Arturia SQ 80 V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SQ80 V

Sequent wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:34 pm If you have Analog Lab installed you can also get them from there.
But will they then show up in "My Banks" in the SQ80V plugin? I already have the banks installed but for those who haven't done so yet.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:40 pm
Sequent wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:34 pm If you have Analog Lab installed you can also get them from there.
But will they then show up in "My Banks" in the SQ80V plugin? I already have the banks installed but for those who haven't done so yet.
Yes they do

Cool. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Is the SQ80v supposed to show up in Analog Lab or do we need an update for that? I cant find it there. Sorry if that has been asked before...
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

I believe there was a recent update, but yes, SQ80 V does show up in Analog Lab as one of the synths, and then you can click on it to deep edit the preset as long as you have a license.

I opted to import the new banks via Analog Lab just to make sure that they are put in the right place. Once installed they show up in SQ80 V as well even if you are not going via Analog Lab.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:09 pm My pleasure. So were they available to download and install in the ASC or did you have to manually download? It will be good to know for other people going forward.
They weren't in the ASC at the time, I downloaded them and installed them

goldenanalog wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:03 am
Edouard Arturia wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:56 pm Hello people.
I just wanted to say thank you for the kind words here, even the non-fanboys delivered some love, so I felt the need to send some love too :wink:
SQ80 was a really fun project, I've enjoyed working on it and I'm really pleased to see the product out now.
I hope you will enjoy exchanging and importing your presets and can't way to hear some songs posted here.
All the best & keep making great music.
Hi! Thanks for stopping by, Edouard!

You guys at Arturia are really getting a lot of things right nowadays - I'll definitely be buying your SQ80 reinvented/virtualized in a week or so. So far my current gen fave of your V collection is the the 4th version of the Sup Jup - it sounds great! But in fairness: overall CPU usage for it as well as many of your V's is still pretty high. Yes, a fast computer helps to mitigate the cpu load, but it's still noticeable.

OK: If I can bother you with my personal $64,000 question: when is the CS-80V's odometer going to roll over to 4.X? Can you at least confirm that it's either being currently reworked, or slated for deep dive code rewriting soon?

Thanks! -GA
Thanks for the kind words !
Sadly , CPU usage is directly related to the fact that it sounds good.
We push the modelling deeper, resulting in more natural and organic sounding engines.
It's like sport cars, these comsume more fuel than the regular ones 😁

About the next updates, I can say that we are happy to keep updating our old engines.
And of course we aim at working on the ones people are eager so see updated.
So in your opinion which one will be the next?

Any response to the technical issues brought up here or on the Arturia forums regarding the SQ80V ?

In my opinion, maybe CS80 v?

Regarding the CPU usage... today it may be a problem but in a year or so it may not be as people upgrade their computers. Personally, I think you did a fairly good job of finding the middle ground between usability and sports car performance. My computer is getting a bit long in the tooth, but I'm still able to play SQ80 V with no issues.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:30 pm Any response to the technical issues brought up here or on the Arturia forums regarding the SQ80V ?
I was in superbooth and I'm off this week, so I didn't have the chance to look into it, I'm reading your posts right now, but if users are reporting issues to our support team, the complaints will be referenced and this is def where our efforts will be focused in the next update !
I'd recommend to report issues you may have encountered to our support to make sure it will be fixed !

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:03 am So, I have a question about the Transwaves. The only Transwave synth I ever owned was the TS-10, and when you went though the positions you got a totally different deal. I feel like the SQ-80 V is just doing something like a width modulation and not really modeling the behavior of Transwaves. That said, I don’t know what the VFX was like.
The original VFX transwaves are the "X" waves found in the list.
In the Transwaves:
- Some are classic wavetables, where the wave control morphs into the different layers of the table.
- Some others are using a pwm algorithm

On top of that we decided to add all the SQ80 wavea and apply the same pwm algorithm found in the VFX Transwave to offer a wider panel of modulatable waves.

Edouard Arturia wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:43 pm I'm reading your posts right now, but if users are reporting issues to our support team, the complaints will be referenced and this is def where our efforts will be focused in the next update !
I'd recommend to report issues you may have encountered to our support to make sure it will be fixed !
Ok fair enough that's all we can ask. Is it better to post issues on your forums or should we create a support ticket?

Support reaueats are definitely easier to track for the QA and directly drives the bug fixes priority 😁

Edouard Arturia wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:10 pm So in your opinion which one will be the next?
I think that the Mini and the Prophet 5 need (another) rework in order to keep up with the competition, and they are kind of "core" instruments. A Korg MS-20 model will find a lot of lovers, too, since the Korg plugin is a bit dated. However, I must say, personally, I have more fun with the digital synths (this also applies for the Prophet VS part) and they are all imo quite good. Maybe you could just add an RMI Harmonic Synthesizer to the collectoin as it was the first (commercial) digital synth and is very rare (the other missing classics - M1, Wavestation, D-50, PPG Wave - are all available from the original companies resp. their successors)

Cheers, AKJ

Edouard Arturia wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:10 pm
Sadly , CPU usage is directly related to the fact that it sounds good.
We push the modelling deeper, resulting in more natural and organic sounding engines.
It's like sport cars, these comsume more fuel than the regular ones 😁

About the next updates, I can say that we are happy to keep updating our old engines.
And of course we aim at working on the ones people are eager so see updated.
So in your opinion which one will be the next?
Hi Edouard,
Thanks to Arturia for another cool synth, SQ80V looks and sounds great. CPU usage is OK for me, though my system is pretty new.
I also vote for CS80V in the next update.

Return to “Instruments”