Sonic Academy ANA 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

Stan Navi wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:36 am
Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:41 pm It's a shame there are no new skins for existing users. Would quite like some new ones!
Hi!
Go to Slate Digital -> Installers -> install their Ana2 Ultra Bundle -> have a fun
(it should work if you have Ana 2 license)
Is there anyway to get that without creating an account on their site?

recursive one wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:34 am
LeVzi wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:42 am I bought it earlier before I left for the gym lolol I couldn't resist at that price tbh
Cool, now that you have Ana, I think you'll skip the gym more often :tu:
Haha there hasn't been a synth invented yet that can stop my gym time tbh lol it's a necessary addiction
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Stan Navi wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:36 am Go to Slate Digital -> Installers -> install their Ana2 Ultra Bundle -> have a fun
(it should work if you have Ana 2 license)
I had to create an account and downloaded it, but then when you try to open it in the DAW it asks for iLok info. Uninstalling it now, as it doesn't work if you just have a regular Ana 2 license.

i think if you reinstall ana2 from sonic academy over the top, you will wind up with the right bits. the only major difference, other than the extra slate content, is the executable, which should get replaced by the sonic installer. or you can back up the config files, uninstall and then copy the extra bits back.

alternatively, if you're on mac, you can use Pacifist to open the installer payload and drag the bits from there.

the skins are separate and go into the GUI folder in the ana2 app-support/configuration folders. you should find a ton of presets in the slate download as well that go into the Preset/Sound Presets/DLC folder. i think there are some wavetables.

The other day I had a twinge of nostalgia and installed Absynth 5 but as soon as I opened it up,that 1GB install was tinged with regrets...

With a miniscule GUI in retro green,lack lustre filters and a slew of other downsides,I knew that there were better choices available now...

Absynth used to be a leader back in the day,but the game has changed since NI shifted their focus and neglected their standalone synths...

So I started at the letter "A" and knew that ANA 2 could cover most of Absynth's sonic territory and so much more with single cycle,wavetable and sample import for starters...

One of the things I like in Absynth is the comb filter,but ANA2 has a comb filter and a gazzilion other filters and modulation options too...

The deeper I dig,the more I appreciate the different facets of this synth...

It has so many sonic possibilities...

ANA 2 has already retired a few other synths I was using and it has become one of my main workhorses...

I gave it a 5 star review here on KVR and it deserves every one of those stars....and more :tu:
No auto tune...

anyone subscribe to slate digital obtain all the presets then stop sub finding that this process was worth it.

The cool thing is that you don't need any of the Slate content to make ANA 2 sound great...

Slate doesn't add any core features to the synth :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:26 am The cool thing is that you don't need any of the Slate content to make ANA 2 sound great...

Slate doesn't add any core features to the synth :wink:
I have ANA from Sonic but want the presets from Slate. Just wondering if the process is a pain and worth it and how many presets one gets. I read about that you have to reinstall over with the Slate version for it to work? I like the synth. But if it's a pain I'll look for another synth to use more.

on Mac i simply downloaded the Slate installer, in the installer i chose 'install content only' or whatever the option was called, and the plugin didn't get overwritten. Done.

#FACTS: Buying individual
plugins is expensive
and outdated.
Taken off the slate site.

No , it isn't outdated at all. It's still the preferred method because people don't want to feed companies like yours. I would rent to own if you offered that, but you don't. So i'd go down that road with Splice over Slate anything.

I'd like the ANA 2 presets, but I am not touching Slate ever.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Ana2 has some good features but overlaps what I already have.
I wouldn't mind the CMD and ARP as a separate midi plugin, a bit like how Xfer sell Cthulhu.

Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

The sale - there's no sale for the Ultimate Presets bundle, right? I see that listed at $294 USD... is that the normal price for the bundle?

Also, KVR lists Ana 2 as using a keyfile for copy protection... is that still accurate? I think Kick 2 went to C/R at some point (I'm still running a keyfile version, didn't update). I have to imagine Ana 2 is using C/R now too... yeah?

keyfile

Really good sound but patch switching is a little slow
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Return to “Instruments”