Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

Bought them all before I got scared and got scared. Now I don't have to second guess myself on which one I should have gotten which I know I would have done and gypped myself out of the 30% discount.

dblock wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:31 am Bought them all before I got scared and got scared. Now I don't have to second guess myself on which one I should have gotten which I know I would have done and gypped myself out of the 30% discount.
Could you tell me how big Nylon Sky is? Since Spectrasonics cannot.
nylon 2.PNG
nylon.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SLiC wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:18 pm There is an RMX update as well, bug fixes etc.
That was a while back though, I just checked and I had already download the latest files back in June.
Last edited by lotus2035 on Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

hoxclab wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:35 am
dblock wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:31 am Bought them all before I got scared and got scared. Now I don't have to second guess myself on which one I should have gotten which I know I would have done and gypped myself out of the 30% discount.

nylon 2.PNG
nylon.PNG
Ehhh... 10GB.
Even more confused.

nylon 2.PNG
nylon.PNG
10gb

dblock wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:38 am

nylon 2.PNG
nylon.PNG
10gb
Really?

JHernandez wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:07 pm They all sound great. I like Unclean Machine the most. It's just more my thing. Still, It's so unique and pristine sounding that I can't see myself using it so far. Modern "lo-fi" I guess? Even the noises are so well record/sampled. At least from what I've heard so far. Too much talking and the guest music didn't do anything positive for me.

Guess I'll wait for more demos. Still curious.
https://youtu.be/PAWHTbrsZaM

DizzlerMusic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:31 pm When they said they have "big news" i was thinking they are going to fix some bugs that i emailed them about 3 years ago and then again 1 year ago as they said they work on it. Maybe with 2.9 in 2022 or 3.0 in 2023, with 3.0 they can even just leave the bugs in Omnisphere 2 and save some time :hihi:
(for anyone wondering what bugs i mean : apart from the slow GUI in many areas(env editor e.g), mainly its about the Pro-reverb which glitches the audio in certain circumstances, and they even know that its buggy. Since i use that reverb in all my patches, most of them are useless by now)
I totally agree
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Sonic Extensions Undercurrent Nice Walkthrough from Steve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMdWREIaUzw

Sindikhate wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:45 pm Around 300 presets per pack that I have no idea how much freedom you have to change, some soundsources, and 2 ok fx that you cannot use as FX outside Omni for 149$... On top of this they released all 4 at the same time instead of 2 today, and 2 in the near future (bad marketing)...

Overpriced...

I was so hyped for this... I missed the first 4 goals of the Liverpool Atletico game.

For less than the price of the 2 expansions you could have Falcon2.5 +2x Exp +100eu voucher for the UVI shop. hmm
you ungrateful sod!! :x

imho overpriced. looking at a competitor, for example vps avenger, their new expansion: Avenger Expansion pack: Cinematic Grand
costs 65 Eur... it's also overpriced for me : )

The only one I would be interested in is Undercurrent. Good video below with the main programmer.
Maybe sometime this week.....

https://www.sonicextensions.com/undercurrent/

At first I thought, here we go... these guys are about the money then just like other companies with ROMplers and expansions released every 2 months for different genres. Then I watched all the videos of all 4 Ext's and the FX short videos and I learned you can swith to the full-blown Omni for all the parameters of everything and ... these are the sounds, especially Undercurrent and Seismic Shock I've been missing from Omni 2 so far.. the Seth Norman stuff is just my style f'in 'ell. I like all the FX as well, they seem pretty unique and useful

dune_rave wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:16 am imho overpriced. looking at a competitor, for example vps avenger, their new expansion: Avenger Expansion pack: Cinematic Grand
yeah... the biggest problem with Avenger/Nexus stuff is that there are way too many expansions way too frequently released I want :D I don't mind Spectrasonics' pricing because they deliver quality and these sounds/presets are a lot more useful and complex, I got sick of Avenger's one finger presets

daradei wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:52 am
dune_rave wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:16 am imho overpriced. looking at a competitor, for example vps avenger, their new expansion: Avenger Expansion pack: Cinematic Grand
yeah... the biggest problem with Avenger/Nexus stuff is that there are way too many expansions way too frequently released I want :D and all those 60 euros add up. I don't mind Spectrasonics' pricing because they deliver quality and these sounds/presets are a lot more useful and complex, I got sick of Avenger's one finger presets

Return to “Instruments”