An Invitation to Soundpaint

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Caine123 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:00 pm Is it known what the bundle will include?
All Soundpaint Instruments.

I'll be honest, I've not been following this. Looks like the release didn't actually happen? To assuage very mild curiosity, can some kind soul

a) say when it is now supposed to happen (if this is known) and

b) explain in a single paragraph what it actually is.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

hoxclab wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:49 pm 286.1GB to be precise.
That is huge. I am not sure how many libraries they will include, but I just checked and I have 20 UVI libraries that in total are just about 246 GB.
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brass - G-Brass ($30)
XXXXX - XXXXXX XXX ($XX)
Effects - Beautiful Noises ($50)
Guitar - 1975 Soulful Guitar ($20)
Hybrid Cinema - Hybrid Emotions ($50)
Piano - 1928 Vintage Steinway Grand (FREE)
Synths - Juniper 8 ($80 for UDS Edition or $30 for Standard Edition)
Synths - Palindrome ($50 for UDS Edition and $25 for Standard Edition)

It sounds like Soundpaint is a sample-based synth where the samples are not just re-pitched but are fully resynthesized, then algorithms extract a large set of audio features so the 'playback' interpolates smoothly between sampled notes and velocities. This feature extraction then allows filtering of those audio features separately so you can tweak each of them (eg. frequency, envelope) in detail to significantly change the sound, perhaps allow feedback to create convolution effects, and of course other possibilities. If I am correct, doing this with minimal latency would be a major achievement.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I am playing ketchup also.
Someone mentioned 8DIO.
Could these possibly come from some of their libraries?

www.soundpaint.com does not work.
Only a link to youtube, could not find any download link, either!?
Also could not find any information about download size, one of the most important things at least for me.

Michael L wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:52 pm It sounds like Soundpaint is a sample-based synth where the samples are not just re-pitched but are fully resynthesized, then algorithms extract a large set of audio features so the 'playback' interpolates smoothly between sampled notes and velocities. This feature extraction then allows filtering of those audio features separately so you can tweak each of them (eg. frequency, envelope) in detail to significantly change the sound, perhaps allow feedback to create convolution effects, and of course other possibilities. If I am correct, doing this with minimal latency would be a major achievement.
combined with a paid version that allows resynthesis of one's own samples and it would indeed be a winner - it could then be a platform

Michael L wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:52 pm It sounds like Soundpaint is a sample-based synth where the samples are not just re-pitched but are fully resynthesized, then algorithms extract a large set of audio features so the 'playback' interpolates smoothly between sampled notes and velocities. This feature extraction then allows filtering of those audio features separately so you can tweak each of them (eg. frequency, envelope) in detail to significantly change the sound, perhaps allow feedback to create convolution effects, and of course other possibilities. If I am correct, doing this with minimal latency would be a major achievement.
Thanks! And no-one knows when it is out now?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:58 pm I'll be honest, I've not been following this. Looks like the release didn't actually happen? To assuage very mild curiosity, can some kind soul

a) say when it is now supposed to happen (if this is known) and

b) explain in a single paragraph what it actually is.

Thanks in advance.
Is there anything else you would like us to do? A cup of tea, perhaps, or something from the wine cellar?

Can't you just read from the start of the thread like everybody else did?

noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:52 am
And LOL at you writing "Thanks" as if his post was a reply to your arrogant request for a paragraph explaining what Soundpaint is!

Shouldn't you be on the Sonic Extensions thread answering questions as if you work for Spectrasonics?

bermudagold wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:39 pm
BenfordLaw wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:08 pm
Soundpaint wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:50 am https://youtu.be/gNuBf7gHtWk
I imagine you have a lot more control over the synthesis part than you do in Spectrasonics' Sonic Extensions, so it will be easier to make new sounds based on the expansions you have bought.
what are you basing that on?...have you watched this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD4CuAw4Qe0
He doesn't go into the "matrix" tab, but that is not what I see...I see a taxonomy/ontology of library>program>part>preset...presets made from 4parts...samplists have always subtracted attacks, sustains, and releases from different sounds and stitched them together in new playable instruments...avenger even has dedicated library folders for this purpose...and samplists have always crossfaded sounds
So if you cant load your own samples...if the instruments are still GBs...if there is no resynthesis...the morph looks like crossfading with alternate imposed EQ curves from source and target...where is the revolution again?...looks more like a way for 8dio to get away from Kontakt without saying so...adding a revenue stream by reselling all their 8dio content in soundpaint format...cant knock the hustle...looks like a fine product, especially for people just starting out
After using the free piano version, I have to say that you are correct - it doesn't have any synthesis capabilities, as far as I can see (I've only had a very brief time to look at it) at all, apart from an ADSR envelope and modulation options. i.e. the most rudimentary 'synthesis' controls you would expect any sampler to have. I think you're right, this isn't going to be what I thought it was going to be.

BenfordLaw wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:27 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:52 am
And LOL at you writing "Thanks" as if his post was a reply to your arrogant request for a paragraph explaining what Soundpaint is!

Shouldn't you be on the Sonic Extensions thread answering questions as if you work for Spectrasonics?
how about we stick to the topic and steer away from you statements?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

mod edit...you should thank me for not banning you...ftr I wouldnt even post again in this thread because thats all it might take.

So, this one, or Horizen, or both? :D
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”