Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:21 pm
I say this in about every Spectrasonics thread but it bears repeating: if you're in the US or otherwise can order from Musiciansfriend/Guitar Center, they do somewhat frequent 20% off coupons and those coupons work on Spectrasonics products. That's how I got Omni and Keyscape. With products that expensive, 20% really helps.
That's a good tip. I actually don't own any Spectrasonics products yet, but in the future, I will definitely go that route if I were to get any as yes, 20% is quite significant, especially if we're talking about stuff that costs many hundreds.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:36 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:21 pm
I say this in about every Spectrasonics thread but it bears repeating: if you're in the US or otherwise can order from Musiciansfriend/Guitar Center, they do somewhat frequent 20% off coupons and those coupons work on Spectrasonics products. That's how I got Omni and Keyscape. With products that expensive, 20% really helps.
That's a good tip. I actually don't own any Spectrasonics products yet, but in the future, I will definitely go that route if I were to get any as yes, 20% is quite significant, especially if we're talking about stuff that costs many hundreds.
Those damn MF/GC coupons have a thousand-and-one companies on the exclusion list, making them damn near useless for most tings I've ever wanted to buy...but they work with Spectrasonics software!

I should probably stop repeating that for fear Eric Persing may see and shut that down. :lol:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:56 pm Those damn MF/GC coupons have a thousand-and-one companies on the exclusion list, making them damn near useless for most tings I've ever wanted to buy...but they work with Spectrasonics software!

I should probably stop repeating that for fear Eric Persing may see and shut that down. :lol:
That's true. I haven't bought anything from MF/GC in a while, but I remember in the past, whenever I'd check the coupons, I couldn't use them for the particular things that I wanted. Basically stuff like every major brand was excluded.

SLiC wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 pm I don't think so- nothing spectacular if they do- No Arturia/NI/IK- 50-80% off type sales!

The fact that they never have sales is why the software keeps its vale, so if you ever do need to sell it you won't loose much...
The fly in the pointment is that you can't resell Omnisphere. ;)

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:29 pm

Wow, really? I had no idea that you couldn't. So I guess that argument about the no sales prices goes out the window then.

As I wasn't sure myself now, I took a look at their knowledge base, and, it seems that they do license transfers, but, on a "case to case base", and, they reserve to say no, AND it includes a transfer fee. And it gets NFR. https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/k ... egoryID=23

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:23 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:56 pm Those damn MF/GC coupons have a thousand-and-one companies on the exclusion list, making them damn near useless for most tings I've ever wanted to buy...but they work with Spectrasonics software!

That's true. I haven't bought anything from MF/GC in a while, but I remember in the past, whenever I'd check the coupons, I couldn't use them for the particular things that I wanted. Basically stuff like every major brand was excluded.
Remember they mostly are required to sell physical products for many of these brands. So even with a 20% coupon (which is taken from MSRP and not MAP) the physical product falls in line with taxes/vat plus shipping from their warehouse. That can often come out to no real deal at all. Especially when competing with dealers that give in-cart or loyalty pricing from MAP with free shipping or download direct options. The best bottom line deals I've seen on Spectrasonics have been when they announce a new version and allow all the dealers to discount heavily to eliminate the old stock while promising grace period free upgrade.

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:34 pm
epiphaneia wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:47 pm I say Choirscape (but I suck at guessing) :party:
I miss the times where you didn't have to play guessing games.
If at least these teasers were reserved for "this kind of thing only comes out once every 5 years"-products (ok, then Spectrasonics does actually have the right to do so)...

... but these days, there´s 4 weeks of video teasers for a bloody 9,99$ bongo library. 8 weeks if it´s Spitfire Audio.

(And I´ll still buy that spectrasonics thingie whatever it is going to be)

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:35 pm As I wasn't sure myself now, I took a look at their knowledge base, and, it seems that they do license transfers, but, on a "case to case base", and, they reserve to say no, AND it includes a transfer fee. And it gets NFR. https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/k ... egoryID=23
I have seen quite a few licences sell here on KVR.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:29 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 pm I don't think so- nothing spectacular if they do- No Arturia/NI/IK- 50-80% off type sales!

The fact that they never have sales is why the software keeps its vale, so if you ever do need to sell it you won't loose much...
Yes you can. I bought mine secondhand. You can transfer licenses from Spectrasonics for $50. People sell Omnisphere on the buy and sell forum here all the time along with Keyscape and Trilian and RMX.

If you are the original purchaser you can sell it after buying a transfer. If you're buying second-hand, then you cannot further transfer the license. Ever (legally).

Maybe it has something to do with Dolby Atmos?

Not hardware, not rhythm, more than one product, sounds like witchcraft smothered in reverse reverbs, delays, granular, etc....

Seems like it's probably an FX suite. Bummed that it's not a Stylus RMX successor, though :(
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Maybe they are updating Omnisphere, Trillian and Keyscape together?

The "it's not what you think" part makes me think that it's not an existing product, but who knows?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Instruments”