Waveform 11 processing algorithms

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,

i'm using Waveform 11 on Windows 10 with the experimental engine, and I was wondering, what the differences between the various processing algorithms are. Its been set to Hybrid by default ever since the new enginge came out. Popup help doesnt show any info, so i tried to do some research (User Guide, Forums,...) but could only find a short description for the first three algorithms.
So I'd be thankful, if anyone could explain (or link a resource) what the differences/characteristics/usage scenarios for "Signaling", "Real-Time", "Hybrid", "Semaphore", "Lightweight Semaphore" and "Hybrid Semaphore" are.

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone done any in-depth testing with the algorithms? They all seem to work for me but with slight differences in CPU load. They all seem stable with no glitching.
Real Time: Tracktion CPU meter 86-87%
Hybrid: 83-85%
Semaphore: 81-82%
Lightweight Semaphore: 81-82%
Hybrid Semaphore: 81-82%
Disabled: 77-78%
This is on a Dell G3, i78750H CPU, 16Gig RAM, Win10 v21H1, onboard audio with ASIO4ALL, 44.1 Hz, 480 samples buffer.

Steve Bolivar wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:33 pm Has anyone done any in-depth testing with the algorithms? They all seem to work for me but with slight differences in CPU load. They all seem stable with no glitching.
Real Time: Tracktion CPU meter 86-87%
Hybrid: 83-85%
Semaphore: 81-82%
Lightweight Semaphore: 81-82%
Hybrid Semaphore: 81-82%
Disabled: 77-78%
This is on a Dell G3, i78750H CPU, 16Gig RAM, Win10 v21H1, onboard audio with ASIO4ALL, 44.1 Hz, 480 samples buffer.
I watched a video on YT not long ago that covered some of the engine stuff. Unfortunately, I don’t remember what it was called.

bump because i'm wondering the same thing as OP.

Return to “Tracktion”