )
NOne of the modulation is in the rendered file , this is ridiculous :dog: , maybe it's becasue I am using the demo???

You should really put this on your website written with Impact font:'modulation does not work when you're rendering your song '
This synth has great potential , but it's really in alpha stage
Imho you can't charge money when basic features like these are non existant , or at least make your customers aware what they are missing
Eyeball exchanging

indeed a gigantic bug, tried it in Bitwig studio 4.01, a LFO on the filter, no dice, when rendered.

i only did use passing time, i like that, but of course me like also LFO's and shapes, i made a track with Syne, even with the detune module, but not in the same manner as gentle.

also on my laptop standalone, preset saving acts strange, and the 'live' button works, until you play...
preset saving didn't succeed on my laptop standalone now, something overwrites, or better interferes with keyboard, focus stealing, and some other interference..

but you, the dev, were aware?? that is quite strange, i still like Syne, but it seems to me, that Syne needs more developing time ánd testers.

i was mainly busy to make complex partials, with passing time, in the partial editor, or editors.. and with the filter, and of course more modules. evolving, even rythmic textures.

on my laptop (i7-9750h, it uses the build IGP, only when openGL is used, the dedicated is used, that is the way it is nowadays, some laptops still can do it, forcing. o wel), it acts different than on my desktop, i7-6700k, gtx 1060 6gb, now 5900X + gtx 1060 6gb.

i will spend some time on Syne, because i had some goals for it, and it seems now i can't achieve them.

OK, it took 20 minutes to fix offline rendering. v1.2 will be available on Monday with all these fixes and an FM module.
Please be patient with me, this is my very first synth plug-in. :?

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:44 pm OK, it took 20 minutes to fix offline rendering. v1.2 will be available on Monday with all these fixes and an FM module.
Please be patient with me, this is my very first synth plug-in. :?

Thanks,
Attila
Kind of want to try this before the sale is over, but I guess I won't be able to try a working version before the price goes back up?
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”