Spectrasonics build up to Sonic Extensions....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

when you consider that each preset has 5 different sounding scenes you could almost say 10k presets.

dblock wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:17 pm when you consider that each preset has 5 different sounding scenes you could almost say 10k presets.
I'm pretty sure each one has 400-ish sounds. Times 5 scenes per sound it works out to 2000 per expansion. I could be wrong. I think the guitar has the fewest and the underscore has the most. But I don't own any yet so I'm not sure.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:34 pm
dblock wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:17 pm when you consider that each preset has 5 different sounding scenes you could almost say 10k presets.
I'm pretty sure each one has 400-ish sounds. Times 5 scenes per sound it works out to 2000 per expansion. I could be wrong. I think the guitar has the fewest and the underscore has the most. But I don't own any yet so I'm not sure.
Looks like you are right. I bought it but didn't examine it but On the website for "Undercurrent" for example, they show it as 1860 scenes,372 patches (which multiplied by 5 is 1860),350 sound sources, 7.1 gb. So Yeah.

dblock wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:00 pm
hoxclab wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:06 pm Guys I'm on the verge of buying them all. It's taken me two days but I'm almost there.
I quick bought them all before I chickened out. I knew if I didn't get them now, I'd want them later. Might as well go for the 30% off discount.
How are you liking it so far? You think it was worth it? I’m thinking about all minus Seismic.

hoxclab wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:54 pm
dblock wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:00 pm
hoxclab wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:06 pm Guys I'm on the verge of buying them all. It's taken me two days but I'm almost there.
I quick bought them all before I chickened out. I knew if I didn't get them now, I'd want them later. Might as well go for the 30% off discount.
How are you liking it so far? You think it was worth it? I’m thinking about all minus Seismic.
Haven't had a chance to mess with it really. Finishing up a project. Having said that, I knew it would be worth it for what I do anyway just based on it's sound, it's Spectrasonics and right up my alley.

I still don't get the enormous fuzz about Omnisphere, but.... I love the presets Luftrum is creating for it.

I would expect spectrasonics to do much better job on Nylon Guitar
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

TS-12 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:46 am I would expect spectrasonics to do much better job on Nylon Guitar
Is it really bad?

hoxclab wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:08 am
TS-12 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:46 am I would expect spectrasonics to do much better job on Nylon Guitar
Is it really bad?
It IS a little disappointing for me. But it has nevertheless got plenty going for it. The basic tone is lovely, the nv version plays nicely for chords and the expressivo will work well for more solo lines. So not REALLY bad, no.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:35 am
Is it really bad?
It IS a little disappointing for me. But it has nevertheless got plenty going for it. The basic tone is lovely, the nv version plays nicely for chords and the expressivo will work well for more solo lines. So not REALLY bad, no.
What's disappointing?

hoxclab wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:39 amWhat's disappointing?
The main expressivo patch has baked in vibrato that, when played as held chords, is very unrealistic. It's a really weird effect. Solution - don't use that patch for held chords, use the Clean (non-vibrato) instead. (also the softest velocities are okay, but it's hard to trigger those from my keyboard without playing super-artificially soft).

Another thing that doesn't feel quite right to me are the realism noises. They seem a little weighted towards clonks and bangs, and not enough for finger noises.

Finally, compared with (say) a comprehensive Kontakt library, there's not many articulations in the main patch. Short glisses and hammer-ons in the main patches - that's it. Some other patches have stuff like harmonics though.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Is it really bad?
Nylon Sky guitars, effects and presets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4voYU35aZw

Besides nylon sky not being maybe that realistic. Does it have other nice presets like ambient sounds etc?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:05 am Besides nylon sky not being maybe that realistic. Does it have other nice presets like ambient sounds etc?
Yes! Absolutely. I just checked - about 40 patches are tagged "ambient", but that's probably an underestimate as some more scenes might be that way inclined (the tagging system only works by patch, not by individual scene, which is a bit limiting). And of course all those manual controls can drift into ambient, or (say) rhythmic, very easily. Actually some of the rhythmic patches are a really strong suit, especially as it drifts into conventionally unplayable territory, but still sounding organic. It's still a really nice, quality extension.

I guess I see the main guitar as really good fuel for fantastic patches, more than I see it as a standalone great instrument. This is the sense I'm disappointed - that's not true in Keyscape (though I've never been the greatest fan of the C7 tone, but that's just me) or Trilian. Equally I don't want to over-critisize - those core patches are pretty good, not terrible at all, and you can usually work round the deficiencies.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:21 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:05 am Besides nylon sky not being maybe that realistic. Does it have other nice presets like ambient sounds etc?
Yes! Absolutely. I just checked - about 40 patches are tagged "ambient", but that's probably an underestimate as some more scenes might be that way inclined (the tagging system only works by patch, not by individual scene, which is a bit limiting). And of course all those manual controls can drift into ambient, or (say) rhythmic, very easily. Actually some of the rhythmic patches are a really strong suit, especially as it drifts into conventionally unplayable territory, but still sounding organic. It's still a really nice, quality extension.

I guess I see the main guitar as really good fuel for fantastic patches, more than I see it as a standalone great instrument. This is the sense I'm disappointed - that's not true in Keyscape (though I've never been the greatest fan of the C7 tone, but that's just me) or Trilian. Equally I don't want to over-critisize - those core patches are pretty good, not terrible at all, and you can usually work round the deficiencies.
thx a lot! well im a sucker for spectrasonics products but also love when theyrelease still quality and it seems that way. i always find Kontakt so fiddly and small GUIwise. so if omnisphere really can release some deep sampling guitars etc. this would be great but i guess it wont be so deep like kontakt 6 (it got a different progress all these years) but i dont need hyper realistic scripting so it seems to fit.

especially to use a very nice instrument sounding like in keyscape the pianos combined with synthesis, ambience is top notch! so i will get Nylon Sky as well just for that :)!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”