Sonarworks SoundID Reference

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRist
356 posts since 25 Sep, 2002 from Chicago

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:35 am

For a DAW, I'd run it as a plugin in a slot that does not get processed on export. In Cubase/Nuendo, that would be on a monitor insert. So far, I've stayed with version 4. On another computer I am running SoundID in systemwide but not all apps like it. Even with all the issues, it has made my mixes translate so much better. definitely worth the effort to use.

Banned
102 posts since 23 Jul, 2021

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:42 am

Yeah, Studio One has the "listen bus" that I use it in.

User avatar
KVRist
222 posts since 30 Jul, 2017

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:33 am

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:18 pm
By some strange coincidence, shortly after SoundID was released, I had to reinstall Reference4 every single day, because the volume of all the programs in Windows was constantly being turned down by 87% (and it has nothing to do with the "Safe headroom"). After a reinstall this behavior stops for about a day.
If it is, what I don't even want to think it is, it would truly be a new word in marketing.
Update: upgrading to SoundID didn't fix this issue; although I found an easier temporary fix for it:
1. Quit "Sonarworks systemwide",
2. Restart "Windows Audio" service,
3. Start "Sonarworks systemwide".

KVRer
5 posts since 16 Aug, 2017

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 pm

so this may be a ridiculous question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

How does one remove a calibration profile? I can't seem to find any way to do it. I have way too many and was looking to prune some.

User avatar
KVRAF
4566 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:38 pm

eelpout wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 pm
so this may be a ridiculous question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

How does one remove a calibration profile? I can't seem to find any way to do it. I have way too many and was looking to prune some.
I tried the demo. I own the prevous Reference 4 version. I couldnting figure out the UX in SoundID. So I uninstalled and went back to Reference.

KVRian

Topic Starter

859 posts since 8 Oct, 2019

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:21 am

eelpout wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 pm
so this may be a ridiculous question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

How does one remove a calibration profile? I can't seem to find any way to do it. I have way too many and was looking to prune some.
You could just delete the file in the finder/explorer...

KVRist
54 posts since 22 May, 2019

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:53 pm

gondii wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:21 am
eelpout wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 pm
so this may be a ridiculous question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

How does one remove a calibration profile? I can't seem to find any way to do it. I have way too many and was looking to prune some.
You could just delete the file in the finder/explorer...
Or even simpler: open SoundID Reference, hover the mouse cursor over the preset you want to delete, then on the right of it you'll see a button with three dots appear in place of the green FLT sign (labeled "Actions"). Click on this button, there you'll find the "Delete" action:
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 18.51.50.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRAF
3984 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Post Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:40 pm

plexuss wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:38 pm
eelpout wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 pm
so this may be a ridiculous question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

How does one remove a calibration profile? I can't seem to find any way to do it. I have way too many and was looking to prune some.
I tried the demo. I own the prevous Reference 4 version. I couldnting figure out the UX in SoundID. So I uninstalled and went back to Reference.
Interesting experience - and not the first time I've heard this. I'm sticking with Reference 4 Headphones for now as it seems stable-ish (always small audio ticks and glitches, always). There's even a new update for it that I'm reluctant to install.

One thing I did do was disable Systemwide on Windows startup - as it just got in the way of everything. Every app you opened, it wanted to assign a new profile etc. I only launch it if I need it now, otherwise stick to the Headphones plugin in the DAW, where I find it very useful for calibrating my AKG's (mixed phase, 70% mix).

User avatar
KVRAF
4566 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:02 pm

MogwaiBoy wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:40 pm
plexuss wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:38 pm
eelpout wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 pm
so this may be a ridiculous question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

How does one remove a calibration profile? I can't seem to find any way to do it. I have way too many and was looking to prune some.
I tried the demo. I own the prevous Reference 4 version. I couldnting figure out the UX in SoundID. So I uninstalled and went back to Reference.
Interesting experience - and not the first time I've heard this. I'm sticking with Reference 4 Headphones for now as it seems stable-ish (always small audio ticks and glitches, always). There's even a new update for it that I'm reluctant to install.

One thing I did do was disable Systemwide on Windows startup - as it just got in the way of everything. Every app you opened, it wanted to assign a new profile etc. I only launch it if I need it now, otherwise stick to the Headphones plugin in the DAW, where I find it very useful for calibrating my AKG's (mixed phase, 70% mix).
On macPOS I dont use Systemwide either. I use SoundSource and use Ref 4 as a plugin

KVRer
5 posts since 16 Aug, 2017

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:25 am

sguyader wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:53 pm
gondii wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:21 am
eelpout wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 pm
so this may be a ridiculous question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

How does one remove a calibration profile? I can't seem to find any way to do it. I have way too many and was looking to prune some.
You could just delete the file in the finder/explorer...
Or even simpler: open SoundID Reference, hover the mouse cursor over the preset you want to delete, then on the right of it you'll see a button with three dots appear in place of the green FLT sign (labeled "Actions"). Click on this button, there you'll find the "Delete" action:
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 18.51.50.png
I've tried deleting the individual .swhp files inside the AppData or Library folders. That doesn't do it, once they are added to the cached database they appear to stick.

Also, deleting the FLT preset that one makes doesn't remove the headphone profiles added that I've found. they appear to be independent of that.

I have this question/ticket in to SonarWorks but they haven't responded yet. Said they'll need at least 3 days to do so.

FYI here is my view, you may notice that the "Add..." has scrolled off the list. :)

(the reason there are so many is for trying out profiles on headphones I have that have no native one)
SoundID Screenshot 2021-09-22 124840.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Banned
2 posts since 10 Oct, 2021

Post Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:23 am

Can you import the ear-test profile from the SoundID app into SoundID Reference?

Banned
2 posts since 10 Oct, 2021

Post Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:51 am

Is anyone using the new feature for the Anubis? Does it map out the detailed curve, or just match the Anubis's 5-point eq as closely as possible?

Return to “Effects”