Vengeance Avenger another Nexus 2/3? Alternatives?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I tried yesterday as demo version Vengeance Avenger and played along some hours through the patches and sequences.
Really fast my impression was, that this is "only" another version of Nexus (2/3) from Refx.
All patches and especially sequences sounds as from Nexus.
Also Vengeance Avenger concentrate up to 90% their patches and sequence mostly to Trap, Techno, Rave and so on; same with Nexus.
Nexus provides in addition the Orchestra patches/sequences and have the great Big Tone libraries.
So Vengeance Avenger brings to me no additional usefull "things".

Do you know some alternatives on VST, which works with ready-to-play sequences like Nexus, Vengeance Avenger or Omnisphere? Could be also a Kontakt library (like e.g. Rhythmology).
Note: I don't search for Techno, Trap, Rave and so on :-)

As much as i dont like their copy protection politics and p×÷ing off old customers which made it succesful you dont have a clue sadly... avenger is a full synth incl many more options like granular synth etc. Not a rompler like nexus 2 and 3.
Last edited by Caine123 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Bladerunner1962 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:00 am I tried yesterday as demo version Vengeance Avenger and played along some hours through the patches and sequences.
Really fast my impression was, that this is "only" another version of Nexus (2/3) from Refx.
Try it again then. It's not a rompler, it's a synth.

Its got so much more than Nexus AND you get the same sounds (presets) so its Nexus' big brother imo.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Can you create your own sounds from scratch with Nexus ? No you can’t. Using Avenger, you can.
The spirit is the same, that’s true. Coming from the same company, that’s something you can assume.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Really fast my impression was, that this is "only" another version of Nexus
no its something completely different. Its a synth, you can edit everything and create from scratch. Nexus is a studio workhorse for quickly creating musical pieces
Also Vengeance Avenger concentrate up to 90% their patches and sequence mostly to Trap, Techno, Rave and so on; same with Nexus
not true: Count every Synthwave, LoFi, Chiptune, Cinematic, Minimal, Italo, DnB, Chillout and whatever "non-EDM" XP and you will see the ratio is more like 50/50
and have the great Big Tone libraries.
there are also 2 BigTone XPs for Avenger...

for more infos feel free to join the FB groups
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPSAvenger
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nexusrefx

Return to “Instruments”