UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

There is a few minor (for developers, mostly) things about VST3 that doesn't exist in VST2 - automatic sorting and ability to track and use the DAW track names. This is not relevant to Falcon in terms of it functions, of course, but this is the main reason why I personally use AU plugins in Ableton instead of VST. When I'm scanning VST2 folder it looks like complete mess in the DAW while AU and VST3 plugins perfectly sorted.

But, AU plugins in Ableton can't send MIDI to other plugins. That's why I wish that one day I can forget about AU and move to VST3 with all my favourite developers and don't face restrictions like this.
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:25 pm What would VST3 brings compare to VST2 for Falcon ?

@otristan: Is it possible, you add remembering of the search tab settings, so the enabled columns and sorting will be the same like left on next loading?

Dombaeb wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:13 pm There is a few minor (for developers, mostly) things about VST3 that doesn't exist in VST2 - automatic sorting and ability to track and use the DAW track names. This is not relevant to Falcon in terms of it functions, of course, but this is the main reason why I personally use AU plugins in Ableton instead of VST. When I'm scanning VST2 folder it looks like complete mess in the DAW while AU and VST3 plugins perfectly sorted.

But, AU plugins in Ableton can't send MIDI to other plugins. That's why I wish that one day I can forget about AU and move to VST3 with all my favourite developers and don't face restrictions like this.
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:25 pm What would VST3 brings compare to VST2 for Falcon ?
Yes the sorting is very useful - for VST2 plugins I have to sort them manually using symlinks

don't worry, got it.
Last edited by Biome_Digital on Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:56 pm Which ones are problematic for you? I haven't had any issues with any of 400 plugins that I have, curiously...
It's been years, but it was quite a few. The hardware was stolen out of my truck years ago, so it's not as appealing to spend the time figuring out which plug ins are breaking in Kore.

giohappy wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:22 pm
3lu5iv3 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:04 am Now it is possible to run standalone Falcon in Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 via Wine 6.0 RC6
i need to do more testing but everything seems to be working. :D
VSTi version also works if you use LinVST 3.5.

https://imgur.com/6pc9xHB
I was going to try but I was doubtful because of iLock. Does it work fine over Wine?
Yeah it worked fine. I don't know how it will work right now cuz there has been a lot of change (new installer system, updated version of Wine and all that jazz)
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

otristan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:19 pm Maybe I will do a dedicated module like MIDI record that explicitly tell what to output so you can place it in the chain where it make sense.
Sounds pretty good to me.

@otristan
I know it's an old and free instrument, but I love the ap-09. I can make more out of it than of the keysuite version, but unfortunately I get script crashes as soon as I play with the build in arp in the newer Falcon and Workstation versions. Is there anything you can do with the ap-09?

rasmusklump wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:04 pm @otristan
I know it's an old and free instrument, but I love the ap-09. I can make more out of it than of the keysuite version, but unfortunately I get script crashes as soon as I play with the build in arp in the newer Falcon and Workstation versions. Is there anything you can do with the ap-09?
The script outputs the following
warning: [[string "-------------------------------------------..."]]:183 'Chorus Mix' is not a valid parameter name
warning: [[string "-------------------------------------------..."]]:183 'Delay Mix' is not a valid parameter name
warning: [[string "-------------------------------------------..."]]:183 'Reverb Mix' is not a valid parameter name

But the knobs work as expected.
And as soon as I engage the arp, play a note and release the key, the instruments get muted and the script outputs:
[string "-------------------------------------------..."]:158: attempt to index local 't' (a nil value)

rasmusklump wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:04 pm @otristan
a new version will be released shortly.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

wow, super! thank you very much

How can I access this then ? I don't have it under my products downloads

It should... See PM in the meantime
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Thank you so much. You do an outstanding customer service. No wonder I bought nearly all of your libraries/instruments

Aye, thanks for quickly fixing the bug I reported too. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”