Arturia SQ 80 V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SQ80 V

I would dl the demo to grab the waveforms, but you need the stupid service center crap, that bloat is a big no no here....

Scotty wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:44 pm There is always a benefit to efficient code.I"'m an owner of a 5950x here as well. I think the poster is referencing this to the free plugin which sounds great and sips the cpu.

briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:42 pm I just buy a strong enough CPU to handle anything. 5950x. Much better investment than more kinda-slightly-different-than-what-I-already-have plugins, if you have to choose between the two.
It also doesn't sound as good.

Sequent wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:37 pm Now to maybe get a Hydrasynth Explorer, which might be a nice mini controller for this as well as the CS80v besides being a very powerful synth.
Besides the SQ80 and the CS-80 plugins, there are currently other instruments in the V-Collection which provide polyphonic pressure as a modulation source, in form of Poly-Aftertouch.

ARP2600 V
Jun-6 V
Jup-8 V
Mellotron V
Modular V
OB-Xa V
Prophet V
SEM V
Synclavier V

Hydrasynth :party: :party: :party:

AnX wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:46 pm
jojoB3 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:18 pm You forgot 'free'. I even said 'free'.

Nobody but you is responsible for your inadequacies.

You offer nothing of interest to me. You and I are done talking. Bye.

AnX wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:12 pm You could say anything without evidence, but evidence of online sales proves otherwise, and 200 is not close, its double, so your point is moot.
So you can't offer any evidence, no surprise there.

Hopefully you'll stick to your word, worthless as it is.
Can you two take the bickering to Private Messages if you must continue? It's really boring for the rest of us. Or one of you act like the adult and let the other have the last word and so the thread can move on?

Regarding the SQ-80: it feels like Arturia got licensing for this. I had asked earlier, but are the waveforms recordings (e.g. single single pcm files) or truly synthesized? I believe it's the former, and if so, I'd expect they'd need to have gotten permission to include the original waveforms in a commercial product like this.

Niowiad wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:12 pm Hydrasynth :party: :party: :party:
The big Hydrasynth Deluxe has the ribbon though. I just wish it offered a more traditional VA layout with more knobs/faders. I'm using a System-8 as my primary controller and would kill for something just like that (i.e. with a comparable number of controls) with Poly AT, a ribbon, and a good keyboard.

That type of thing would pair up perfectly with synths like these from Arturia as well as U-he and others (where you've got a VA or close-enough type layout but poly-AT support).

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bought the ESQ1 synth when it first came out,I had it a long time, absolutely loved it.
I am definitely purchasing the Arturia version of the SQ80

Vortifex wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:31 pm
Arturia named themselves as the designer of the original Ensoniq factory presets included in SQ-80 V, which I'm assuming they'd only do if there was some official licensing agreement, although I would wonder why the original designer wasn't named instead.
I think you are just taking their preset library naming way too literally.
Factory content is labelled as 'Arturia' for sorting purposes, to distinguish it from the artist /preset designer contributions.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:45 pm
gaggle of hermits wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:31 pm it wound up at creative labs/creative technology along with e-mu.

https://trademarks.justia.com/735/24/en ... 24524.html
Creative Labs are the ones who used to make those cheap computer sound cards I think. I never owned one myself so I have no experience with them. So, they are the owners of Ensoniq and E-MU now? interesting.
According to Wikipedia, they were acquired by Creative, respectively, in 1998 and 1993.

jojoB3 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:08 pm No, I own vintage synths. Those who do know exactly all the differences (from sound to workflow).
But, when mouse/and screen are claimed 'easier/better' than working directly on these Ensoniq boards you're definitely going to hear otherwise.

Also, there's little reason for this banter, everyone including myself is here because THEY FINALLY BROUGHT AN ENSONIQ PRODUCT TO THE MASSES (in full).

Sit
Down
Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:11 pm Ok now I know you've received a severe head wound at some point.
Do you simply lack reading comprehension? I own "vintage synths" as well although they never get used these days since in the box programming is so much easier. I spent many hours programming Ensoniq hardware synths.

I'm not "claiming" that programming patches with this VSTi is much easier than programming them from the hardware. It simply is easier. Does the hardware give you visual access to all the synthesis parameters all at one time like the SQ80V does ? Or do you need to hunch over the hardware unit poking tiny buttons going from page to page to page on a tiny display on the hardware unit?

Trying to tell me that using the hardware....something I did for decades....is easier than using the VSTi is quite frankly silly. It just makes you look like someone who clings to the past and is incapable of growth.

So yea....

Sit
Down

But you're right about one thing. Someone finally brought us (a 64 bit) emulation of an Ensoniq synth and added many useful modern features as well like an improved workflow over the hardware.

Anyway I see Rainer Buchty is given special thanks in the SQ80V manual so kudos to him as well. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Etienne1973 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:15 am
Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:49 pm There are still some others I'm missing like Ahhhs. :tu:
Bank: esqx08.SYX > AHHHHS (3rd Patch) :phones:

Ensoniq ESQ Synth Patches (SYX Banks).zip
Thanks, I'll import that bank now. "AHHHHS" was one of my favorite sounds from the ESQ-1. :)

I've been going through some of the .syx banks and editing some of the best patches, adding FX etc and saving them to the User folder so when I get more done I'll upload them here. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Any news about the licensing issue? Cant't wait to get my hands on the full version. Big fan of the unique Ensoniq sound and I've been waiting for years for some emulation like this to show up.

I'm thinking that Arturia wouldn't have proceeded with the project without some agreement. It's possible Creative let their rights to the Ensoniq intellectual property lapse or Creative is on board.

Hi all, and you too Arturia
I have now tried to import some sounds from my hardware SQ80 to make some comparisons with Arturia SQ80-V and also SQ8L

The most attack patches sounds wrong in Arturia SQ80
I have made an audio file which shows it very clearly.
It plays in this order: Ensoniq SQ80, SQ8L and last Arturia
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12glJqw ... sp=sharing
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Return to “Instruments”