Expressive E Imagine, physical modeling synth plugin in collaboration with AAS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Imagine

Expressive E might get greater uptick on their software if they offered demo/trial versions. Just a thought. 😉
Duality without regard to physicality

Who got on the express bandwagon?
<List your stupid gear here>

Not I, as I’ve got Chromaphone and this just appears to be an updated GUI with a few different/more bells and whistles.
Duality without regard to physicality

I bought it as I have Touché and it is great in Lie with all the pre-sets mapped.

I also have AAS and AAS again in Live Suite, but it's basilcay the cost of a couple of pre-set packs (which you Also cant demo normally!) so I am OK with it with just buying it (it was £55 UK) and I am really enjoying it with the Touché.

I will probably sell AAS suite now as Chromaphone was the only one I used, so I may end making a few quid ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

AAS synths don't have a non retriggering mono mode when played legato. Is this the same or does it have a real legato?
Yorgos Simeonidis

SLiC wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:33 pm I bought it as I have Touché and it is great in Lie with all the pre-sets mapped.

I also have AAS and AAS again in Live Suite, but it's basilcay the cost of a couple of pre-set packs (which you Also cant demo normally!) so I am OK with it with just buying it (it was £55 UK) and I am really enjoying it with the Touché.

I will probably sell AAS suite now as Chromaphone was the only one I used, so I may end making a few quid ;-)
Hi SLiC. I was just wondering about you saying you got it for £55. Was that because you got an extra discount for owning a Touché? Because their price of €83.40 seems to convert to about £70. Just wondering if there's a secret discount code or something that I'm not privy to? Cheers.

SLiC wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:00 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:37 pm
trackbout wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:07 am They keep making synths that I assume MUST be MPE, but are confusingly not. Still, looks and sounds awesome. Hopefully MPE is on the road map.
Was shocked that Noisy wasn't MPE. Not unexpected this time.
Well, they don't have an MPE Controller yet, but it is very expressive and plays out of the box with the Touché which they do have! I cant imagen they wont have these fully set up for the Osmose with special pre-sets using all of the Osmoses unique MPE expression (like MPE Arp) when it finally arrives!

(I hope so anyway as I have both, but until then the Touché makes these worth having)
Yeah, the way the language is on their marketing, it seems like this one might be MPE compatible, but oddly isn't. I asked them about MPE compatibility with Noisy, and they said they were working on it... must be slow going. :?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Expressive E sez they themselves can't Imagine MPE because AAS would need to do it (and their instruments have no MPE).
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

My one gripe with Chromaphone is the GUI is difficult to read. I just grabbed the manual for Imagine and it looks like the GUI is resizable. Is anyone able to let me know if the text resizes along with the GUI? Some programs have resizable GUIs but not text. Some resize the fixed text on the GUI but not the browser.

Thanks!
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Chromaphone and all their other plugins are resizable (including text)...

Hmm…
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Michael L wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:01 pm Expressive E sez they themselves can't Imagine MPE because AAS would need to do it (and their instruments have no MPE).
I wonder what their excuse is for not making Noisy MPE?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Michael L wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:01 pm Expressive E sez they themselves can't Imagine MPE because AAS would need to do it (and their instruments have no MPE).
OK, but their sales pitch was:

'It has been a real pleasure to collaborate with Expressive E in the creation of Imagine. At the forefront of a new generation of controllers that provide multidimensional expression, their expertise proved to be a perfect match for our physical modeling technology. Clearly the best of both worlds.'

So Expressive E were supposed to be providing the expression knowhow, and AAS the physical modelling expertise. I would have thought the whole point of that would be to overcome the limitations AAS synths have in that respect, not still be constrained by them.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:59 amI would have thought
and entire threads have been similarly devoted to speculating why AAS does not do the obvious.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Need a demo to try or no buy.

Return to “Instruments”