Behringer EDGE

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:04 pm
DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:39 pm While Crave was an awesome piece of synth, this one just sounds awful.
Judging by the sounds in that teaser? Well... they use a lot of noise,…
Pink noise, to be precise
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

AnX wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:31 am
_leras wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:02 am
Constructed Identity wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:20 pm A hot pink drum synth...... Bold move!
So many choices in percussion synths
What others are you thinking of other than DFAM?

:hihi:
Yea, no
Pulsar 23, Lyra 8, S2600.. if it was available
like the idea of FM percussion from something like the Digitakt or Model Cycles, then there is the Erica Synths LXR-02 which is digital (perhaps too harsh sounding) or the upcoming Percons HD-01.

pekbro wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:43 pm I have an old eurorack (just the name) mixer,
and it's built like a friggen tank.
I have one of their old Eurorack mixers too. It stopped working about 10 years ago, and would cost more to fix than replace with a new one. :shrug:

I don't mind the shocking pink. The demo does seem to be aiming for DFAM territory though.

I'd like to see if it got anywhere near the Analog Solutions Leipzig V3. My guess is it won't sound as good though...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:44 pm
pekbro wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:43 pm I have an old eurorack (just the name) mixer,
I have one of their old Eurorack mixers too. It stopped working about 10 years ago, and would cost more to fix than replace with a new one. :shrug:
hmm, mine still works fine, tho it's a bit noisy. I have since replaced it with a mackie tho.

pekbro wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:40 pm
hmm, mine still works fine, tho it's a bit noisy. I have since replaced it with a mackie tho.
Mine was great for about 12 years then one day when i switched it on it was making loud feedback noises. I thought maybe the PSU had failed so got a new one (from Thomann) but didn't fix the problem. I really liked all the routing options on that desk. I replaced it with an A&H ZED14 and now, after running out of inputs, a Yamaha 01V96i ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:03 pm
pekbro wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:40 pm
Mine was great for about 12 years then one day when i switched it on it was making loud feedback noises. I thought maybe the PSU had failed so got a new one (from Thomann) but didn't fix the problem. I really liked all the routing options on that desk. I replaced it with an A&H ZED14 and now, after running out of inputs, a Yamaha 01V96i ...
I replaced it mostly due to the size of it, takes up 1/3 of my desk lol. The mackie is tiny in comparison.
That yamaha unit is super nice, I am not to the point where I am willing to spend that
kind of scratch on a mixer, the mackie was a couple hundred bucks, and no where in the
same league with routing options as the behringer. I can get by with inserts on the mackie
well enough for now. Probably the behringer will go the same route as yours before long,
it's makes a lot of noise when you turn it up. :shrug:

*Also, I don't have that kind of money 4 a mixer atm lol

-cheers

Perfect, need an analog drum machine to compliment the Nord Drum 3P and Korg Wavedrum! :D
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Behringer has made me sick in the past by all the stunts they've pulled off and I don't own any of their stuff except a cheap mixer.

Yet I must admit that despite all of this I still had thoughts of buying this upcoming Moog DFAM clone called Edge… as you see in my post above, I thought: ”hey its a nice cheap analog drum machine with extra features that might go well with the Korg Wavedrum and Nord Drum 3P…”

But after reading the reviews of actual employees at Behringer and how physically and mentally bad they ALL felt (29 reviews!) in this nightmare workplace run by a complete narcissist willing to do anything bad to pretty much anyone…

Clearly ignoring the consequences of bad actions and forcing innocent employees to take the blame for stuff they are not responsible for!

I will just ignore all Behringer and the Music Tribe affiliated companies… Can't get enjoyment of a piece of gear knowing how bad all working there actually felt/feel…

Like trying to enjoy living in a house built from stolen material and on top of that built by slaves…

Glassdoor is a worldwide professional website were employees can review companies: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Beh ... 334438.htm

Oh BTW, the good reviews at Glassdoor is none other than Uli himself….. :tu: :party:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WeAreTheMusicM ... views_his/
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:10 pm I don't own any of their stuff except a cheap mixer.

I will just ignore all Behringer and the Music Tribe affiliated companies… Can't get enjoyment of a piece of gear knowing how bad all working there actually felt/feel…
I bet you do own gear that uses Behringer owned company chips, a lot of music/audio gear uses Cool Audio chips.
Yet here you are, quoting 10 year old reddit posts as facts. LMFAO

I will be buying the Edge when its released.
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:10 pm I will just ignore all Behringer and the Music Tribe affiliated companies… Can't get enjoyment of a piece of gear knowing how bad all working there actually felt/feel…
Actually, you don't know that. At all.

Maybe you would feel better if Behringer closed their factory, and sent back the people to farm labour, where they get a shit, compared, and have to work even harder.

Goony wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:07 pm
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:10 pm I don't own any of their stuff except a cheap mixer.

I bet you do own gear that uses Behringer owned company chips, a lot of music/audio gear uses Cool Audio chips.
Yet here you are, quoting 10 year old reddit posts as facts. LMFAO

I will be buying the Edge when its released.
Cool Audio chips? I only have stuff from Boss/Roland/EHX/Korg/
I doubt there are Cool Audio chips in any of these gadgets, but who knows maybe there is? :?:

No, I'm quoting the professional websites glassdoor.co.uk and glassdoor.com as FACTS. The 10 year old reddit post I added is about the Glassdoor reviews and the odd ”rave review” of a place all others clearly hate working at…

Buy whatever you want, I don't care. Even I had thoughts of getting the Edge but not after reading how sick working for Behringer actually is and how it makes employees feel…

chk071 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:14 pm
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:10 pm I will just ignore all Behringer and the Music Tribe affiliated companies… Can't get enjoyment of a piece of gear knowing how bad all working there actually felt/feel…

Maybe you would feel better if Behringer closed their factory, and sent back the people to farm labour, where they get a shit, compared, and have to work even harder.
What is it that I don't know at all?

Since Glassdoor is a legit professional website the workers leaving bad review after bad review surely know what it is like working for Behringer…
I trust that the actual employees know best about the situation.

No I wouldn't feel better if they closed down and employees were forced to farm labour.
I have lived 1 year in Australia doing the ”working holiday” thing. :)

Working in Melbourne is great but being in ”outback australia” with racist old men who love hunting wild pigs is a weird experience…

Why would I want employees at Behringer to experience farm work with these kind of people? The Behringer experience is, from reading the reviews, pretty much the same - just at a fancier place…Ouch! ;)

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:58 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:14 pm

What is it that I don't know at all?

Since Glassdoor is a legit professional website the workers leaving bad review after bad review surely know what it is like working for Behringer…
I trust that the actual employees know best about the situation.
Yes, because sites on the internet where you can leave your feedback after you've just been sacked are such a good indicator for working conditions everywhere.

Again, you know nothing about how god/bad workers feel there.

Damn, every time this gets bumped I’m hoping someone has seen a price on this thing.
They really should stop announcing upcoming products months and months prior to release.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”