Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

Yes, as a hobbyist the price point is just that bit to high to buy for 'fun' - $99 would probably have done it as an impulse buy!

I am sure they are absolutely worth it if you do this for a living!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

jclosed wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:38 am Hmm - That Nylon Sky is indeed very tempting. The $149 price point seems not too steep for me. However - I really hope this price includes VAT for us here in Europe, otherwise the price would become around $180. And that's a LOT less tempting.
No added VAT for me in the UK (or it was bundled in to the price).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

i would love if theyadd in future Electric guitar :D, more choirs etc.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:47 am
jclosed wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:38 am Hmm - That Nylon Sky is indeed very tempting. The $149 price point seems not too steep for me. However - I really hope this price includes VAT for us here in Europe, otherwise the price would become around $180. And that's a LOT less tempting.
No added VAT for me in the UK (or it was bundled in to the price).
Yup- No VAT added and no VAT can be deducted if you are VAT registered...very strange!

I noticed this

''If you have received a special Coupon Code, you can enter it here into the box below.''

I wonder if they will be sending any out? I may wait and see as I have Omni, Trillian, RMX and Keyscape...so if its for loyal customers ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:47 am
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:54 am
Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:41 am
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:33 am So the extensions are more than just sound packs in that they also add new features and fx to Omnisphere (like some Tone 2 addons do). If that is the case, once one is installed are those new features and fx available throughout Omnisphere so you can use them in new sounds or to modify existing sounds that are not part of the extension?
as far as i know hyes, maybe someone who has it can clarify?
also all patches are editable afaik. just need to click custom gui and the old gui opens up? so you can change per scene the soundsources, modulations etc?
That raises a few problems though, I guess for one would it mean if someone shared or sold sounds that included one of the new effects would they even open in Omnisphere for people who don't have that extension? Personally I am more interested in the new fx than the sounds because I feel the current Omnisphere fx are one of its weakest elements and was really hoping for an update to these, but it would be a concern now that we will see Omnisphere effects only being updated in future via Extensions.
Responding to both these posts in one:

The fx (and all soundsources plus wavetables from Seismic Shock) are available in regular Omni - much like with Trilian or Keyscape that top left button lets you back in to the full synth. And of course you can then save as a new patch.

aMUSEd, yes I thought the same thing, but they've implemented it quite well. The wavetables and indeed FX are neatly hived off menu-wise in their own subfolder, so you can't make that mistake too easily. And it is much like Keyscape and Trilain again for the soundsources (and I know it's tripped up a few developers and me once!) Developers should just show the Core library not All Spectrasonics (plus user samples of course).
I think what @amused wants to know is, that if someone who owns an extension and shares a patch which includes the new sky reverb unit as an example, which is not available in the regular Omnisphere effects.. with someone who did not bought and installed this same extension, will also be able to see and use the sky reverb.
I don´t think that is the case. Otherwise anyone else who spent the money and bought the extension might feel ripped off, if anyone could use the new effects or even the sound sources.

oh people forget that a lot of KONTAKT libraries sold as cinematic blabla etc. cost $100- $300 etc. and there you are kinda limited, you have no full control with samples, synthesis etc. and still pay so much. here in 1 extension you can fully edit everything and get still all new soundsources + patches. so im no fan of overpriced XPs which cost a new vst or nearly as much but compare it with other products (XPs from other companies) and i dont find any comparable XP which is so massive!

EDIT
what still is a MASSIVE TURN OFF that you cannot mousewheel the presets of the FX, the clicking sucks.... why cant they add this asap....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

enCiphered - yes exactly. The patch won't work for others unless they have the same extension(s).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

After listening and watching a couple of videos highlighting a few of the Nylon Sky presets, I can’t say I find the sounds that appealing. The attack on them really seems very hard and all the FX and reverb aren’t anything that you can’t do with third party plugins. The scenes are what makes it really interesting though.
As already stated the price is much too high for what it is IMO

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:04 am enCiphered - yes exactly. The patch won't work for others unless they have the same extension(s).
Thanks for clarifying @noiseboyuk :tu:
This might then be really an issue for sound designers selling their omni libraries.

enCiphered wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:58 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:47 am
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:54 am
Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:41 am
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:33 am So the extensions are more than just sound packs in that they also add new features and fx to Omnisphere (like some Tone 2 addons do). If that is the case, once one is installed are those new features and fx available throughout Omnisphere so you can use them in new sounds or to modify existing sounds that are not part of the extension?
as far as i know hyes, maybe someone who has it can clarify?
also all patches are editable afaik. just need to click custom gui and the old gui opens up? so you can change per scene the soundsources, modulations etc?
That raises a few problems though, I guess for one would it mean if someone shared or sold sounds that included one of the new effects would they even open in Omnisphere for people who don't have that extension? Personally I am more interested in the new fx than the sounds because I feel the current Omnisphere fx are one of its weakest elements and was really hoping for an update to these, but it would be a concern now that we will see Omnisphere effects only being updated in future via Extensions.
Responding to both these posts in one:

The fx (and all soundsources plus wavetables from Seismic Shock) are available in regular Omni - much like with Trilian or Keyscape that top left button lets you back in to the full synth. And of course you can then save as a new patch.

aMUSEd, yes I thought the same thing, but they've implemented it quite well. The wavetables and indeed FX are neatly hived off menu-wise in their own subfolder, so you can't make that mistake too easily. And it is much like Keyscape and Trilain again for the soundsources (and I know it's tripped up a few developers and me once!) Developers should just show the Core library not All Spectrasonics (plus user samples of course).
I think what @amused wants to know is, that if someone who owns an extension and shares a patch which includes the new sky reverb unit as an example, which is not available in the regular Omnisphere effects.. with someone who did not bought and installed this same extension, will also be able to see and use the sky reverb.
I don´t think that is the case. Otherwise anyone else who spent the money and bought the extension might feel ripped off, if anyone could use the new effects or even the sound sources.
Actually I wanted to know the opposite, would a patch created using a bundled effect even open in an Omnisphere that didn’t have the extension installed? I wouldn’t expect it to suddenly become available for the reasons you stated.

OK so which genres would you say each expansion suits the most ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

yawn/unimpressed/getting on with my life after waiting all these years/sigh

Awww.... :)

LeVzi wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:43 am OK so which genres would you say each expansion suits the most ?
Professional :hihi:

Kinh wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:40 am
Cinebient wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:10 am
The FX are nice but of course if you are in sound design of course you could do it yourself (and maybe in better quality with some third party tools)
What 3rd party fx are you referring to?
From what i saw/heard you can get there with DAW included FX or further with third party tools like Valhalla, 2CAudio, NI….choose any (so i mainly create my own FX from scratch). But these might be much more easy to set-up for their specific use.
Sadly the FX are bound to Omnisphere.
It is also a matter of taste. I did not find the FX really unique. I found more really unique FX inside Alchemy f.e. but that is just me.
Sprctrasonics is a great company and i trust them but this time it is the first time i struggle to find a enough reasons for a no brainer buy. At least there is no hurry since price will stay as is forever.

Return to “Instruments”