Sonarworks SoundID Reference

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For a DAW, I'd run it as a plugin in a slot that does not get processed on export. In Cubase/Nuendo, that would be on a monitor insert. So far, I've stayed with version 4. On another computer I am running SoundID in systemwide but not all apps like it. Even with all the issues, it has made my mixes translate so much better. definitely worth the effort to use.

Yeah, Studio One has the "listen bus" that I use it in.

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:18 am By some strange coincidence, shortly after SoundID was released, I had to reinstall Reference4 every single day, because the volume of all the programs in Windows was constantly being turned down by 87% (and it has nothing to do with the "Safe headroom"). After a reinstall this behavior stops for about a day.
If it is, what I don't even want to think it is, it would truly be a new word in marketing.
Update: upgrading to SoundID didn't fix this issue; although I found an easier temporary fix for it:
1. Quit "Sonarworks systemwide",
2. Restart "Windows Audio" service,
3. Start "Sonarworks systemwide".

so this may be a ridiculous question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

How does one remove a calibration profile? I can't seem to find any way to do it. I have way too many and was looking to prune some.

eelpout wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:15 am so this may be a ridiculous question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

How does one remove a calibration profile? I can't seem to find any way to do it. I have way too many and was looking to prune some.
I tried the demo. I own the prevous Reference 4 version. I couldnting figure out the UX in SoundID. So I uninstalled and went back to Reference.

eelpout wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:15 am so this may be a ridiculous question, but I can't seem to figure it out.

You could just delete the file in the finder/explorer...

gondii wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:21 am

Or even simpler: open SoundID Reference, hover the mouse cursor over the preset you want to delete, then on the right of it you'll see a button with three dots appear in place of the green FLT sign (labeled "Actions"). Click on this button, there you'll find the "Delete" action:
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 18.51.50.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

plexuss wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:38 am

I tried the demo. I own the prevous Reference 4 version. I couldnting figure out the UX in SoundID. So I uninstalled and went back to Reference.
Interesting experience - and not the first time I've heard this. I'm sticking with Reference 4 Headphones for now as it seems stable-ish (always small audio ticks and glitches, always). There's even a new update for it that I'm reluctant to install.

One thing I did do was disable Systemwide on Windows startup - as it just got in the way of everything. Every app you opened, it wanted to assign a new profile etc. I only launch it if I need it now, otherwise stick to the Headphones plugin in the DAW, where I find it very useful for calibrating my AKG's (mixed phase, 70% mix).

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:40 am
plexuss wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:38 am

Interesting experience - and not the first time I've heard this. I'm sticking with Reference 4 Headphones for now as it seems stable-ish (always small audio ticks and glitches, always). There's even a new update for it that I'm reluctant to install.

One thing I did do was disable Systemwide on Windows startup - as it just got in the way of everything. Every app you opened, it wanted to assign a new profile etc. I only launch it if I need it now, otherwise stick to the Headphones plugin in the DAW, where I find it very useful for calibrating my AKG's (mixed phase, 70% mix).
On macPOS I dont use Systemwide either. I use SoundSource and use Ref 4 as a plugin

sguyader wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:53 pm
gondii wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:21 am

Or even simpler: open SoundID Reference, hover the mouse cursor over the preset you want to delete, then on the right of it you'll see a button with three dots appear in place of the green FLT sign (labeled "Actions"). Click on this button, there you'll find the "Delete" action:
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 18.51.50.png
I've tried deleting the individual .swhp files inside the AppData or Library folders. That doesn't do it, once they are added to the cached database they appear to stick.

Also, deleting the FLT preset that one makes doesn't remove the headphone profiles added that I've found. they appear to be independent of that.

I have this question/ticket in to SonarWorks but they haven't responded yet. Said they'll need at least 3 days to do so.

FYI here is my view, you may notice that the "Add..." has scrolled off the list. :)

(the reason there are so many is for trying out profiles on headphones I have that have no native one)
SoundID Screenshot 2021-09-22 124840.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Can you import the ear-test profile from the SoundID app into SoundID Reference?

Is anyone using the new feature for the Anubis? Does it map out the detailed curve, or just match the Anubis's 5-point eq as closely as possible?

Anyone have this working on an Apple Silicon M1 Mac? I just got a 14" MacBook Pro, the plugin doesn't appear to work under a DAW. the standalone version runs, but selecting a headphone calibration profile doesn't actually do anything to the audio on playback. Huurumph. :/

Edit: got it working by throwing everything away piece by piece, including the support files in the Library and now it works. :tu:

plexuss wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:02 pm
On macPOS I dont use Systemwide either. I use SoundSource and use Ref 4 as a plugin
Thank you for this tip, much appreciated! I just installed SoundSource and ran Reference 4 as a plugin, and finally all the glitches, cracks and drop-outs are gone.

Yep. That has always worked best here as well. Never used Systemwide.

Return to “Effects”