E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

Wow Codec Spurt you spent a lot of time making that unnecessary attack. Classy move and a great way to spend your time. :tu:

Hey keep stunting the growth of a great sounding synth if you it think accomplishes some goal.

To me it's a shame and a waste of potential.

But once again I am reminded of the old saying....Simple things amuse simple minds. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Lol if you think it's a simple synth for simple minded people, leave the thread. The dev probably isn't going to redesign the underlying architecture of the synth for some niche feature, get over it. Go make your own synth if you think that is an easy task.

Not trying to defend codec spurts post, either.

I did leave the thread but I do check for updates in hopes that some new features will be added.

I wasn't going to let the unnecessary attack of codec spurt go unanswered.

I find it hilarious that people say I can ignore a broken "feature" in the synth but fight tooth and nail against any new feature they don't want or understand even though they too could just simply ignore it.

Perhaps you should leave the thread if you have nothing positive to contribute. I've already contributed patches twice and have complimented the sound quality of the synth countless times.

Again it's a great sounding synth. I just think it's a shame that it's so limited in the range of sounds it can make. Liking the sounds a synth can make and not wanting to make more sounds for that synth with expanded capabilities makes no sense to me.

If you think you're allowed an opinion and I'm not then we have nothing more to talk about.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:41 pm don't want or understand
You've mischaracterized the arguments people have given, multiple times, even after being corrected. And then here you again mischaracterize their arguments with some added egotism. Your request isn't rocket science, people understand it. If the dev wanted to add the feature, literally no one would say that they don't want an extra feature, all other things being equal. But all other things are not equal.

Funny also how you continue saying others are fighting against features, when you are the only person in the thread harping about taking a feature away. :clap: :clap: :clap:. If the dev decides to change the underlying architecture of the synth to add the niche feature, cool, that's perfectly fine. I may use the feature, I dunno. I hope

Definitely feel free to continue having a long-form ego meltdown about how the dev of an almost-free synth wont change the synths architecture to placate your niche feature request that no other similar synth has. You're essentially complaining that they're not doing a bunch of extra work without getting paid. Maybe you can contact them so that you can personally pay them an hourly wage in order for the feature you want to be implemented? Try asking. If I were in the dev's shoes, I would probably take you up on that offer if you paid me a very good hourly rate for every hour I had to work to get your feature completed, of course with the initial price you paid for the plugin subtracted from the total.

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:10 am you are the only person in the thread harping about taking a feature away.
Yes I simply suggested that the broken Arp routing feature might as well be removed since it doesn't work.

All I did was report a bug in the software as I have done countless times to countless developers over the 20 years I've been at KVR. Then you got your panties in a bunch because you obviously don't understand what I'm reporting.

So by your thinking no other features should ever be added since that would make the developer do a "bunch of extra work without getting paid".

That's beyond silly. So I better never see you make a single feature request for any plugin unless you "contact them so that you can personally pay them an hourly wage in order for the feature you want to be implemented".

You've been at KVR long enough that you should know feature requests made by users are extremely common and are what drive product development. Some developers actually appreciate the feedback.

In this very thread people asked that the Filter and Amp Envs be switched on the GUI. A change that made no difference in the sound but did you push back against that? No of course you didn't.

Did they offer to pay for that request? Of course not don't be silly.

But if I make a suggestion then you lose your mind. I'm just trying to make the synth better just like everyone else who has made feature requests in this thread because for the thousandth time it's a great sounding synth.

Look If you've got something against me personally that's fine but please do us both a favor and block me.

I would have not posted in this thread again but you keyboard warriors keep taking shots at me and I'm not going to let that go. I haven't mentioned the bug in awhile but codec spurt had to fan the flames and here you are again pouring gasoline on them.

Now can we just drop it so I can leave this thread or are you going to drone on ? Please just let it be.... :roll:

That was wildly neurotic. It's not broken, it works as the developer intended. You're free to leave the thread at any time, stop trying to imply that others are to blame for you continuing to post wild nonsense.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:38 pm Wow Codec Spurt you spent a lot of time making that unnecessary attack. Classy move and a great way to spend your time. :tu:
Where's your sense of humour, FFS!?! Although, for the record, I have incredible bladder control. ( I assume that's why that kid has his hand up, I've never watched Speed).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:56 am It's not broken, it works as the developer intended. You're free to leave the thread at any time, stop trying to imply that others are to blame for you continuing to post wild nonsense.
Ok let's go over it again....whether the developer intended it to work that way or not it's broken. Or perhaps half implemented is more correct.

Let's say a developer adds Unison but neglects to add Detune. But then they say "well you can stack the voices and that makes some difference in the sound". Of course but Unison is still half implemented without Detune.

It's the same with Arp Routing. If you route the Arp to Osc 2 it should have no effect on Osc 1. Period. End of story. The reason it does affect Osc 1 is because there is only one Amp Envelope. Adding a second Amp Env or letting each Osc have it's own Amp Env would not only fix the issue and allow the feature to function properly but also open up other sound design possibilities.

Can you take advantage of the half implemented Arp Routing? Yes if you want one Osc to play the lower note of a chord over and over and over while the other Osc is playing an Arpeggio.

Sure that's useful once in a while but having the feature fully implemented would be much more advantageous. That's not "wild nonsense" that's simply a fact.

That's it, I can't explain it any simpler. Invader is a great sounding synth but I simply disagree with the way he handles Arp Routing.

If that triggers someone so be it but again I'm only trying to make the synth better just like everyone else who has ever made a feature request or suggestion.

Ok I'm going to be the better man and stop this now. I'm going to block you and ask you to do the same for me. I simply do not wish to waste my time with you any longer as it is a lesson in abject futility.

I'm going to ask everybody to just let it go. Please. :tu:

(you're blocked too Bones. I don't respond to you any longer for the reason listed above.)

Please let it go!

*Furiously types 20 paragraphs, saying exactly nothing new*

Why can't you just let it go!

*Continues furiously typing*

It's your fault I keep typing all these messages!

*keyboard melts*

Besides great sound and UI, another thing I really appreciate about this synth is how it uses so little CPU and RAM. It seems to be more efficient than Sylenth1!

codec_spurt wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:04 pm
dellboy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:09 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:10 am
Anyway I've done my job I've reported an issue in an attempt to improve the synth and the developer has responded. I disagree with his position but he's driving the bus. :shrug:
I feel safer with the dev driving the bus than you :hihi:

Yeah.

This is Tek driving (or rather trying to drive) the bus:

This is the Dev trying to stop Tek from trying to drive the bus:

This is everyone else on the bus (reading this thread):

This is BONES:

What a gay day!

Brilliant :lol:

mdstudio wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:34 am Besides great sound and UI, another thing I really appreciate about this synth is how it uses so little CPU and RAM. It seems to be more efficient than Sylenth1!
Whoa, I don't check CPU percentages on plugins very often but if true that's very impressive given the sound quality!

BONES wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:49 am I've never watched Speed
Irrelevant post of the day: that's not Speed, one of the DIrty Harry films I believe.

Thanks e-phonic, appreciate the update, my go to synth so many things nowadays.

I also prefer more feature rich synths, but if it sounds good, “too simplistic“ is only a problem if you only have access to just one single instrument.
Otherwise it's another tool in your arsenal that might very successfully fill a gap. And in such a scenario, not everything needs to have all features possible.
Just like a Juno 60 or an LA-2A aren't sucky things either.

If it still doesn't work for you, move on. We are thankfully in a situation where enough alternatives should be available for anyone.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:56 am I also prefer more feature rich synths, but if it sounds good, “too simplistic“ is only a problem if you only have access to just one single instrument.
Otherwise it's another tool in your arsenal that might very successfully fill a gap. And in such a scenario, not everything needs to have all features possible.
Just like a Juno 60 or an LA-2A aren't sucky things either.

If it still doesn't work for you, move on. We are thankfully in a situation where enough alternatives should be available for anyone.
Yeah, and it's very easy to set up multiple instances of the very cpu-efficient synth to do the weird niche ARP feature (that no other synth has).

Return to “Instruments”