Spectrasonics says they have big news coming next Tuesday (19th October)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
dblock
KVRAF
2699 posts since 25 Feb, 2005

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:31 pm

Bought them all before I got scared and got scared. Now I don't have to second guess myself on which one I should have gotten which I know I would have done and gypped myself out of the 30% discount.

hoxclab
Banned
393 posts since 13 Jul, 2021

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:35 pm

dblock wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:31 pm
Bought them all before I got scared and got scared. Now I don't have to second guess myself on which one I should have gotten which I know I would have done and gypped myself out of the 30% discount.
Could you tell me how big Nylon Sky is? Since Spectrasonics cannot.
nylon 2.PNG
nylon.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
lotus2035
KVRAF
4429 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:55 pm

SLiC wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:18 am
There is an RMX update as well, bug fixes etc.
That was a while back though, I just checked and I had already download the latest files back in June.
Last edited by lotus2035 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

collider
KVRist
267 posts since 14 Jun, 2018

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:57 pm

hoxclab wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:35 pm
dblock wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:31 pm
Bought them all before I got scared and got scared. Now I don't have to second guess myself on which one I should have gotten which I know I would have done and gypped myself out of the 30% discount.
Could you tell me how big Nylon Sky is? Since Spectrasonics cannot.

nylon 2.PNG
nylon.PNG
Ehhh... 10GB.
Even more confused.

dblock
KVRAF
2699 posts since 25 Feb, 2005

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:38 pm

hoxclab wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:35 pm
dblock wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:31 pm
Bought them all before I got scared and got scared. Now I don't have to second guess myself on which one I should have gotten which I know I would have done and gypped myself out of the 30% discount.
Could you tell me how big Nylon Sky is? Since Spectrasonics cannot.

nylon 2.PNG
nylon.PNG
10gb

collider
KVRist
267 posts since 14 Jun, 2018

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:48 pm

dblock wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:38 pm
hoxclab wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:35 pm
dblock wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:31 pm
Bought them all before I got scared and got scared. Now I don't have to second guess myself on which one I should have gotten which I know I would have done and gypped myself out of the 30% discount.
Could you tell me how big Nylon Sky is? Since Spectrasonics cannot.

nylon 2.PNG
nylon.PNG
10gb
Really?

User avatar
dvnation
KVRist
80 posts since 25 Dec, 2010

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:35 pm

JHernandez wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:07 pm
They all sound great. I like Unclean Machine the most. It's just more my thing. Still, It's so unique and pristine sounding that I can't see myself using it so far. Modern "lo-fi" I guess? Even the noises are so well record/sampled. At least from what I've heard so far. Too much talking and the guest music didn't do anything positive for me.

Guess I'll wait for more demos. Still curious.
https://youtu.be/PAWHTbrsZaM

TS-12
KVRian
572 posts since 24 Apr, 2008 from USA

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:39 pm

DizzlerMusic wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:31 pm
When they said they have "big news" i was thinking they are going to fix some bugs that i emailed them about 3 years ago and then again 1 year ago as they said they work on it. Maybe with 2.9 in 2022 or 3.0 in 2023, with 3.0 they can even just leave the bugs in Omnisphere 2 and save some time :hihi:
(for anyone wondering what bugs i mean : apart from the slow GUI in many areas(env editor e.g), mainly its about the Pro-reverb which glitches the audio in certain circumstances, and they even know that its buggy. Since i use that reverb in all my patches, most of them are useless by now)
I totally agree
win10 x64. cubase 10 x64.
gigabyte z390 gaming x, i7-8700k, 32GB,
2x 2TB m.2 nvme SSD, 1x 2TB sata ssd.

User avatar
PatchAdamz
KVRAF
7308 posts since 13 Nov, 2012

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:51 pm

Sonic Extensions Undercurrent Nice Walkthrough from Steve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMdWREIaUzw

Kinh
KVRAF
1750 posts since 26 Aug, 2012

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Sindikhate wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:45 am
Around 300 presets per pack that I have no idea how much freedom you have to change, some soundsources, and 2 ok fx that you cannot use as FX outside Omni for 149$... On top of this they released all 4 at the same time instead of 2 today, and 2 in the near future (bad marketing)...

Overpriced...

I was so hyped for this... I missed the first 4 goals of the Liverpool Atletico game.

For less than the price of the 2 expansions you could have Falcon2.5 +2x Exp +100eu voucher for the UVI shop. hmm
you ungrateful sod!! :x

dune_rave
KVRAF
2083 posts since 23 Jun, 2006 from Hungary

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:16 pm

imho overpriced. looking at a competitor, for example vps avenger, their new expansion: Avenger Expansion pack: Cinematic Grand
costs 65 Eur... it's also overpriced for me : )

mrsugmad
KVRist
298 posts since 30 Nov, 2007

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:03 pm

The only one I would be interested in is Undercurrent. Good video below with the main programmer.
Maybe sometime this week.....

https://www.sonicextensions.com/undercurrent/

daradei
KVRist
178 posts since 26 Aug, 2004 from Budapest, HU

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:46 pm

At first I thought, here we go... these guys are about the money then just like other companies with ROMplers and expansions released every 2 months for different genres. Then I watched all the videos of all 4 Ext's and the FX short videos and I learned you can swith to the full-blown Omni for all the parameters of everything and ... these are the sounds, especially Undercurrent and Seismic Shock I've been missing from Omni 2 so far.. the Seth Norman stuff is just my style f'in 'ell. I like all the FX as well, they seem pretty unique and useful

daradei
KVRist
178 posts since 26 Aug, 2004 from Budapest, HU

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:52 pm

dune_rave wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:16 pm
imho overpriced. looking at a competitor, for example vps avenger, their new expansion: Avenger Expansion pack: Cinematic Grand
costs 65 Eur... it's also overpriced for me : )
yeah... the biggest problem with Avenger/Nexus stuff is that there are way too many expansions way too frequently released I want :D I don't mind Spectrasonics' pricing because they deliver quality and these sounds/presets are a lot more useful and complex, I got sick of Avenger's one finger presets

daradei
KVRist
178 posts since 26 Aug, 2004 from Budapest, HU

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:54 pm

daradei wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:52 pm
dune_rave wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:16 pm
imho overpriced. looking at a competitor, for example vps avenger, their new expansion: Avenger Expansion pack: Cinematic Grand
costs 65 Eur... it's also overpriced for me : )
yeah... the biggest problem with Avenger/Nexus stuff is that there are way too many expansions way too frequently released I want :D and all those 60 euros add up. I don't mind Spectrasonics' pricing because they deliver quality and these sounds/presets are a lot more useful and complex, I got sick of Avenger's one finger presets

Return to “Instruments”