Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What bugs me is that I recently bought EZX packs for which I already owned the included midi packs. Toontrack tells me they no longer swap out redundant midi packs (they used to do this for users).

So Now I can’t even try to sell these redundant midi packs. I asked Toontrack if they would waive the 15$ fee in this instance and they said no.

Seems like bad sportsmanship to me.

If Toontrack continues this policy, I propose a total boycott on Toontrack MIDI Packs. Is there any support for this? Any suggestions on organizing?

I have recently sold several Black Rooster Audio plugins. Just writing to helpdesk@blackroosteraudio.com telling the Black Rooster account e-mail of the new owner is required. The transfers have been fast for a manual, in less than two days always, sometimes in the same day.

Has anybody transferred iZotope's Exponential Audio products, like Excalibur?

I know iZotope license transfers are possible & free, but Excalibur also requires iLok, and I keep reading about iLok transfer fees. Would this be relevant if I wanted to sell a license for Excalibur?

Valhalla plugins:
"If you purchased this product you may transfer your license to another person. As the original owner you are required to initiate the transfer through the user account system on the Valhalla DSP website, so that the new owner can receive the updates and support attached to the license. Upon transferring a license, the original owner must remove any copies from their machines and are no longer permitted to use the software."

And the support page said:

> the administrative fee, which needs to be completed for each serial number you want to transfer

which means those MIDI packs are virtually untransferable now.

I love my SD3 but now I won't grab any other MIDI pack unless it goes on $10 sale.

I have a redundant Toontrack POP! midi pack (I own the EZX). Is anyone else in the same situation as me interested in a trade? (we each cover the license transfer fee on our end), still ends up cheaper than buying a new license.

kovacs wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:29 pm I posted a question in their forum over here:
https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/ ... nsfer-fee/
Rather poor and unapologetic response from the Toontrack reps there. Initially trying to deflect to 1:1 support channels, and making absolutely no acknowledgement that this might hurt some users.

Does Zynaptiq allows lisence reselling/transferring?

barczabass wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:17 am Does Zynaptiq allows lisence reselling/transferring?
They apparently use the PACE (free iLok account) protection scheme now, (previously they used eSellerate) so I think maybe they would also allow transfers for $25 in keeping with that program. I checked the site and did not find any acknowledgement of whether they do - I may have a moment to contact them later tomorrow if I don't forget. In the meantime I am adding this because I wasted 10 minutes searching :D

Does anyone know if I can transfer my entire iZotope account?
And the same with my iLock account?

Thanks.

iamtheblackadder wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:14 am Does anyone know if I can transfer my entire iZotope account?

Thanks.
As you can transfer any of your Izotope licences, just ask them to transfer them all to one person.
Not sure about ilok stuff.

agharta wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:01 pm
iamtheblackadder wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:14 am Does anyone know if I can transfer my entire iZotope account?

Thanks.
As you can transfer any of your Izotope licences, just ask them to transfer them all to one person.
Not sure about ilok stuff.
OK, thanks.

I understand Korg does not have license transfer, but I have seen people selling their accounts. I am thinking about selling my account containing WAVESTATION. Would this be OK? By the looks of it, it looks easy to change the details.

Hi all. Just wanted to say this thread is really useful and has already helped me out.

Is there a definitive list anywhere of vendors that allow you to resell your plugins? Would be easier than paging through the whole thread.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”