An Invitation to Soundpaint

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
hoxclab
Banned
393 posts since 13 Jul, 2021

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:54 pm

Caine123 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:00 pm
Is it known what the bundle will include?
All Soundpaint Instruments.

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
3481 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:58 pm

I'll be honest, I've not been following this. Looks like the release didn't actually happen? To assuage very mild curiosity, can some kind soul

a) say when it is now supposed to happen (if this is known) and

b) explain in a single paragraph what it actually is.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2019 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 10.5
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

Examigan
KVRAF
6153 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:01 pm

hoxclab wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:49 pm
286.1GB to be precise.
That is huge. I am not sure how many libraries they will include, but I just checked and I have 20 UVI libraries that in total are just about 246 GB.
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agharta
KVRian
1151 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:17 pm

Brass - G-Brass ($30)
XXXXX - XXXXXX XXX ($XX)
Effects - Beautiful Noises ($50)
Guitar - 1975 Soulful Guitar ($20)
Hybrid Cinema - Hybrid Emotions ($50)
Piano - 1928 Vintage Steinway Grand (FREE)
Synths - Juniper 8 ($80 for UDS Edition or $30 for Standard Edition)
Synths - Palindrome ($50 for UDS Edition and $25 for Standard Edition)

User avatar
Michael L
KVRAF
3795 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:52 pm

It sounds like Soundpaint is a sample-based synth where the samples are not just re-pitched but are fully resynthesized, then algorithms extract a large set of audio features so the 'playback' interpolates smoothly between sampled notes and velocities. This feature extraction then allows filtering of those audio features separately so you can tweak each of them (eg. frequency, envelope) in detail to significantly change the sound, perhaps allow feedback to create convolution effects, and of course other possibilities. If I am correct, doing this with minimal latency would be a major achievement.
buying happiness

Musical Gym
KVRAF
5410 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:42 pm

I am playing ketchup also.
Someone mentioned 8DIO.
Could these possibly come from some of their libraries?

DCrown
KVRist
98 posts since 1 Jul, 2021

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:54 pm

www.soundpaint.com does not work.
Only a link to youtube, could not find any download link, either!?
Also could not find any information about download size, one of the most important things at least for me.

fairlyclose
KVRAF
1818 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:06 pm

Michael L wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:52 pm
It sounds like Soundpaint is a sample-based synth where the samples are not just re-pitched but are fully resynthesized, then algorithms extract a large set of audio features so the 'playback' interpolates smoothly between sampled notes and velocities. This feature extraction then allows filtering of those audio features separately so you can tweak each of them (eg. frequency, envelope) in detail to significantly change the sound, perhaps allow feedback to create convolution effects, and of course other possibilities. If I am correct, doing this with minimal latency would be a major achievement.
combined with a paid version that allows resynthesis of one's own samples and it would indeed be a winner - it could then be a platform

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
3481 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:52 pm

Michael L wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:52 pm
It sounds like Soundpaint is a sample-based synth where the samples are not just re-pitched but are fully resynthesized, then algorithms extract a large set of audio features so the 'playback' interpolates smoothly between sampled notes and velocities. This feature extraction then allows filtering of those audio features separately so you can tweak each of them (eg. frequency, envelope) in detail to significantly change the sound, perhaps allow feedback to create convolution effects, and of course other possibilities. If I am correct, doing this with minimal latency would be a major achievement.
Thanks! And no-one knows when it is out now?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2019 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 10.5
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

BenfordLaw
KVRist
139 posts since 12 Nov, 2020

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:26 am

noiseboyuk wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:58 pm
I'll be honest, I've not been following this. Looks like the release didn't actually happen? To assuage very mild curiosity, can some kind soul

a) say when it is now supposed to happen (if this is known) and

b) explain in a single paragraph what it actually is.

Thanks in advance.
Is there anything else you would like us to do? A cup of tea, perhaps, or something from the wine cellar?

Can't you just read from the start of the thread like everybody else did?

BenfordLaw
KVRist
139 posts since 12 Nov, 2020

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:27 am

noiseboyuk wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:52 pm
Michael L wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:52 pm
It sounds like Soundpaint is a sample-based synth where the samples are not just re-pitched but are fully resynthesized, then algorithms extract a large set of audio features so the 'playback' interpolates smoothly between sampled notes and velocities. This feature extraction then allows filtering of those audio features separately so you can tweak each of them (eg. frequency, envelope) in detail to significantly change the sound, perhaps allow feedback to create convolution effects, and of course other possibilities. If I am correct, doing this with minimal latency would be a major achievement.
Thanks! And no-one knows when it is out now?
And LOL at you writing "Thanks" as if his post was a reply to your arrogant request for a paragraph explaining what Soundpaint is!

Shouldn't you be on the Sonic Extensions thread answering questions as if you work for Spectrasonics?

BenfordLaw
KVRist
139 posts since 12 Nov, 2020

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:29 am

bermudagold wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:39 am
BenfordLaw wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:08 am
Soundpaint wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:50 pm
https://youtu.be/gNuBf7gHtWk
I imagine you have a lot more control over the synthesis part than you do in Spectrasonics' Sonic Extensions, so it will be easier to make new sounds based on the expansions you have bought.
what are you basing that on?...have you watched this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD4CuAw4Qe0
He doesn't go into the "matrix" tab, but that is not what I see...I see a taxonomy/ontology of library>program>part>preset...presets made from 4parts...samplists have always subtracted attacks, sustains, and releases from different sounds and stitched them together in new playable instruments...avenger even has dedicated library folders for this purpose...and samplists have always crossfaded sounds
So if you cant load your own samples...if the instruments are still GBs...if there is no resynthesis...the morph looks like crossfading with alternate imposed EQ curves from source and target...where is the revolution again?...looks more like a way for 8dio to get away from Kontakt without saying so...adding a revenue stream by reselling all their 8dio content in soundpaint format...cant knock the hustle...looks like a fine product, especially for people just starting out
After using the free piano version, I have to say that you are correct - it doesn't have any synthesis capabilities, as far as I can see (I've only had a very brief time to look at it) at all, apart from an ADSR envelope and modulation options. i.e. the most rudimentary 'synthesis' controls you would expect any sampler to have. I think you're right, this isn't going to be what I thought it was going to be.

User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
35018 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:14 am

BenfordLaw wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:27 am
noiseboyuk wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:52 pm
Michael L wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:52 pm
It sounds like Soundpaint is a sample-based synth where the samples are not just re-pitched but are fully resynthesized, then algorithms extract a large set of audio features so the 'playback' interpolates smoothly between sampled notes and velocities. This feature extraction then allows filtering of those audio features separately so you can tweak each of them (eg. frequency, envelope) in detail to significantly change the sound, perhaps allow feedback to create convolution effects, and of course other possibilities. If I am correct, doing this with minimal latency would be a major achievement.
Thanks! And no-one knows when it is out now?
And LOL at you writing "Thanks" as if his post was a reply to your arrogant request for a paragraph explaining what Soundpaint is!

Shouldn't you be on the Sonic Extensions thread answering questions as if you work for Spectrasonics?
how about we stick to the topic and steer away from you statements?
Words are a barrier to help-seeking and a motivator for making discrimination acceptable.
Mad Pride
If there is a direction to mankind, it ought to be a coming together Brian May

hoxclab
Banned
393 posts since 13 Jul, 2021

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:15 am

mod edit...you should thank me for not banning you...ftr I wouldnt even post again in this thread because thats all it might take.

User avatar
starflakeprj
KVRAF
2140 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:58 am

So, this one, or Horizen, or both? :D
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”