Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.9 update

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
73 posts since 10 Aug, 2021

Post Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:29 pm

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:25 pm
I like blue one,but after two minutes using it cakewalk crash badly so return to default red one - that why don't like to change the skins but to deal with sound :)
Cheer :)
Thanks! Did you do anything with the skins in the folder while Viper was running? That can crash things (with any skin). Otherwise i don't see how changing the skin would matter, it's just the original skin with some color editing. Very likely just bad luck.
LeVzi wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:49 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So much coffee and tea that the displays changed color, incredible! :hihi:

User avatar
KVRian
1247 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from The Future

Post Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:08 pm

No offense, you did great job,cakewalk crash coincidence maybe :)
Cheers :)

KVRist
73 posts since 10 Aug, 2021

Post Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:57 am

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:08 pm
No offense, you did great job,cakewalk crash coincidence maybe :)
Cheers :)
It is good that you posted about the crash, it is very unlikely to be related to the skin but i cannot say it's 100% impossible since i have no insight into the actual synth :tu:

KVRAF
3358 posts since 3 Oct, 2013 from Budapest

Post Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:44 am

I would like to say thanks for the tooltips, so thanks for the tooltips :)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

KVRAF
9293 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:20 pm

So I finally downloaded this update, expecting to find that nice white skin shown earlier in this thread. But it's not included in the four that comes with it. Why was that teased and then not included? Possible to download?
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

User avatar
GRRRRRRR!
12492 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:06 pm

Whoops! Wrong thread.
Last edited by BONES on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win10(64), Evo8 | Studio One | JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Odyssey, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, GR-8, Thorn, Equator, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro Desktop, Uno, Rocket.

KVRian

Topic Starter

955 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:31 pm

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:20 pm
So I finally downloaded this update, expecting to find that nice white skin shown earlier in this thread. But it's not included in the four that comes with it. Why was that teased and then not included? Possible to download?
:dog: Page 170
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

KVRAF
9293 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:38 pm

adamtrance wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:31 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:20 pm
So I finally downloaded this update, expecting to find that nice white skin shown earlier in this thread. But it's not included in the four that comes with it. Why was that teased and then not included? Possible to download?
:dog: Page 170
Thanks. Didn't see that in the update email.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

KVRAF
5528 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:54 pm

BONES wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:06 pm
I haven't even bothered to look at the skins, the default one is excellent. It is one of the clearest, easiest to use VSTi I have ever encountered.
These 2 other "unofficial" skins are made to look similar to Virus Control plugin, so they make sense for the people coming from using a Virus TI.

I ended up with using the white one, it makes the Viper's sound 2.786 pecent more similar to Virus Snow according to the scientific placebo controlled ABX tests I performed using my cat and my daughter's doll as the test group.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/s ... travels-ep

User avatar
GRRRRRRR!
12492 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm

I posted this in the wrong thread (thought it was Saurus). I've since deleted the post. I have looked at the other Viper skins, though, and I much prefer the default.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win10(64), Evo8 | Studio One | JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Odyssey, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, GR-8, Thorn, Equator, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro Desktop, Uno, Rocket.

User avatar
KVRian
1350 posts since 17 Nov, 2007 from Europe

Post Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:01 am

BONES wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:04 pm
I posted this in the wrong thread (thought it was Saurus). I've since deleted the post. I have looked at the other Viper skins, though, and I much prefer the default.
LOL bones ur 😎 :p

KVRAF
3358 posts since 3 Oct, 2013 from Budapest

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:43 pm

I love the "New Analog filter in Filter 1."s I was able to play the prev 2.5 hours with them and one single oscillator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_lTyJbh2QY
poor Virus runs away at the end :lol:

ps. an A/B function would be nice in it, as can be seen on the video for ex. if it is used in a wrapper for ex inside a BC Patchwork... Cubase A/B all the plugins in it so not so comfy
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

KVRian

Topic Starter

955 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:08 am

xbitz wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:43 pm
I love the "New Analog filter in Filter 1."s I was able to play the prev 2.5 hours with them and one single oscillator

ps. an A/B function would be nice in it, as can be seen on the video for ex. if it is used in a wrapper for ex inside a BC Patchwork... Cubase A/B all the plugins in it so not so comfy
Cool trance vibes! Yeah, an A/B function would be cool, but I dont know how hard it would be to implement, maybe I can take a look at that one day.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

User avatar
KVRian
1247 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from The Future

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 am

Man pleeeeease do more filters :)
Cheers :)

KVRAF
9293 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:15 am

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:44 am
Man pleeeeease do more filters :)
Cheers :)
I think the filters are great as is. I'd like to see more virus TI type oscillator modes. All the weird stuff like graintables that give cool textures.

Liking that white Virus TI rip off skin by the way.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

Return to “Instruments”