Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Musical Gym wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:12 am Nice progression and feel.
Are these the chords?
Csus2P11M13
GmP11M13
FM7M9
Gm
Dmb7
Amb7P11
Bb
Dmb7
(What does the P11 designate?)
Not sure why they added the "P" but it's just an 11.
P11.png
sharp11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thanks

Could the P be a natural? To show it's not a sharp or flat 11th?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:36 amI personally prefer it a lot when the basic structure stays the same, but on each Iteration you get variations (more or less drastic, following some settings) without losing the original theme or melody.

And in that realm, a musical, "intelligent" variator, which knows about the other tracks and keeps coherence would be quite interesting.
I remember Numerology had a similar option on one or two of it's sequencers. I am sure the mono sequencer had it but it's been a long time since I had my iMac and I can't quite remember the terminology used. Either way it would be nice to see someone else pick up that ball and take it further down the field. It was a feature I liked and used a lot.

In fact it was one of the mountains I thought I could climb with Loomer's Architect but I just haven't had the time to invest yet...

Yeah, it seems such a natural thing to do...

Similar expectation here with Architect. While I did quite some work with it initially, it's way more tedious and counterintuitive for me to use on the node side than I'd have expected. I should probably just stay in LUA for most of the meat, but that partly defeats the purpose of using it...
It's almost 3 years now that I bought it and we still do not have real docs or the "300 examples" Colin once said he had made during development.
He sure is the most glacial developer I ever dealt with... ;-)

But also, my interest shifted over the time Architect was/is slowly tickled into existence.
When he first announced it (with a much smaller scope in that endless thread), I was very deeply into generative things and expected to do "everything" with it.
Now, what feels like a decade later, I still like generative tools, but the main thing I do musically is playing my EWI USB with Respiro and some Audio Modeling SWAM instruments, sometimes along generative tools, sometimes not.
And Bitwig made great strides in the generative realm itself.

So yeah, let's see if Architect will take off at one point.
But I think it's just as probable that somebody else will create something more fluid to use.
The Bespoke DAW was a very pleasant surprise in that realm recently and the next version, with most of the immediate problems fixed, should bring it into everybody's focus for real.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

The main reason I like looking at different types of apps that generate midi is so I can see what other cool items I can add to my own Objective-C application that I have.
I've written several MIDIFX plug-ins since, while I like the Scripter in Logic, compiled code is always faster than scripting code.
That Loomer developer is still not done and not to sound mean, but he's not going to finish it.

As with all development of software, most people code as you go. Wrong thing to do.
System design is the most important thing. System design doesn't reference, code language, OS, etc...
It's a design of the flow and to try to figure out pitfalls of the flow.

The reason I like Logic Pro X Scripter is because it's a great prototype tool prior to writing the Objective-C code and to make sure it's going to work in Logic and so Logic can use any generated MIDI.

Musical Gym wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:12 am Nice progression and feel.
Are these the chords?
Csus2P11M13
[...]
(What does the P11 designate?)
In all likelihood a perfect, as opposed to a sharp (augmented) 11. There, F.
There isn't really a flat 11, that would be a major 10, ie, a major third, has no sense as a harmony part.
In a line one might write 'Gb Fb Eb Db C' or somewhat, because spelling, but that's about the size of b4 or b11.

C D F A however is really a Dm7 in third inversion "Dm/C".

^ thanks much for info
Isn't Fb just an E?

On keyboards yes… If you get into just intonation no…

thanks for tip

From Intermorphic:

Wotja 22 versions will be available for purchase/download Jan 1st 2022.

The paid-for version might be available for *pre-order* in the Apple App Store towards the end of December.

We expect we will run an early bird (discounted) price until Jan 7th.

Example using midi created in Wotja 21:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRhQ-OIeOjs

I did a search on this thread but didn't find any matches for Metro by Sagan Technology which has Rhythm Explorer and Lead Generator algorythms both capable of generating very convincing instrumental MIDI parts for keys, guitars, drums, bass, orchestral etc:
https://www.sagantech.com/

The tweakability and depth of the parameters you can drill down to appears practically limitless (and yes, it was coded by a relative of astrophysicist Carl Sagan - his brother I think)

Looks interesting but it being a standalone application puts me off tbh

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

It seems that Wotja 21 for Windows does not have a plugin version.
It runs as a stand-alone only.
Too bad!
Will Wotja 22 be available as a VST?

You can just route the midi from Wotja into your DAW, works fine. I'm having a blast with it.

Return to “Effects”